Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Kale Mcchaffee
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90

ARR/Heavensward Fishing RNG could use a nerf.

Unlike with the two other gathering classes, I'm still sitting here taking hours to gather certain fish with gear from two expansions later thanks to RNG, where as with the other two I'm mostly restricted on in-game time, which is manageable/fair.

I get that some of these are meant to be rare because they're tied to achievements and unique desynth components, but with the lack of active farming the prices on the components have skyrocketed and the RNG for achievements is just frustrating when you are significantly outgearing the content.

I'd like to see two possible changes for fishing in older zones. First, I'd like to see weather requirements removed or expanded to match certain fish available more often for catching. Second, I'd like to see the RNG on rare fish adjusted in these areas in general to be a bit more friendly. Thoughts?
    (22)

Player
    Character
    Xoria Tepes
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Make veteran trade useable with rods as well as spearfishing. There's a good chunk of RNG removed with that skill alone.
    (9)
    9.23.2019 [11:15 p.m.]Total Play Time: 1552 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes - You'll be hard-pressed to find a more cynical person than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odstarva View Post
    You people are never happy.
    [...] You complain and complain and complain.

Player
    Character
    Violet Flower
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 23
    No. Keep it as it is. As someone who spent dozens of hours to 100% complete the fishing log, I'm very proud of it and don't want that feeling taken away by nerfs. Big Fishing should remain the true end-game.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Nope. Fishing is literally the Moby Dick of FFXIV, and meant to have maddeningly ridiculous layers of RNG. You can turn in your rod anytime.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperZay View Post
    No. Keep it as it is. As someone who spent dozens of hours to 100% complete the fishing log, I'm very proud of it and don't want that feeling taken away by nerfs. Big Fishing should remain the true end-game.
    No amount of nerfs will ever take that way from you. However, it does take away the opportunity for players like myself to reach the same feat. Congratulations btw!
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Aster Enelysion
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    The rng involved is certainly obnoxious, and worse for older big fish where having around a thousand Gathering or however much Perception means squat. That fish can still get away so easily, and normal quality fish still happen, even with Patience.

I have a similar issue with some of the card drops in Triple Triad, including those older NPCs no one hangs around anymore. Like, dude... throwing us all a bone on the older content can be nice - nothing too extreme, but something to help newer players along.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Kale Mcchaffee
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemina View Post
    Nope. Fishing is literally the Moby Dick of FFXIV, and meant to have maddeningly ridiculous layers of RNG. You can turn in your rod anytime.
    I can agree with this on relevant content, but on older content it's just annoying when you want to be farming mats for old world crafting.

An alternative solution would be making fish desynth exclusive materials obtainable via other less annoying means.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Ferox Maximillian
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I'd agree with commonly used fish for crafting but I think legendary fish should stay as is.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vyncent Nolan
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I'm very proud of it and don't want that feeling taken away by nerfs.
    Being able to reach the caps easier, having a larger GP pool, having a faster GP regen rate, being able to use cordials while fishing and Mooch 2 are all nerfs to HW and ARR fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemina View Post
    No amount of nerfs will ever take that way from you. However, it does take away the opportunity for players like myself to reach the same feat. Congratulations btw!
    Fishing is not difficult. When people talk about the hardest fish, they mean the ones that require the most effort/time. If some fish required fast reflexes to hook them, then it could be said that they're difficult. As it stands, fishing boils down to getting as many chances as you can in a given window to increase your odds of hooking the target. If you don't get it, you simply have to try again. There are enough resources on the net that make it so you don't have to guess what the right conditions are and the correct weather pattern can be predicted real-world weeks or more in advance.

I don't really have an opinion on the matter, except for that hellspawn Opabania. Needed to be nerfed/fixed when it was current. It's been made easier with the nerfs mentioned above, but losing 350 GP in an instant because of rng with fish eyes is not fair at all and seems to be there just to cost you cordials and time.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Cakellene St
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    How would it affect your feeling about it? You know you did it when it was harder. Making something easier shouldn't take away from your achievement.
    (4)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast