Player
    Character
    Levenin Refure
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70

Maximizing my damage as BRD?

So I've recently been trying to improve my numbers after finally tackling Omega Savage (I'm late to the game ;u; ) and looking for my clear on Shinryu. Though I haven't been farming a ton yet, I have a few parses up for O1S and O2S. I'm at the point on both where I'm comfortable with them and can reliably DPS throughout the entire encounter without dying (at least not from my own actions LOL).

My best Alte Roite run sits at 3.6k and my best Catastrophe run sits at 3.8k. I'm at ilvl332 so I know I can easily make it into the next tier, but can't seem to get there. Pretty sure I can adjust my opener and... everything else involving my rotation, haha. BRD is the only DPS job I really mess with and I recently got invited as backfill for a static, so any advice would help, especially with Sigma coming out in a few weeks!
    (0)

Saskia Ljosalfr - SCH/BRD - Midgardsormr | Levenin Refure - AST - Balmung
    M'ihrima Ulei - WHM - Balmung

Player
    Character
    Lynn Nuvestrahl
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Check out The Balance Discord BRD channels for the most up to date guides and theorycrafting.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    This is an extremely comprehensive guide involving a lot of theorycrafting and optimization tips for BRD. It’s quite long, but I highly recommend reading it. I’m far from being “the best” when it comes to BRD, but I utilized a lot of information in this guide when I started optimizing the job in Stormblood. It also contains the current BiS for BRD, and secondary stat priority for you to consider when melding (Crit > D.Hit > Det > Skill Speed).

As for your current numbers, remember that gear not only plays a huge part, but party composition as well. Having a DRG in your party will easily grant you an extra 200~300 DPS from Disembowel alone, not to mention the bonuses to your critical hit stat from Battle Litany; a SCH with Chain Strategem also goes a long way to helping BRD, and AST’s Spear cards as well.
    (0)
    Last edited by HyoMinPark; 01-05-2018 at 08:03 AM.
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Levenin Refure
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Late reply but thanks for the advice!

Finally got to 4k. I thank the DRG that tethered me every now and then, haha.
    (1)

Saskia Ljosalfr - SCH/BRD - Midgardsormr | Levenin Refure - AST - Balmung
    M'ihrima Ulei - WHM - Balmung

Player
    Character
    Gwendolyn Highwind
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitfox View Post
    Check out The Balance Discord BRD channels for the most up to date guides and theorycrafting.
    +1 for this!!! Really nice people to!
    (0)

"I've Left the fire... But the fire hasn't me... Through the fire I am reborn..."