Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Trpimir Ratyasch
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I expected 4.2 to focus on Doma, since 4.1 was nothing but Ala Mhigo. We have two fronts to deal with, and I completely anticipated ping-ponging between the two regions during the reconstruction process. Curious as to who the major players are going to be, since except Tataru the Scions probably can't be too involved given the boat trip. I'm also expecting Gosetsu and [Yo]Tsuyu to make their reappearance here. (What is the actual patch name, by the way?)

Glad to see Azys Lla get more attention; I thought it was the most under-utilized piece of content from Heavensward. I'd have preferred some new piece of the area be explored, such as the Habisphere, but I'll take what I can get. Also nice to see Hells' Lid get explored, though I'm curious as to how it'll distinguish itself from Sohm Al (Hard).

As others have said, basing the new trial series on the Four Symbols from Chinese mythology means that in addition to the White Tiger, we're very likely to get a Blue Dragon, Black Turtle, and Vermilion Bird from 4.3 - 4.5. (The names for these bosses will likely be Byakko, Seiryu, Genbu, and Suzaku, unless they go with the original Chinese names that I don't know and probably couldn't remember the spelling of anyway.)

Eureka is FINALLY here! At last, something for casul players like myself to do besides grind tomestones and run Rabanastre once a week! (I'm maxed on Kojin rep, have capped tomestones in both values, and just need like 2 more Rabanastre clears to max out my gear without raiding.)
    (0)
    Trpimir Ratyasch's Way Status (6.55 - End)
    [ ]LOST [ ]NOT LOST [X] PvPING FOR SWAG
    "There is no hope in stubbornly clinging to the past. It is our duty to face the future and march onward, not retreat inward." -Sovetsky Soyuz, Azur Lane: Snowrealm Peregrination

Player
    Character
    Kharagal Mierqid
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Eureka is not here for sure. They've said the same thing about it appearing in 4.25 as they said about it appearing in 4.15 (it is aiming for release in 4.25). Only we now have concept art and a tad more information about it. And currently... I've yet to see how it's any different then the Diadem with a PotD stat growth mechanic slapped on top of it. We still havn't seen any gameplay of it. So I'm not holding my breath. SE has said that they're going to be showing more information about it at Live Letter 41, but until then... nope... not expecting anything. As it is, I am disappointed that we won't be able to progress a Relic weapon/armor in the normal game itself (no more leveling other classes while tombestone grinding for relics), so it might turn out to be more trouble then it's worth anyway.

Long story short, SE has been heavily favoring the raiding community so far and I don't see that stopping.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kharagan Dotharl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    From the name alone, I am hoping to see more of the Steppes. Maybe find a Moon for our Sunbro... Valentines Day is Mid February, after all.
    (3)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilia View Post
    (What is the actual patch name, by the way?)
    'Rise of a New Sun'.

Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianFire View Post
    -snip-
    I think this time around Eureka is actually ready to go live, it's just 'delayed' so that content can be staggered. Something always seems to be held back for a month these days when a new patch arrives. It happened with Rival Wings.
    (1)
    Last edited by Theodric; 12-17-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Player
    Character
    Estherna Misuna
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    The thing were I'm a little bit curious is that 4.1 didn't really opened a new story. If we compare with 3.1, where the Warriors of Darkness were revealed and where there was the turmoils linked with the statute of Ishgard, in 4.1 we have the opening for the Anantas which seems to be pretty much closed by the end, the fact that Ala Migho is going to be rebuild thanks to the help of Ul'dah (is that me, or in this game, Ul'dah is the most important city everytime ? It was the same for Heavensward after all. Everything seems always okay in Limsa Lominsa and Gridania...), and that Raubahn is coming back home. Except from that, we have Gosetsu and Yotsuyu coming back in Doma, which we knew from the end of the 4.0 and the little talk in Garlemald.

So I get it that they don't reveal the plotline for the next expac before the .4 or .5, but at least there is an introduction of sort of what is going to happen in the transition. We had rebuilding of Ala Migho, now we will have rebuilding of Doma, with probably a story regarding Yotsuyu and her somewhat redemption, but after that? Don't get me wrong, I really like the story of FF14, but I kinda feel that 4.1 was lacking of an compeling start...

Also I would really like to see more of our friendly neighbours Ascians at some point. They are after all our worst ennemies no?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Edwin Li
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Eureka
    Considering they said Eureka will be the place where we "grow" and obtain our 4.0 Relic stuff, I expect it to provide something decent at least.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Trpimir Ratyasch
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Eureka is not here for sure. [...]

