Player
    Character
    Kevay Schoneke
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90

Most jobs should have had the animation upgrade MCH had

Most classes basically had the same combos since the making of the game in ARR, and probably even before that, in 1.0. Why not give us new animations?

MCH in 3.X had some underwhelming attack animations so they fixed them and now they're pretty flashy and it feels good to use their skills. While you have MNK who is a very combo based class, still stuck to some very old and weak looking skills.

They even took away some good stuff like Ring of Thorns and Wide Volley and kept Doom Spike and Quick Nock instead (I don't mind Doom Spike mind you). Upgrades to the moves animations would make them feel more powerful and fun to use, and make being at 70 feel awesome.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Most actions are already overly flashy, and because the animations can't use transparency, making things flashier would just lead to more visual obstruction. I already can't see the area around my target most of the time unless I set everyone to Limited, even in light parties.
    (9)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Kevay Schoneke
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    You can be flashy without obstructing view. Take DRG's CT combo for example; even though it's old, it's elegant, well done and feels good to execute, and on top of that, pretty clean. Why should a class like MNk for example, keep the same level 1 skill for the past 4 years with no form of change whatsoever? You don't think an improvement could be made?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nial Niffelh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    not every job needs to have flashy attacks, i personally prefer if the dev team made skills what aren't excesive flashy, because ot forces me to put in limited most attaks of the rest of the party/alliances since they just make imposible to notice what is around you when you are at melee range, oh, also, drg ct combo to me do not falls under flashy attacks, but rather regular-ish looking ones

also, monk attacks are fine as how they are, they feel right to use as how they are, is just not your thing tho
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Please no. They're the reason I leveled Bard before Machinist. I would never sub again if I had to put up with that level of eyesore on every job.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Furuiko Houraisen
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    No thanks. Maybe make it look prettier, but I prefer it to not obstruct view.

Currently the one gripe I have is Abyssal Drain. It's a giant black spiky ball and I can't see AoE telegraphs while the visual effect is playing out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hildegarde Rosea
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Absolutely not. This would actually bother me to the point of unsubbing. There are many reasons why I chose to painfully let go my main class all through Heavensward. One of the biggest was the fact that I had to deal with extremely obnoxious, Wanted-esque flipping and magic bullet bending on a class that used to be rather precise and deliberate in their style.

It was utterly abhorrent to me, and if every class had this kind of embarrassing treatment, I couldn't stand to play this game anymore.

That being said, you do bring up good examples like Chaos Thrust, which is simple, elegant, and indicative of Dragoons through Freya's Cherry Blossom skill. Monk and I'd argue Ninja could stand to have a more diverse pool of skill animations, but god forbid anything as horrifically designed as B-rate Hollywood movie Machinist.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kevay Schoneke
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I didn't mean that I want the same degree of flashiness MCH had, even though I did like them. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm not sure why it's such a black or white situation. We either stay with the old animations or get animations designed by Micheal Bay's team, that's not how it works. We can get a middle ground, something new and fresh. Nothing over the top but at least different, that's all. Something to consider.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lyland Battersea
    World
    Chocobo
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexalibur View Post
    I'm not sure why it's such a black or white situation... We can get a middle ground, something new and fresh. Nothing over the top but at least different, that's all.
    Because on matters based on subjective opinion, it's not actually that easy to identify the "middle ground". What's "average" to you can be "over-the-top" for someone else, or "too bland" for another player.

Just take the colour saturation for the game, for example. To me, the default setting is already just nice, but for many people, the colours appear washed out. Many resort to using ReShade to pump up the contrast to levels that appear way too extreme to me, but nonetheless suit them just fine.

So, frankly, this is not an issue for the team to fuss over. There'll be no way to please everyone on this matter.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ritza Solair
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 79
    some ppl like the non-heated version of MCH's shots (like myself, I've gotten used to it but still don't like it)
    (1)
    What some see as "distracted" is really "fathoming the unfathomable" - last words from an Ul'dahn Mercurial Chemister at the battle of Carteneau

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast