Player
    Character
    Fjola Lightsworn
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70

A potential fix for Tornado Kick

So i have an idea for a tornado kick fix and wonder how others think of it.

Change it's CD from 10 seconds to 60 seconds (or 90 seconds to be more friendly to RoF)
    Keep the potency the same or higher it slightly
    Only usable during GL3 but no longer consumes them (think of it like suiton requirement for trick attack)
    Make it provide 8% vulnerability for 10 seconds (not 10% so NIN doesn't feel threatened)
    Rename it to "Not Trick Attack"
    Potentially put a positional to it??

Thoughts and ideas to improve this?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Carlo Vinne
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    I considered suggesting that it grants a slowly decaying buff, similar to what Red Mage has, that's equivalent to having GL3. By the time you've built back up to GL3, it's expired.A lternatively, the buff could be longer, but 1 stack is consumed each time you gain a GL stack.

But I didn't suggest anything, because my only real experience with Monk is in PotD.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Echo Skyla
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    This is monk we are talking about so realistically it'd be "increases target's damage taken from blunt damage by 8% for 10 seconds. Does not stack with blunt resistance down".
    (6)
    Last edited by echo78; 01-05-2018 at 09:57 PM.

Player
    Character
    Baal Mirtaq
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I'd be happy, if it would reset the CD of Perfect Balance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I'm no monk expert but I thought tornado kick was a way to use your GL as a way to compensate for the LOST OF GL in a phase transition or other moment where you would loose it. Giving it a cd without loosing the buff would just make it something you press when up ans that's it
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I think that the point in contention is the fact that it was a niche ability already and Riddle of Earth kinda made it further niche to the point of beign obsolete
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fjola Lightsworn
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedi View Post
    I think that the point in contention is the fact that it was a niche ability already and Riddle of Earth kinda made it further niche to the point of beign obsolete
    Exactly this, Riddle of Earth has effectively removed the extremely niche window in which we used tornado kick by allowing us to extend our GL3 instead of having to dump it into tornado kick.

To my memory there isn't a single time where Tornado kick can be used to full effect (perhaps there's 1 use)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sailysium Leingod
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    The change i’ve suggested for Tornado kick several times in the past throughout heavensward is to give a new trait “Hurricane Kick” such that every GL3 refresh gives 5-10% chance that the next Tornado Kick consumes no stacks. Percentage can be flexible so long as Tornado kick’s potency is adjusted accordingly. I still would prefer this change but I also know not all monk players even appreciate the RnG nature of chakra generation right now. So this might not sit well with some players to add another layer of RnG.

Thinking about it now with the context of stormblood changes, instead of using another layer of RnG with GL3 refresh granting this Hurricane Kick effect, maybe just make the Earth's Reply Effect also give a free tornado kick use for 20 seconds or so that persists even when leaving fists of earth. This is actually what I thought would happen when we saw something like this occur one of the early stormblood trailers, only to find out Earth's Reply did something else entirely.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sailysium; 01-06-2018 at 01:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Remove the cost while under Riddle of Wind.

/fingerguns
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I didn't know about the riddle of earth, (bad monk there)
    Yeah then the skill is in fact rather useless.

It seems that the whole fire wind earth thing needs some kind of revamp.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast