Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    When you step back and look at the big picture it makes sense. What many people a problem understanding that instances would take a lot more space. A type of valid solutions would have been to make it a form exclusive or additional content. While it may seem unfair to most SE does have a form of instances in inns, apartments, and FC rooms. Now most people really just want to be creative and have access to some of the perks, such as gardening and over all decorations. The only reason I even got an FC house was really for the benefits of FC options vs personal housing. IF people really want to decorate would it not make more sense to just go play the sims ? -.- Now I would say that long term legacy players should maybe get a free pass that have shown constant loyalty by playing since day one if it ever came to that or at the very least a discounted price.

Therefore pros and cons;

Instance housing; Pro: people would stop complaining Con: Server stability, possible DC loops specially while crafting or NPC interactions.

FC exclusive; Pro: Stability, stops market inflation. Con; Seems unfair, player base would drop. More bitching.

FEE based Optional content; Pro: gives an option and sense of urgency for more revenue. Con; people will see it as a company that all it cares about is money, not everyone can afford it, most likely will have maintenance fee.

Current options; Well balance in terms server stability, depending on servers value varies, people complain and lack the understanding to the concept of optional content. Based on thread numbers the housing is close to 25% ( though I'm pretty sure it's a wild estimate and the housing is a lot higher.) When you think about it even players with homes fail to log in daily so why spend resources on content that the company knows it may not be constant? From a business perspective what SE is doing makes sense. Now the option for housing is there, and experience can vary based on servers. You CAN purchase a home if you have enough funds, is available, or people are willing to sell. Hence as per even game stop / SE the keyword "Purchase" in terms of in game.
    (0)
    Last edited by ManuelBravo; 12-23-2017 at 01:26 AM. Reason: character limit

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    My husband joined a 2x player FC Moogled up house with an alt and next month, the players took the 5 mil out of the fc bank and bailed. He got a free house and fc to play with. It happens.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sin Catvrix
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ManuelBravo View Post
    IF people really want to decorate would it not make more sense to just go play the sims ? -.- .
    I love when i see this in comments lol well Deco not my thing but since u like it go find a game for it like i sims, same could be said for pvp you wanna pvp go to a game for pvp eso has 300 man fights wow has open world pvp , wait glamour your thing grab barbies and play dress up...

And saying Se dose any thing from a business stand point s laughable, how much did they spend on Ultimate?? and what % of the player base could do it when released...a lower % then who want houses thats for sure.. but lets makes a dungeon for the 1% crowd and in exchange take away 1 dungeon from every 70 player.. Not to mention lets hand out 4 housing items in the seasonal event yet only have 2,880 per servers for players n fcs to fight over
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zestu Angistu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    In my opinion there should be a word limit on housing: 1 house per word. I know many people that have alts and their alts also have houses. In extreme cases i know a person, that owns 8 large houses that way. He rarely visits all of them. My neighbour has a house greeting plate suggesting it's the 16th of 50 houses from a SINGLE FC. Just why one fc (with help of 6 people and their 44 alts) needs to have 50 houses???

Solution:
    1) make alts be automatically tenants to the main estate, that don't use the tenant slot
    if that is present, then:
    2) limit housing to single per word
    (existing players that has numerous houses can stay. No matter how you look at it, I am against of taking the houses from people)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    This would be less of an issue if people weren't able to hoard houses amongst their alts. Alas, last I checked if they were to ever implement such a restriction, some people wanted their multiple houses grandfathered in.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Cain Nottoris
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Honestly the only way to properly fix this is immediately implement a one house per account system. No grandfathering, no any way around it. Houses are auto-demolished instantly if you have more than one, you get to pick which you keep after that you lose every other one via auto-demo rules.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Alexandre Hanrieaux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    That doesn't fix anything immediately, maybe 100 houses MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE that many are relinquished. And then what, the rest of the 1000+ people on Balmung are still angry. Still angry with hundreds of millions of gil on their characters they can't really do much with.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Mia Redburn
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Why is it that I can log into six different F2P games...
    and from just having an account, I have my own home (instanced) and more customization options that what is offered in a Sub-Based game?

I do not seek to buy a home (outside of an Apartment) for the following reasons:

1) Buying a home forces me to nearly stay subbed forever.
    2) Few people buy up a lot of property and then set up webpages leading to VoiP rooms that try to RMT the plots to players.
    3) I walk around the wards and I find many of them to be empty with almost no activity on the outside, but im sure there are people inside...
    4) I feel owning a home makes me a target. I would have something others do not have and they will do all possible to find a way to take it away from me.

Other games welcome you into your own home and flash a cash shop in your face.
    FF XIV reminds you if you don't resub after a certain time, you will lose your house.

Eorzea really is the land of the homeless...
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sin Catvrix
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Acilith View Post
    That doesn't fix anything immediately, maybe 100 houses MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE that many are relinquished. And then what, the rest of the 1000+ people on Balmung are still angry. Still angry with hundreds of millions of gil on their characters they can't really do much with.
    Your numbers a little low since Blamug came in at what 20,000 people on the server, 2,880 houses total,Even if every house was owned by a charcater theres 17,000+ homeless ppl there now go count all the homes owned by fc's n the number jumps ..but your right those thinking taking away from multi owners will help are blind lol between 25 NA servers theres only 60k alts.. and id bet 95% of those are under 50 hell a good chunk probly under lvl 5 used to go to weddings
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne_Endeavor View Post
    This would be less of an issue if people weren't able to hoard houses amongst their alts. Alas, last I checked if they were to ever implement such a restriction, some people wanted their multiple houses grandfathered in.
    as much as people my beg for their houses to be grandfathered in, i don't think se will allow it. they seemed pretty disheartened by some of the house hoarding going on and it would just plain look bad to allow some few people to keep their houses that i don't think they were really intended to be allowed to have to begin with, but because the system was very flawed, they were able to get them.

i wish people would stop saying "BUT THE SERVERS" every time someone tries to suggest something for the game, though. ffxiv is probably the second most successful mmo on the market, there's no reason it can't do what games are barely struggling to stay alive can do. if it means an extended maintenance for them to remove whatever architecture is inhibiting them from making improvements then i'm all for it because it would lead to a better game in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Siniztor View Post
    Your numbers a little low since Blamug came in at what 20,000 people on the server, 2,880 houses total,Even if every house was owned by a charcater theres 17,000+ homeless ppl there now go count all the homes owned by fc's n the number jumps ..but your right those thinking taking away from multi owners will help are blind lol between 25 NA servers theres only 60k alts.. and id bet 95% of those are under 50 hell a good chunk probly under lvl 5 used to go to weddings
    there is one pair of people on mateus that own 30 houses between them. they had 28, defended themselves by saying they were there first, then bought the last 2 in the ward long after mateus became an active server, which is honestly just sheer greed at this point. there are people that own even more of them. if they were limited to 1 house, that's 28 more people that can enjoy one (presumably more, if an fc buys some of them). taking away houses from multi-owners won't give everyone a house, it won't solve all the problems housing has, but it will definitely help.
    (5)
    Last edited by Elamys; 01-08-2018 at 11:21 AM.

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast