Character
    Piper Hijinx
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60

Constant Disconnects

Hi

So I have returned to the game after a year (as I have 2 weeks off over Christmas) only to keep getting disconnected

error 90002
    error 31002

I am on Cerberus and its like every 30-60 minutes. It doesn't even happen in a certain area it seems completely random.

Sometimes I see a lobby error and get completely booted from the game.

I have checked and rechecked my internet connection and all seem to be OK. Please can you look into this? If it carries on I'll just go back to my other game.

I have looked for similar threads/posts and it seems there was a D-DOS attack awhile back but there was a resolution - well clearly not or you are under attack again!
    (0)
    Last edited by PiperHijinx; 01-01-2018 at 06:44 AM.

Good Morning PiperHijinx, Thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Can you elaborate on the kind of disconnect you are having?

Please provide:

- When the disconnects started occurring
    - Platform (PC, PS4, Mac)
    - Any error codes or messages you receive upon disconnect (if any)
    - Type of connection (wired or wireless)
    - Other programs running while the game is playing (if any)
    - Frequency at which disconnect occurs
    - Where you are booted to after disconnect (Desktop, Start Screen, Character Select)

Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XIV! Hope to see you online.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Piper Hijinx
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Hi Ariellendera

It started on my first day back on the 27th December 2017.
    I am on PC
    Error Code: 90002/90001 mainly but sometimes a number beginning with 3***
    I have tried both wireless and wired since it started (but had no success with either so went back to wired)
    I switched off every other program running on start up and even though I have dual monitor, if I want to look on the internet I now use my iPhone
    Frequency - Adventuring anything from 20 minutes to 2 hours, crafting every 3 hours or so
    Mainly it boots to the Start Screen, however a few times after I was disconnected to the Start Screen I then received another error (to quick to take a note of it) and was booted to the desktop
    I don't use any overlays
    I usually play DC Universe online (sometimes Rift and Guild Wars 2) with none of these issues

I have read through many of the threads featuring these 90001 and 90002 errors and the PC platform seems to be a common theme.

Many thanks
    PH

p.s Just been disconnected again 90001 and I was in the middle of crafting a Copper Ingot!

and again...90002
    (0)
    Last edited by PiperHijinx; 01-03-2018 at 05:31 AM. Reason: additional point

PiperHijinx Thank you for your reply,

I am going to provide you trouble shooting steps, that should help with your connection. Please try all the steps.

The issue you are describing is most associated with interference with the game data. Most of the time, it results from certain security/privacy changes on Internet Explorer. Other times it occurs when an application that is running in the background is causing interference, such as Anti-virus software, firewalls, media players, web browsers, etc.

Please make sure all background applications (including anti-virus programs such as Norton, Kaspersky, Windows Defender, etc.) have been disabled and/or closed to minimize game interference.

Ensure that the latest version of Internet Explorer is installed on your PC (even if you don't use Internet Explorer), please do not use Edge as that is a different internet platform. Once Internet Explorer is up-to-date, please open the IE browser, open the "Tools", go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
    Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    Under the "Privacy" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or to "Allow All Cookies"
    Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED.
    [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.
    Right-Click on the FFXIV launcher icon and select "Properties"
    Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and change the compatibility mode to "Windows 7"
    Hit "Apply", then "OK" to save the changes.
    Please RESTART your PC now.

Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXIV launcher icon once more and select "Run as Administrator"

If the suggestions provided above do not resolve the issue, then there is a communication error.
    Check the following Port Ranges on your router/modem to ensure that the following Port Ranges have been opened/forwarded/triggered:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040

*You may learn how to do this by visiting http://www.portforward.com/
    Find your specific router's brand and model number from the 'List of Routers' and you will be provided a step-by-step guide on how to access these port settings.
    Otherwise, your ISP may forward these ports for you.*

If you have properly configured your router, and you are still experiencing these issues, our next suggestion is to bypass the router, and connect your computer directly to your modem. Please ensure that you power down both the modem and the computer for at least five minutes before attempting to connect to FINAL FANTASY XIV.

If you continue to receive these same errors when you are connected directly to the modem, then the problem lies with your ISP. We would recommend contacting them and advising them that one or more of the ports previously provided to you are being blocked or filtered, and that you do need access on
    these ports.

Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XIV! Hope to be of assistance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Piper Hijinx
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Hi Ariellendera

Thank you for getting back to me, I have seen this response on other posts and I have to say I am somewhat concerned that you want me to disable my internet security and lower my security via Explorer (which I don't use by the way) and allow all cookies hmm no I don't think so. I'm afraid if this is what I have to do to get to play Final Fantasy then no I'm sorry but that's really not acceptable and I don't really think you should be asking your customer's to do such a thing.

Really disappointed.

PH

My Port Ranges are all fine too
    (0)

Hello PiperHijinx, Thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Have you tried contacting your ISP regarding this issue? They can usually come out and check your equipment. The trouble shooting steps are strongly suggested as well.

Hope to be of assistance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Piper Hijinx
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Hi

I called out my ISP provider (incurring a £50 charge) just to tell me my connection/equipment is fine!

I'm afraid this game is completely unplayable and above all that I have now paid £50 for no reason. I absolutely refuse to lower my internet security to play a game its just senseless. I am using the same computer/connection i used to level my character in Reborn & Heavensward with no change and never had the issues I am facing now, which your lackluster acknowledgement leaves me really frustrated. No need to copy/paste a robotic reply, I can see that you have no interest in resolving these issues for your players but I urge you to look at your servers before you lose any more people that have shown you nothing but loyalty.

Disillusioned and really sad with FF
    (0)

PiperHijinx,

I completely understand your frustration. We are aware of these issues and are monitoring them closely. I really apologize that you are unable to play! We are taking steps to resolve this issue. Thank you for your understanding.
    (0)

Hello everyone,

Due to no response from the original poster, this thread will be moved to 'Closed Concerns.' If anyone is still having this particular problem, please create a new thread and we will assist you in any way we can.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)