Player
    Character
    Arios Zei-luwein
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

More Egi's Or Demi-Primals?

Do you think Summoners should get more egi's or should they be able to summon demi-primals instead?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thosinebb Ahldhyltsyn
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Definitely more Egi.
    Especially considering that we were only able to summon Ifrit-Egi, Titan-Egi and Garuda-Egi for years.

Also, the fact that SMN's quests alluded to the existence of both: Ramuh-Egi and Sephirot-Egi certainly didn't help matters.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Aurelius Lyon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    More Demi Primals. Honestly they should replace the Egi Primals with it, too. Giving Summoners more Egi's would be a waste because only one gets to be the best and used the entire time, right now being Ifrit.
    They're also tiny, unimpressive, forgettable and are barely engaging in gameplay.

Meanwhile what I've seen of Demi-Bahamut is something promising. It speaks true to the classic FF way of summoning that people wanted, it's impressive, powerful, satisfying to use and it's engaging. Even with its problems (mainly Demi-Bahamut following you like a lost puppy when you move just one yalm) it's still better than Egi's tbh. Hopefully they improve and add more to this system.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I think that they are going for the demi primal.
    As said it represents the original FF summoner more
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Tal Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Personally I'd move to the 'sort of pet but not really' system of Demi-Bahamut for all summons. Auto-attacking dude who hovers over your shoulder. Keep the 4 options, have them be 'physical', 'magical', 'guardian' and good old Bahamut ultimate summon.

Remove the pet bar and give Summoner 2 new abilities that change based on pet:
    Attack: 110 potency AoE for physical/caster "pet", 110 potency single target stun for guardian.
    Assist: Radiant shield, Contagion, Earthen Ward except you instead of the pet.
    plus slightly changed Enkindle: Inferno & Aerial Blast same as ever, Titan gets Gaol instead (pretty much Stoneskin II, full party 10% of HP shield.)

Then re-delete Sustain .

Not sure if it's just me or not, but demi-Bahamut feels much more responsive. Yeah his following you about is annoying, but it seems like when I hit 'Enkindle Bahamut' he does his thing, no 2 or 3 seconds messing about like Garuda with contagion. Honestly with how set and forget the pets are at this point I think it'd just feel better to have them function almost like stances rather than independent entities.

Edit: given more generic ability names you could also have any egi fit any role. I'd love Shiva, Ramuh and Levi egi options, maybe with Demi-Alex and Demi-Odin as well.
    (3)
    Last edited by Jandor; 01-05-2018 at 08:59 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I wouldn't mind à demi primal such as demi Alexander

But, are we talking about proper skill or just skins?

Because if you want more than skins, in the case of ego you'll just end up with a new better one and in the case of the demi, I don't see how you could make a different one perfectly balanced.

I'd rather have skins, plain and simple
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Depends on how they want to implement it, Demi-primals are not really pets so there won't be a real reason to lock them in roles, they might make you cycle between alexander and bahamut for all we know (as in after summon bahamut you gain alexander aether to unleash alexander trance to then power up summon alexander so the sky is the limit at least imho

frankly speaking they should however rebalance the egis to one be ST and the other be AOE (titan remains a tank) since there's no way for them to balance both in all scenarios
    (0)
    Last edited by Remedi; 01-06-2018 at 12:43 AM.

Character
    Tifa's Soulstone
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    well good question.... my rpg/pve heart cries for more egis - while my raiding-mind hopes for demi-summons... q.q
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sunako Kirishiki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I think current Egi's need more improvement. SCH can use each skill for specific situations, but summoner just keep it sic most of time.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aurelius Lyon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    Because if you want more than skins, in the case of ego you'll just end up with a new better one and in the case of the demi, I don't see how you could make a different one perfectly balanced.
    Demi-Bahamut has a timer unlike Egi's. With adjustments, they can add more Demi-Primals and make you cycle through them like as said. Like Bard songs, they'll all get a turn.

For me, I think a bunch of changes should be made like the summons costing one round of Aetherflow instead of 2 like in PvP, but this is only ideal if Egi's were removed. However, there's plenty of possibilities.
    (2)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast