Player
    Character
    Taiyo Shikasu
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by RylaBee View Post
    scratched your but 20 times - achievement.
    Slap a title on it and make it happen, Square.

Biggest issue I have with the sidequests is they offer too little experience. Capped out on three jobs already and I haven't even unlocked Doma Castle (hooray for alliance raids becoming accessible), so trying to get caught up with another to enter dungeons, but the EXP is so low. If I need 5.8 million EXP to level up, 86,000 from a sidequest isn't going to do beans. The little over 100k from MSQ isn't much better, but it is better in comparison.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xenabelle Shadowsong
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    I think all the quests that unlocked flying in SB started mini quest chains and they actually have pretty neat stories that are focused on helping one person that tie back to the MSQ. I've been systematically clearing the zones while levelling up my DoMs and have found them quite entertaining.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    What I'd really like is a button to simply hide all of the quest markers that aren't msq /job related or a plus quest that unlocks something. Or repeatable.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mikeru Takeuchi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I'd use them for free EXP and free gil. Can't go wrong with these two things IMO. And some side story quests are quite interesting too.
    (0)
    My Current Characters:
    Mikeru Takeuchi: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/14812205/
    Ekkusu Volnutt: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/8909941/
    Rokku Sigma: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/5714962/

"Break a warrior's body, and he will thirst for vengeance. Break his spirit, and he will clamor for peace. Judge my methods distasteful if you will - but know that I seek to end this conflict, not prolong it." - Yadovv Gah, Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Not to be rude but what more of an incentive do you need? Doing then guarantee a level 70 if you stick with the same job. Kind of a what to do doing your downtime.-.-
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rhia Nara
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I usually only do msq with my main class and leave side quests for other jobs to gain xp. I do like them though, games like gw2 which don't have side quests feel boring and grindy to me very quickly, as I lack one of the options to get experience.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shalya Arlemoire
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Some of the normal side quests reward you with HQ gear. Even if the first quest rewards you with nothing it can be happen that the following quests gives gear Sell it for money, if you don't need it.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    The Samurai stops performing any actions and takes two telegraphed aoes to the face and dies but still manages to get his final words out..

"u dont pay my sub noob"

Player
    Character
    Alpha Bongo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Side quests are there for solo exp. They are intended to be completed whilst levelling up, for example while waiting for the DF to pop. This is why they also give levelling gear, materia and Gil as rewards, to help you as you level, which is stuff you don't get from FATES, leves and PotD. They also have little tidbits of lore that help flesh out the world.

If you are at 70 and you are not interested in story then yes, I can see why you don't feel incentivised to do them, but there is no point in saying 'give me a reason do them'- there already is a reason, it just doesn't interest you.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Squintina Nightgard
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffey View Post
    Side quests are there for solo exp. They are intended to be completed whilst levelling up, for example while waiting for the DF to pop. This is why they also give levelling gear, materia and Gil as rewards, to help you as you level, which is stuff you don't get from FATES, leves and PotD. They also have little tidbits of lore that help flesh out the world.

If you are at 70 and you are not interested in story then yes, I can see why you don't feel incentivised to do them, but there is no point in saying 'give me a reason do them'- there already is a reason, it just doesn't interest you.
    Considering that my post specifically mentions and compare experience with actual numbers using actual non-70 levels, I am obviously not referring to someone doing them as 70.

What, did you read the first line only?

Also
    1) most sidequests do not go in depth into story at all and

2) I do care about story when it actually is presented (which most sidequests barely have any except for the special ones with cutscenes). For example the mog storyline, a custscene sidequest, had a lot of lore. I enjoyed that.

However the sidequest to go kill something because it's dangerous (and no other reason is provided) has about as much story as a leve or fate -.- Heck some fates even have npc's that talk and have more "story" than such sidequests.

3) I don't see how asking for an achievement or reward for actually doing many side quests would in any way, shape or form hurt anyone's ability to enjoy this content as it is so I don't get the point for rejecting this in the first place.
    (0)
    Last edited by Squintina; 01-27-2018 at 03:46 AM.

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Then skip them.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast