Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Jaeger Strauss
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    I actually just hit mch to 60 the other day. I took a break from it to focus on dragoon. But yeah, its not the type of support it offers its the theme of the support. Those same buffs could be done via magitec or something. I actually dont mind the way the gear looks.

I kbow nothing will be done about it but this was on my mind. Glad I'm not the only one.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrhn View Post
    Maybe SE can make us a Sniper or Ranger job that specialize in Longbows or Crossbows
    If they make a Sniper job, I'd prefer it be a proper rifle-wielding job.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrhn View Post
    Maybe SE can make us a Sniper or Ranger job that specialize in Longbows or Crossbows
    What would be the point though? Aesthetics aside, Bard and Machinist cover the archer/gunner fantasy, albeit in their own way. We're far more likely to see more unique jobs like Dancer, Rune Knight, Beast Master and other concepts not explored whatsoever in FFXIV yet.
    (1)

Omni-Melee | Dark Knight | White Mage
    Disciple of the Hand | Disciple of the Land

"The Monk is asked by the party to take out the trash. The monk picks up the Samurai."
    If you fancy chatting or simply want to yell at me over something: Cassandra Solidor#6309

Player
    Character
    Rhama Roulee
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    I suggest that you unequip the bard job stone :O
    (0)
    I seemed swinging in a mighty rhythm through orbit vastness. Sparkling points of light spluttered and shot past me.

Player
    Character
    Dzian Cielo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Meta-Flare View Post
    I love archers, but I hate bards in almost everything I have ever played except for maybe dragon age inquisition multiplayer.

I hope they add a new job crystal to archer that turns it into a ranger type class or something.

I know this won\\'t ever happen probably, but I have this thought everytime I login the game. What do you think? Would you want that, or a whole new bow class added that shares nothing with the current class/job, or are you content with bars?
    Virtually every 1.0 archer said the same thing when they added jobs.

Why is archer bard and not ranger what the hell se?

Many had originally hoped archer would be the glass cannon dps ranger job. Paper armor expensive to play but packs the ultimate punch.

Then we got shunned into weak assed lol support class which was totally the opposite direction to what players wanted.

While the brds dps isn\\'t laughable these days it\\'s still a long way from the traditional glass cannon ranged job. Especially when my brd often has more hp than some monks and drgs I get parties with.

I still wish it was that glass cannon ranged. But at least it\\'s not the heavensward bow mage any more. Glad to see that die
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Falling Wing
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    "Glass cannon ranged job" Why does it matter what your health? You shouldn't be taking any auto attacks or tank busters anyway. Your hp is literally a healer mechanic and a limit to how bad you can be at mechanics in most content and nothing else.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Strago Magus
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 69
    Quote Originally Posted by rhumu17 View Post
    I suggest that you unequip the bard job stone :O
    Good joke aside, this is a good idea for SE to look into if they have the time or have no plans on new jobs. Make classes usable again. They can add abilities and passives if they need to make it comparable to a job. Could also fix the ‘oh I forgot to equip the stone tehee’ mistakes and play properly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tizzy Tormentor
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Is it weird that after all the non-stop crying about 3.X Bard, I'm actually starting to miss it? I wouldn't mind Ranger being Bow Mage, though that is just wishful thinking.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zuzu Belloq
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tizzy_Tormentor View Post
    Is it weird that after all the non-stop crying about 3.X Bard, I'm actually starting to miss it? I wouldn't mind Ranger being Bow Mage, though that is just wishful thinking.
    The Bow Mage issue was mostly fixed by the ability of having enough TP to sustain using Feint for instant anytime they want/needed. But since that wasn't obvious, not many people did it and just wanted to have everything be instant again. Which wasn't a bad move by SE either.

Now why make MCH be like that as well was just... ugh. Casters don't have consistency on cast times why should the two rangeds do.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rinoa Drachentatze
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlunarfox View Post
    He means support in other ways NOT in song. An actual ranger type class.
    than he actually just hate the animations - brd support utility count to the best utility ingame... there is no common sense/way to disliking their effects oO

Quote Originally Posted by Llugen View Post
    I know in Ragnarok Online there was a meaningful split between Hunter and Bard, and I agree; that would be nice for this game. However, it's a little too late to change that now sadly, or so it would appear.
    the meaningfull split you are talking about is not comparable because there was no actual split... they were different cls from the scratch. While Ranger was an advance job from Archer/Hunter/Sniper (dps>support) – Bard (support>dps) was a prototype-concept cls for grp-skills with dancer as partner - offtopic: FF14 should take a look at that concept... the grp-songs were great for pvp/woe in tactical ways... we could need something like that for raiding as well.

so you played RO? on which server? been part of the GA, PA or chaos-alliance? have u played woe at all? maybe we know each other way longer than I thought : o
    (0)
    Last edited by Neela; 01-11-2018 at 01:42 AM.

Look, Pagos is not about where you're from. It's not some empathy-fun show, okay?
    There's no auto-respawn, no strategy to be efficiently and no elite-bonus... what makes you think you got it, huh?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast