Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I know very well why ppl say that, I'm beign open minded about it and saying that we can accept a selfish dps bringing a raid buff if said raid buff is tied to a personal cd.

My goal is finding a compromise to work with and I brought an example on how it can work

Look I'm not denying that MCH grants raidwide dmg with hypercharge I'm saying that it's entire toolkit is based on the premise of them bringing dmg and Hypercharge at it's core is a personal CD integral to their rotation, how you use it to benefit your group better than you that is secondary to the point, What I want to get at is that BLM could get a personal that gives them a burst window AND also applies a debuff that grants some sort of bonus to the raid WHILE still beign a purely dmg job.

I understand that ppl have started to use the term selfish dps to identify jobs that do nothing to the raid but if that's so ONLY BLM is in that category SAM does have that slashing I KNOW THAT IS NOT THE OPTIMAL but it's there like it or not they have that possibility or bringing it be it a very underperforming comp or a 4 man, to which I say we can bring something and still be a raw dmg job.

That's why I said : what if I told you that MCH can be considered selfish, they kinda fall in that category too. It's a huge stretch I won't deny that but I want to be open minded about this buisness and find a solution, not simply wallowing in despair
    (0)
    Last edited by Remedi; 01-04-2018 at 08:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Harold Saxon
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    You need to re-evaluate your definition of selfish dps as it is not in sync with what the rest of the community considers to be selfish. Ultimately, the discussion on your definition is pretty much irrelevant to the thread and the problem in hand - its just a semantics argument.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Then let's drop the semantic and talk about the contents? My effort was to shown a solution to the problem of the burst and the total lack of party synergy, while still beign able to be considered selfish simply because those loopholes already exist in the game, but seems that we are too much focused to only 1 point of what I've said.

I'm well aware of what ppl consider to be selfish and what isn't I just ask to be more open minded about it and see it from a different perspective.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    King Shagz
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    My god that was a hard read. The way some of you guys talk to each other is pretty sad but i get it. You's spent hundreds if not thousands of hours playing this game and you think people are beneath you and hate on them just because their ideas or comments are different. Play nice nerds.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Clown Conductor
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Not really just because their ideas or comments are different its the fact that fflogs straight up prove blm is in a bad position. Yet some people are saying "Show proof they are just probably bad at the class and can't maintain their up time" just comes across as ignorant. Quite frankly if you had actually played blm in end game you would realize even using swiftcast to get an extra fire iv while moving or to keep ur enochain going, their are many mechanics that you can't do anything. This is where the main problem occurs its stressful to maintain during certain mechs and our dmg doesn't make up for it considering we are suppose to be the selfish dps role. Hence why people were grilling yoshi p on blm during the 24 caster raid.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Miko Yaong
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernkastelx View Post
    people were grilling yoshi p on blm during the 24 caster raid
    I've seen this mentioned in a few places now without links to sources. I'm curious, what were the people saying and how did Yoshi respond?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akor Draconic
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    make blm great again https://youtu.be/uKDRsuABE-k?t=420
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rhia Nara
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I still think the issue lies partly in fight design as well. Not saying Blm is good as it is, it desperately needs buffs/adjustments, but I feel like fights in SB were designed without any thought to casters.
    The boss' rotations not only poorly align with our skill set, they seems to actively break our flow, bosses jumping every time Ley Lines come off cd, mechanics that force movement taking too long to somehow rescue enochian through it, forced movement favors melee who can hit while I on Blm can do nothing, Lb animation locking us in place too long so we will lose stacks and enochian no matter what,...

I recently ran A8S for the fun of it on lv70 and I found it shocking how much better my cds align with a fight, that wasn't designed with this rotation in mind, than with fights actually designed for it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lelila38; 01-15-2018 at 08:05 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ren Okamiya
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernkastelx View Post
    the fact that fflogs straight up prove.
    This is the main problem of all of the "plz gimme my big dick back" or " I don't fit in the meta plz change me" threads ever posted ^^

While I DO get what and why people are upset because they don't """find""" a place or anything in teams and raid, or find the mecanical aspect of a job a pain in the ass in some fights (yes I'm looking at you bloody dark hole under exdeath's cape) I want to ask you.

Did or didn't you clear savage content with your so called "no meta class" ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelila38 View Post
    I still think the issue lies partly in fight design as well. Not saying Blm is good as it is, it desperately needs buffs/adjustments, but I feel like fights in SB were designed without any thought to casters.
    The boss' rotations not only poorly align with our skill set, they seems to actively break our flow, bosses jumping every time Ley Lines come off cd, mechanics that force movement taking too long to somehow rescue enochian through it, forced movement favors melee who can hit while I on Blm can do nothing, Lb animation locking us in place too long so we will lose stacks and enochian no matter what,...

I recently ran A8S for the fun of it on lv70 and I found it shocking how much better my cds align with a fight, that wasn't designed with this rotation in mind, than with fights actually designed for it.
    Idd Fights plays an important roles in the overall class balance
    (0)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast