Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Zera Vyre
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Well, since Flare is the same potency as Fire IV and then Freeze would be able to cast immediately after, it might be an increase since the Blizzard III is half potency in Astral (presumably you'd transpose THEN cast the Freeze). We'd have to math it.

Besides, it would be solved by giving only one heart, since you could still Flare twice with only one but it would make more sense to get all 3 from Blizzard IV single target. Could also be one heart per mob hit (up to 3), which would make it even MORE incentivized to use for AOE.
    (0)

2. 12-20-2017 02:11 AM

Player
    Character
    Kevay Schoneke
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I think this idea is very great and helps finally bring Freeze to the table, but then it becomes a case of Fire II becoming even more useless than before, with only one heart, you will never waste it on a Fire II, and Fire II was only a decent spell when the pull is pretty big.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zera Vyre
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I mean there's already no place for Fire II in the rotation after level 68 already, unless you get really unlucky Thundercloud procs and transpose timing. I'm pretty sure this is on purpose, but for all lower level stuff it's still useful.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Llugen View Post
    Well, since Flare is the same potency as Fire IV and then Freeze would be able to cast immediately after, it might be an increase since the Blizzard III is half potency in Astral (presumably you'd transpose THEN cast the Freeze). We'd have to math it.

Besides, it would be solved by giving only one heart, since you could still Flare twice with only one but it would make more sense to get all 3 from Blizzard IV single target. Could also be one heart per mob hit (up to 3), which would make it even MORE incentivized to use for AOE.
    Yes but we would need swiftcast with that, besides could be a skillcap thing giving depth to the rotation I wouldn't really kill it outright

besides could help us in cleave dmg so I don't really see it beign broken
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zera Vyre
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I mean, sure, sign me up, I'm just trying to look at how to balance it in a compelling way for the devs.

Also please bring your friends to like the OP!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Yay I got a shout out... XD
    (0)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Player
    Character
    Zera Vyre
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Gonna give this thread a quick love-tap of a bump but also to say relevantly that AoE damage, while not necessarily the most pressing concern of BLM right now, is still really important to fix. ESPECIALLY with respect to Blizzard IV, which has always felt broken inside AOE situations.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2