Player
    Character
    Ogun Riastradh
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90

Returning player and housing loss

I took a break about 3 years ago around 2.5. I had a private estate at the time, and I new that I was going to lose it.
    However, I just signed on and found out all my items and gil can't be reclaimed now? I don't recall there being a limit to reclaim then, and it looks like they changed the rules since then?
    Am I missing something or am I out of luck?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...3e7ccabefa9954

it was introduced in 3.1. If your estate was auto-demolished you had 35 days to get your gil/possesions before they were made irredemable.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ogun Riastradh
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Boo! I would have thought that I would have been grandfathered in since I was last on in 2.5.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Scott Pilgrim
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogun_Riastradh View Post
    Boo! I would have thought that I would have been grandfathered in since I was last on in 2.5.
    Sorry, but it was exactly because of players like yourself not playing any more that they enabled housing reclamation (and the community demanding it). It wouldn't really have made any sense to only do it going forwards, there would still have been hundreds of housing sitting there unused, potentially forever.

There was always only ever 35 days to get back your items/money, but I can see from the notification at the time that it is tacked on the bottom so I can see that could be missed.

On the plus side though, new housing is being added at the end of this month with 4.2 so you have a chance to get something new!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ogun Riastradh
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    As I said in the OP, I knew I was going to lose the housing. That wasn't the issue. I thought the item reclaim was indefinite is all.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ogun_Riastradh; 01-30-2018 at 04:22 AM.

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    As I said in the OP, I new I was going to lose the housing. That wasn't the issue. I thought the item reclaim was indefinite is all.
    Kind of one of the reasons they send reminders by email as well you really only have your self to blame for that. I know RL takes priority, yet if you really cared at a minimum you could have placed their email as an alert in your contacts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ogun Riastradh
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Wow, the responses seem kind of snippy, so maybe I'm not coming across correctly. I am not whining. I knew I was going to lose the housing, and I did get the email for it. However, I either left the game under different rules for reclaiming items and gil back around 2.4ish, or I misunderstood them, especially since I don't recall an email about that. I am simply asking for clarification to make sure that I don't have any recourse in this because I am kind of overwhelmed trying to get familiar with other aspects of the game as well.
    (5)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Wow, the responses seem kind of snippy, so maybe I'm not coming across correctly. I am not whining. I knew I was going to lose the housing, and I did get the email for it. However, I either left the game under different rules for reclaiming items and gil back around 2.4ish, or I misunderstood them, especially since I don't recall an email about that. I am simply asking for clarification to make sure that I don't have any recourse in this because I am kind of overwhelmed trying to get familiar with other aspects of the game as well.
    Sorry if it sounded snippy, there's been a lot of tension recently do to housing so most people need to vent. A lot has to do with too many plots never really being used and people selling them like investment homes ( probably RTM ) . Many aspects have changed and I would recommend going trough the release notes in lodestone on your down time in regards to the changes. Will take a while to read, but makes good reading material if you got time in the john.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Scott Pilgrim
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    However, I either left the game under different rules for reclaiming items and gil back around 2.4ish, or I misunderstood them, especially since I don't recall an email about that.
    Housing reclamation wasn't added until 3.1. That's was literally the first time it ever came into effect and the first houses were demolished on December 25th 2015. Although I didn't get one myself, looking on reddit the example emails people posted at the time do show that they say "Please note, players only have 35 days from the day of demolition to retrieve items from the resident caretaker. After that point, indoor and outdoor furnishings and gil can no longer be retrieved.", so I'm afraid it looks like when you knew about it would be demolished, you missed that line.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ogun Riastradh
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Oh well. When I started FFXIV with the original release, I tried to convince myself that I would somehow play all the way through since it was so tough for me to catch up back in XI. We'll see how I do. Is there a thread somewhere about the most active servers? I'm on Legacy Excal, and its either very dead or I'm just not into the right areas yet. I posted on the Excal forum, but it doesn't seem like they post in there very much.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ogun_Riastradh; 01-06-2018 at 04:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast