Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70

Weapons and Soul Crystal

It appears that SE strongly is encouraging players to not even bother with classes after 30. With that being said can weapons no longer include the class as an option for weapons post 50? Just like with SCH/SMN books at 70 they automatically equip the job crystal but MNK/DRG/NIN etc weapons do not do this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    The problem is, that is probably not possible due to the requirement for the game's client to recognize legacy data from 1.0 (specifically, 1.0 characters who have not yet been transferred into ARR). 1.0 character data will therefore still list a class as a class by default, and because there is still plenty of 1.0 players who have not returned (and especially plenty who left 1.0 before the Job system was even implemented or as low level without unlocking Jobs), and because SE will not abandon the ability to allow 1.0 players to transfer their character data into ARR, hence that legacy of the original game will always remain I'm afraid.

Yes the Armoury System is moving to classless Jobs, but the original classes will always remain classes with a Job crystal attached, that will be something that they will not be able to move on from I'm sorry to say.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Which is why I specified weapons above level 50. A 1.0 player isn't going to be equipping a level 52 fist weapon. You really didn't read or try to understand my post. As everything you posted would still be allowed.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Roth Trailfinder
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    TC, one word : Retainers.

A second term might be GC Squadrons.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Roth_Trailfinder View Post
    TC, one word : Retainers.

A second term might be GC Squadrons.
    Retainers can be assigned a job crystal. Squadrons capped at level 50.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Baradaeg Ryssbhirwyn
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintersandman View Post
    Squadrons got a new cap of 60
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Roth Trailfinder
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintersandman View Post
    CAN. Not all are. Some prefer to keep their combat role retainers as base classes rather than jobs.

And as someone else said, squadrons cap at 60 now. And probably, some point in 5.0, 70.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Roth_Trailfinder View Post
    CAN. Not all are. Some prefer to keep their combat role retainers as base classes rather than jobs.
    There is no benefit to doing so other than pure laziness as some gear/glamour is already job exclusive and my research on squadrons is they don't equip the gear it is already for pure glamour.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Probably 1.0-issues, retainers, squadrons... all of those being some hinderance to this change that seems just completly pointless to me. Why does it matter if a lancer can equip the Shinryu EX weapon just as much as a Dragoon can? If its more effort for them to remove those options than it is to keep them there, why remove them?
    I just dont see a good reason to bother with this in the first place - other than maybe to force people to get and use their jobcrystal, but even that argument seems like uneeded handholding and babysitting.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidu View Post
    If its more effort for them to remove those options than it is to keep them there, why remove them? I just dont see a good reason to bother with this in the first place
    A. They already make weapons that are job only.
    B. The reason I am asking is I play on different systems and when setting up gear sets. Some weapons auto equip my soul crystal, some do not and it is a purely QoL adjustment.
    C. I can't see any logical reason why the base class is still there on gear that is post 50.

Issues brought forth so far

1.0 - Gear that is post 50 they can't equip anyways
    Retainers - They can get a soul crystal
    Squadron - It's for purely glamour which you won't be able to glamour some items anyways since they are job specific.

None of these are really justified to keep it in place.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast