Player
    Character
    Aerilyn Speardancer
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52

Newbie Bard Q

As the title says I'm a FF Newb, my Q being re: Bard and Perform. Do I REALLY need to use this action or just use the other Bard Songs. I mean I think it's AWESOME they're letting us try and make new songs it's just that I can't play any instrument IRL to save MY life. I WAS thinking about maybe later on looking up about reading music sheets to try something, but that's going to be WAY later down the line.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nephie Elz
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    ???

The "performance" action just allows you to manually play music. It's just for fun.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    "Perform" is a feature completely independent from PvE/PvP content. So, no, you do not need to unlock it to utilize your battle songs (Mage's Ballad, Army's Paeon, and the Wanderer's Minuet). To unlock your battle songs, you just do your job quests (level 30, level 40, and level 52, respectfully).
    (0)

Bard | Red Mage | Triple-Threat Healer

Feel free to add me on Discord if you want a friend or just someone to talk to: Hyomin Park#0055
    I will reply to messages whenever I am not busy studying, sleeping, or raiding. ^^ If I do not respond quickly, then I’m sorry, but I am quite busy sometimes!

Signature was made using: http://ff14card.tank.jp ; Credits to the creator!

Player
    Character
    Aerilyn Speardancer
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52
    OK THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (1)