Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongeh1986 View Post
    I'm sure this idea isn't that original, but here goes.

I'd love to see this feature, or something to it's effect for at least 2.0.

Let us;

a) draw directly onto the map, either with a single thickness pen/pencil with rubber option, this could be stored locally as a bitmap file.

b) drop pins onto the map, of varying type, e.g. Mining pick, sword and shield, treasure chests, whatever, a large enough amount that we can mark things of note with some kind of related icon.

I personally have print screened versions of certain maps, with areas drawn on of note, e.g. Diremites here = good grind 30-33, and a few mining spots. It would be great for this to be a feature of the game.

Even a notebook/pad window , unique for each map would do, so I could jot down co-ordinates of various things with brief descriptions.

What does everyone think?

I'd like Option A, and like someone said above, being able to share it with others.
    (0)

Community Rep
    We know that map markers are very useful and many players would like to have them so we are planning on introducing map markers in version 2.0 after the maps and servers have been revamped.
    (52)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Mister Wonderful
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    We know that map markers are very useful and many players would like to have them so we are planning on introducing map markers in version 2.0 after the maps and servers have been revamped.
    Hooray!___
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Thankyou !!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Loki Jortunn
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Rukkirii could you pass along a suggestion so that when we make markers to let them be personal or LS so linkshell mates can point out things for other LS members. For instance in grid at the moment there is a west and east path to get to sorrel heaven the LS could put up a message that says take the west path as there is less agro while on the east there are morboro.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Here the other thing you guys should add. When doing quests you have to open up an individual map to see where you should be going. If you have 16 quests that like 16 or more spots which you have to go to.

In WoW for example if I pull 16 quests the locations of where I need to go will all show up on my main map. FFXIV should do the same thing. Having to look through 16 different quests and planning the best route to take to complete them all is a big hassle since none of the quest are shown on my main map. When I get to an area I find myself constantly checking every quest I have to make sure I didn't miss anything.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Zetsumei Tsunarashi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Here the other thing you guys should add. When doing quests you have to open up an individual map to see where you should be going. If you have 16 quests that like 16 or more spots which you have to go to.

In WoW for example if I pull 16 quests the locations of where I need to go will all show up on my main map. FFXIV should do the same thing. Having to look through 16 different quests and planning the best route to take to complete them all is a big hassle since none of the quest are shown on my main map. When I get to an area I find myself constantly checking every quest I have to make sure I didn't miss anything.
    Good idea, combine journal map data with the main map, so you don't have to open the journal to see quest locations.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Agree with combining journal map data with main map data, that would save a lot of time and hassle.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ria Ayo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post

Yes, please. Checking a map specifically for each quest sux.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arcadia Aurora
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I've wanted something like option B in the OP since launch, I sorely missed it from FFXI. It was such a handy feature that I had hoped FFXIV would expand upon. Looks like we may finally see that come to fruition!
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast