Player
    Character
    Farzin Vian
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 64

FFXIV - Going from PS4 to MacBook Pro

So I purchased FFXIV (ARR/HW/SB bundle). I log in the same way. But when I hit "start" at the main menu, it forces me to pick a date center, which I shouldn't have to do because I have played this game. Then at character selection, nothing comes up at I get an error message after 30 seconds saying "the lobby server connection has encountered an error."

Any help? I should be able to log in with my previously used character from the PS4, right?

EDIT: I am currently using the wifi at the airport. Could this be why? I didn't get a chance to try it at home before I left. Would I still have the same issues with airplane/hotel wifi? I'm still unsure why my account won't show up after logging in with my Sqaure account.
    (0)
    Last edited by farzin521; 12-30-2017 at 06:43 AM.

Hello farzin521, Thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Yes, you should be able to play on the character you played on PS4. You need to purchase the game for MAC and register the game to your Square-Enix account. When you log into the game everything should be there. We also suggest not playing on a shared network, this can cause problems.
    If you have any further questions, you will need to contact the support center directly.

To reach our live chat support please follow the steps below.

1. Visit the SQUARE ENIX Support Center at http://support.na.square-enix.com/
    2. Select FINAL FANTASY XIV as the game title.
    3. on the next screen click on "Contact".
    4. You will then need to select a category and sub category from the drop down menus.
    5. Next, type a basic description of your inquiry in the "Contact details" section and click "Next".
    6. on the following page click "Next" again. Ignoring any Knowledge Base Suggestions that may apply.
    7. Provided your contact is during SQUARE ENIX Support Center's hours of operation, you should see a Chat Support option. Click "proceed to chat support" to initiate contact with one of our Chat Support Representatives.

NOTE: Live service is available Monday through Friday, 9:00 - 18:00 (Pacific Time) (Excluding holidays)

Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XIV! Hope to see you online.
    (0)

Hello everyone,

This thread will be moved to the 'Separate Support Required’ subforum as contact with the Square Enix Support Center or Game Masters is necessary to resolve the issue.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)