Character
    Bloody Vixen
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleo View Post
    Cross posted from another thread:
    The only thing the "over time release of houses" will semi solve is the what 5%-10% that only logged in right away to get a house. From what i can tell there trying to fix the loggin issuse.. I don't for see multi house owners losing there plots..They need to add a whole new system allowing your other chars to be "owners" with 100% rights not just roommates.

Im still gonna stick with the tight lip on the new buying system has something to do with Achievement points,Since they added the new Currency there.. your gonna have to spend them on some type of land contract to be able to buy a peice of land...and they didnt want people Achievement grinding. /shrug
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Bloody Vixen
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticCody View Post
    I really wish that players who already have a large house on one character wouldn't feel the need to own ANOTHER large house, taking away from a FC in need or someone who doesn't get to own a house at all. But no people have to be greedy and have 3 or 4 characters, each with their own mansion.
    You wanna get mad at someone get mad at SE.. multi house owners have broke no rules and are not greedy, craft make gil, camp athers watching for houses to open and you to could own some its not hard lol im up to 6 houses last 2 weeks or so that ive seen forsale on athers.. (before the lash out NO i didnt buy them lol)

Id rather have 1 neighbor with 4 houses who uses them all. then 1 neighbor who never uses there house..
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Malfoy Fleurentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Awha View Post
    It may not be fair, but if it is far from greedy. Though it honestly does not seem like they are going to be limiting players in anyway, or if they are they are going to be grandfathered in. Since I highly doubt they will mentioned while the server is down that people will be losing plots if they already own 1 personal and one FC plot on the server.
    I don't think there's any other way they can solve this without grandfathering those players in, unless they want to run the risk of a section of the player base getting mad at them all at once. What would really make me happy is that they fix the system so that it's no longer possible for players to keep coming in and purchasing multiple houses per account. The ones who already have will eventually end up taking breaks or moving on to other games and those houses will come available and those players locked out from building their little empires back up again. That's all anyone can ask, really.

But it's all speculation at this point anyway.
    (6)
    Last edited by Sakuraluna; 12-17-2017 at 05:49 AM.

___Malfoy __/thefleurentine.tumblr.com
    Frosty <ICE>
    ~ . S A R G A T A N A S . ~

Player
    Character
    Bloody Vixen
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraluna View Post
    I don't think there's any other way they can solve this without grandfathering those players in, unless they want to run the risk of a section of the player base getting mad at them all at once. What would really make me happy is that they fix the system so that it's no longer possible for players to keep coming in and purchasing multiple houses per account. The ones who already have will eventually end up taking breaks or moving on to other games and those houses will come available and those players locked out from building their little empires back up again. That's all anyone can ask, really.

But it's all speculation at this point anyway.
    There is only one way to solve this..when the number of houses is higher then the number of characters and fcs then it will be solved.. 72,000 houses for 360,000 characters and god only knows how many fcs on NA dose not work no matter what u do period. lol
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Josh Davis
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I gave up one of my houses to a friend of mine just in case they make it one house per account, was planning on giving it to him anyways since he's helped me out so much throughout the game. So tHat leaves me with my large and thats all I will need aside from my apartment in Shirogane
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Malfoy Fleurentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Siniztor View Post
    There is only one way to solve this..when the number of houses is higher then the number of characters and fcs then it will be solved.. 72,000 houses for 360,000 characters and god only knows how many fcs on NA dose not work no matter what u do period. lol
    I think you and I are talking about two different problems though. I'm not disagreeing with you that giving everyone a house would solve the problem of players not having access to housing. But my post was in regards to the problem of players having potential access to multiple houses on the same account, not to being locked out of it altogether.
    (1)

___Malfoy __/thefleurentine.tumblr.com
    Frosty <ICE>
    ~ . S A R G A T A N A S . ~

Player
    Character
    Bloody Vixen
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    I think you and I are talking about two different problems though. I'm not disagreeing with you that giving everyone a house would solve the problem of players not having access to housing. But my post was in regards to the problem of players having potential access to multiple houses on the same account, not to being locked out of it altogether.
    yea my goal is enough houses for every character that wants one.. I know some want the basic housing rule changed but wonder if we had more houses then characters and fcs if people would still want that rule changed /shrug
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tin Can
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Snip . . .
    True, but I can say this if they do not put in a limit, thanks to the road to 60 buff I have alts and one man FCs ready to buy multiple plots. Since I started fairly late I mostly own smalls, looking to upgrade to mediums and maybe try to snag a large or two. I do agree grandfathering people in is only fair, but I simply do not understand why not come out and say they are putting a limit then grandfathering in players that currently have multiple plots. Since that information does not really allow players to prepare. That is why I personally feel they are not going to change the rules.

This whole thing about them trying to hold the details close to their chest simply gives me the vibe that nothing really will change because for the life of me I cannot figure out how telling the player base they are going to limit the amount of plots people can own on a single serve allows for anyone to prepare. Now withholding info regarding people with multiple plots being grandfathered in I could see why they would refrain from disclosing that info.
    (1)
    Last edited by Awha; 12-17-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithia View Post
    I highly doubt players will have to get rid of their houses on patch day, even if they have multiple houses how do you decide which one they get to keep and which one they have to abandon, they may not even be able to log in on patch day to decide that for themselves.
    I was not even saying that people should get rid of it which patch release (if you even mean my post). Just that with the new patch they would enforce the rule that anyone that already owns one personal and one fc house per server cant just buy more with alts. That would be fair imo because people can still keep their houses but with that patch forward they cant just get more on the same server.

Anyway I still dont understand what the new way to obtain a house will be if we only get the houses over a period of time anyway..because a lottery system would have taken care of this without the need for the time span (and no I dont like the lottery)
    (1)
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Player
    Character
    Domitien Valeroyant
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    A lottery on all relinquished plots would DEFINITELY obliterate the flipper issue though.
    (1)

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast