Player
    Character
    Lele Inoch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticCody View Post
    I really wish that players who already have a large house on one character wouldn't feel the need to own ANOTHER large house, taking away from a FC in need or someone who doesn't get to own a house at all. But no people have to be greedy and have 3 or 4 characters, each with their own mansion.
    it's not greedy, its how its designed. If they make the gil then i dont see the problem. They has as much right to get one as you.
    A FC is not obligated to have a large or a medium.

I own a large (FC) and 2 mediums. There is a simple reason behind it in my case, gardening plots and i need to do something with my 100s of million of gil i have from crafting
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Rinuko View Post
    it's not greedy, its how its designed...

I own a large (FC) and 2 mediums. There is a simple reason behind it in my case, gardening plots and i need to do something with my 100s of million of gil i have from crafting
    It's not greedy but the last statement is contradictory. Your millions of gil could be used to buy stuff from other people's plots. there's nothing from gardening that can't be bought that i know of.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Merida Quigg
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by SendohJin View Post
    It's not greedy but the last statement is contradictory. Your millions of gil could be used to buy stuff from other people's plots. there's nothing from gardening that can't be bought that i know of.
    You misread what he said, he is spending money on his houses. Most likely decorating etc. That’s where most of my money goes oh and decorating.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Merida Quigg
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittypryde View Post
    I wish players wouldn't bash others for having more than one house. This guy could been given a second house, or he busted his ass for it. Get one yourself, instead of being salty and hating on others. I camped out housing zones, during auto demolish for ten weeks, every day 6-10hrs a day to get my mist med. Then I bought 12 smalls for FC friends who didn't have a house. Then when I found a cottage I wanted, I bought it for my alt, who I play as much as my main. Am I greedy?
    I would have liked your post twice if I could. ❤️
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Xavier Savior
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittypryde View Post
    I wish players wouldn't bash others for having more than one house. This guy could been given a second house, or he busted his ass for it. Get one yourself, instead of being salty and hating on others. I camped out housing zones, during auto demolish for ten weeks, every day 6-10hrs a day to get my mist med. Then I bought 12 smalls for FC friends who didn't have a house. Then when I found a cottage I wanted, I bought it for my alt, who I play as much as my main. Am I greedy?
    if you had 12 small house, maybe GM will take you in bad place I guess so? because it's NOT fair for this ^ GM can read every houses for make sure if who have a lot house with Main/Alts, GM will come to him/her for a lot house so pig
    (2)
    Last edited by ArchangelSavior; 12-16-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Player
    Character
    Merida Quigg
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelSavior View Post
    if you had 12 small house, maybe GM will take you in bad place I guess so? because it's NOT fair for this ^ GM can read every houses for make sure if who have a lot house with Main/Alts, GM will come to him/her for a lot house so pig
    I will help clear this up again. Kitty did not say they had 12 houses, they gave money to friends or FC mates so they could buy a house. They only own two houses, one on their main and one on their alt. Take a deep breath and reread what they wrote and you will understand.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Serendair Zoeva
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by MeridaQ View Post
    I will help clear this up again. Kitty did not say they had 12 houses, they gave money to friends or FC mates so they could buy a house. They only own two houses, one on their main and one on their alt. Take a deep breath and reread what they wrote and you will understand.
    Even if Kittypryde owned all of the twelve houses her/himself, what would it matter? Honestly I would still find it really nice if someone who has A LOT of money decided to buy up houses when they pop up to give tenancy to their friends who do NOT have a lot of money and can't buy a house. That way the person (for example Kittypryde if that's the case) has a use for their money plus gives their friends the chance to do gardening or decorating or just happily live in a home somewhat of their own. If you ask me, if house "hoarding" is for a good cause like this, I don't mind people doing it at all.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Cross posted from another thread:

I do have a bit of a question about the housing. So they decided to put it out over a time period. So why would they do that if they have different buying options too? I mean if they would do the lottery thing, they would not need that time period anyway since people would get the houses randomly..my fear is that the buying options will be only the "one fc and one private house" rule and nothing else. Otherwise why would you need both? And imo this selling over a time period will not change anything. People that can only log in on a certain time will be the losers again..either someone has only time at the beginning and since there will be less houses they will probably lose out too. And those that will log on later will have problems too because people that have the time will just stay logged in and on top of that waiting in the zones already and thus those that can only come online at that time will barely stand a chance at all...on top of that I am not even sure if this will not make the server unstable. You will have countless of people waiting in certain spots which may not be good for the server. So at least the change with the time period will not make the situation much different..

And at the same time I do question what buying option would make sense with the time period..A lottery does not make sense since RNG decides who get its so you dont need the period. An auction house would only make sense if you only can bid on it when it goes live so you would annihilate some people if they are not online..but that would just give house sellers and wealthy people an advance. So that would be even an worse option imo. So the only thing that makes sense to me is the new rule of only one fc/personal house per account/server...and they dont want to say it beforehand so that people can sell their houses before the new patch drops..but still..that would fix nothing..yes the rule is necessary but it should not be the only change..yet nothing else makes sense with the timer..only if they decide to use two systems that dont really work good with each other..honestly right now I see no reason to believe that 4.2 will run much different at all..just that the anger and rage will be stretched over a time span..
    (0)
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Player
    Character
    Mithia Wryght
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    I highly doubt players will have to get rid of their houses on patch day, even if they have multiple houses how do you decide which one they get to keep and which one they have to abandon, they may not even be able to log in on patch day to decide that for themselves.

So really, the rules of housing wont change, its indicated there will be a new way to obtain plots and new wards to be released in every housing area.

Those 2 are facts, everything else is speculation and wishful thinking of those who do not have a house.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I can only speak for myself BUT, if I could not get a house and it was one of my "things" to have one, I wouldn't play. Why do people play if they are not receiving all the benefits they want to work toward? The only way to force SE to improve housing significantly is to cancel subs. Housing is an enjoyment for me and I deem it a necessary evil.
    (1)

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast