Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Character
    Etsy Dreamcatcher
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    yes please, combo Journal and Main maps!
    (0)

Community Rep
    I’d like to give a brief update in regards to the status of the map marking feature.

We are currently working towards making it so this feature is something that can be utilized by all members within a party, and when the map is marked by a player, the marking will be displayed on each member’s map.

We are also looking into making this feature even more convenient by having the party leader’s marking be a different color than other members in order to make it easy to distinguish markings in the event members use it at the same time.
    (58)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Colino Nyea
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    I’d like to give a brief update in regards to the status of the map marking feature.

We are currently working towards making it so this feature is something that can be utilized by all members within a party, and when the map is marked by a player, the marking will be displayed on each member’s map.

We are also looking into making this feature even more convenient by having the party leader’s marking be a different color than other members in order to make it easy to distinguish markings in the event members use it at the same time.
    Very nice! Would be absolutely great for setting up before a dungeon/raid run. The more experienced members can mark the maps and make it easier to explain!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'ruh Tia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90

Love it. This is along the lines of what I was saying with the enemy/ally icons. Let everyone do it, but give the leader special ones.
    (0)
    I'll save you Yoshida!

/casts Raise

Player
    Character
    Destinova Drakar
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Could always make it a circle with the number of the party member in it and make the Party leaders a little bigger as well as the different color.

Like in 1.0 beta where there was confusion for the color blind so they couldnt tell what mobs was what. I would include the number as well.
    (0)
    Dont Forget 3 Oct 11 | Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Player
    Character
    Chief Currahee
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    I really like this idea for party organization, and raid strategies.

However, don't be alarmed when map penes start showing up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Colino Nyea
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefCurrahee View Post
    However, don't be alarmed when map penes start showing up.
    Alarmed? That's all I'll do all day.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Roranora Nonanora
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    awesome news, i requested this a while back so it is nice to see it being implemented, it will really help a leader lead people to areas and in raids!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sir Romikemi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    But what about the original request? Personal map markers that survive party disband and logoff/logon. From this update, this feature appears to be temporary during the life of a party or one player's leadership of that party and for clarifying party goals. What about gathering, or solo farming, so that we don't need to alt-tab to game support sites to remember where some location was that we haven't been to in weeks?

Begging your pardon, but it's a big map. Marking it as I learn in-game > Campsitarus + FFXI Cartography + 'pedia + ZAM + Pads + MB.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3