Player
    Character
    Thuggly Wuggly
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50

Food Effects and Food Recipes

As food effects are slated for adjustment in 1.20b and recipes due to be updated in 1.21 isn't it about time we got our opinions out to the devs, I've had a quick search of the forums and couldn't find a definitive thread regarding these topics, however I was a cursory glance so you'll have to forgive me if I've missed your thread.

Anyway here goes for my ideas / some other suggestions I've heard, read of fleshed out, again if it's one of your ideas, sorry for poaching it, but I liked it and hopefully took it one step further.

Food Effects

Bring back the old and trusted method of base caps. Each food has 1 fixed stat and one stat that affects a stat based on a percentage and base cap, so:

Flatbread
    VIT +2
    Defence +27% (cap is +50 @ 185 Defence)

Knights bread
    VIT +5
    Defence +20% (cap is +150 @ 600 Defence)

Meat Miq’abob
    STR +4
    Attack power +22% (cap is +65 @ 295 attack)

Kobold Punch (I know theres no such drink, but as juices are taken by crafters I made one up, I'm sure were going to need to see a complete overhaul of the food recipe system).
    Regen 2HP / 3sec
    MP +12% (cap is 204 @ 1700mp)

As you can see from above a level 10 Gladiator with defence of say, 180, would benefit more from Flat bread giving him the full 50 points of defence as opposed to the Knights bread which would only give him 36 points of defence.

Duration

All food should be active for:

5 mins for raw foods / ingredients
    30 mins for crafted food eaten individually
    2 hours if consumed as part of a meal

Meals
    Should consist of 3 crafted items, no beneficial increase in effects, just able to stack multiple effects i.e.:

Melee/Tank
    Starter Knights Bread Defence / VIT
    Main course Meat Miq’abob Attack Power / STR
    Drink Kobold Punch HP regen/ MP

From the above you would benefit from:
    Defence + 150
    VIT +5
    Attack power +65
    STR +4
    HP regen @ 2hp/3secs
    MP + 204

Obviously this is just from a Melee/Tanks point of view; there would be different food effects for every stat, that’s up to square to work out.

Food Recipes

I don’t mind the recipes so much, with a levelled gathering class, or a friend that has one levelled, and some farming sessions for meats etc, you can come by the ingredients easily enough. However the returns can be a bit lame, for so many ingredients in a recipe I’d hope to see at least 3 finished items for my troubles. I’m guessing once food stats are sorted, and a clearer understanding of the exact effects the food is giving you, making food will seem less tedious, making Knights bread, Sauerkraut and Shepherds pies over and over again for no EXP gain is getting a bit tired.

I would however like to point out that we still get raped on inventory space for ingredients like Mineral water, Aldgoat milk and buffalo milk, only stacking to 12. It’s about time these were sorted and stack to 99.

Anyway, some ideas to hopefully get the creative juices of the community going, come on guys n gals, lets get what we want out of food from the Devs.
    (7)
    Last edited by ThugHunter; 01-18-2012 at 07:27 AM. Reason: cause I'm a retard

http://kotrls.guildwork.com