Long story short, SE has been heavily favoring the raiding community so far and I don't see that stopping.
    As of 4.15, I can't disagree. On top of the usual extra boss phase for high-end raiding (Neo Exdeath), both Shinryu EX and Unending Coil aren't exactly casual content. Like I said, I really don't have a lot to do right now except for running Rabanastre once a week for an upgrade item. When Eureka is released, if it's just Diadem with some extra bonuses added on, it still won't be the sort of thing that's up my alley (or even doable right now) since I'm for most intents and purposes a solo player.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    'Rise of a New Sun'.
    Thank you! That makes me think the Steppe might be involved as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Estherna View Post
    The thing were I'm a little bit curious is that 4.1 didn't really opened a new story. If we compare with 3.1, where the Warriors of Darkness were revealed and where there was the turmoils linked with the statute of Ishgard, in 4.1 we have the opening for the Anantas which seems to be pretty much closed by the end, the fact that Ala Migho is going to be rebuild thanks to the help of Ul'dah (is that me, or in this game, Ul'dah is the most important city everytime ? It was the same for Heavensward after all. Everything seems always okay in Limsa Lominsa and Gridania...), and that Raubahn is coming back home. Except from that, we have Gosetsu and Yotsuyu coming back in Doma, which we knew from the end of the 4.0 and the little talk in Garlemald.

So I get it that they don't reveal the plotline for the next expac before the .4 or .5, but at least there is an introduction of sort of what is going to happen in the transition. We had rebuilding of Ala Migho, now we will have rebuilding of Doma, with probably a story regarding Yotsuyu and her somewhat redemption, but after that? Don't get me wrong, I really like the story of FF14, but I kinda feel that 4.1 was lacking of an compeling start...

Also I would really like to see more of our friendly neighbours Ascians at some point. They are after all our worst ennemies no?
    Ul'dah gets a lot of focus because it is the most dynamic (re: prone to conflict) of the city-states. Gridania is stuck under the rule of the Elementals and Limsa has Merlwyb as a strong-willed leader who isn't lacking in the political power department. Ul'dah has a lot of players and power spread around, making it very easy to have a power struggle come up. On top of that, Ul'dah is the wealthiest city-state, meaning the majority of funding for any major project is likely to come from there. As the main recipient of Ala Mhigan refugees, it is also tied more closely to Ala Mhigo than the other city-states. (I agree the attention Ul'dah gets is somewhat excessive, but see above.)

I believe that the main arc starting in 4.1 was intended to be Fordola moving toward the path of atonement. The 4.x series, as anyone could have guessed from 3.5 onward, was always going to be about rebuilding Doma and Ala Mhigo. (Did anyone actually think we'd fail to liberate them?)

The Ascians are our main obstacle, but they are mostly background instigators, not actors on the stage. Us having to fight and kill Lahabrea, Nabriales, and Igeyorhm directly and in such a short timeframe (approx. 3 months by my estimation) is highly unusual given how ancient they are, and considering the conflicts led to their deaths this will have undoubtedly pushed the remaining Ascians to playing a more conservative game.
    (5)
    Trpimir Ratyasch's Way Status (6.55 - End)
    [ ]LOST [ ]NOT LOST [X] PvPING FOR SWAG
    "There is no hope in stubbornly clinging to the past. It is our duty to face the future and march onward, not retreat inward." -Sovetsky Soyuz, Azur Lane: Snowrealm Peregrination

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I'm hoping that the Hell's Lid storyline will involve Tansui in the same way that Skalla involved Arenvald and Alphinaud. The Ruby Sea is largely controlled by The Confederacy so it would make sense for them to show up if a threat is identified in the area. Catching up with memorable characters and going on an adventure with them is something I want to see more of moving forward. That I may have a crush on Tansui is completely unrelated. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also want to see more of Magnai - and the Xaela in general - to see how they're faring. Extra points will be dished out if we see a few members of some of the tribes that did not get screen-time the first time around.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Yotsuyu's involvement in the story moving forward. I'd prefer her to be faking amnesia in a last ditch effort to try and get close to Hien. I'd prefer her to not succeed (admittedly since I'm rather biased and like Hien quite a bit) but I simply don't want her to become a shy, submissive 'waifu' for Gosetsu. There's history between them, since the implication in previous exchanges between them is that they both served Garlemald's interests in the past. Though I'll be rather annoyed if it turns out that both Fordola and Yotsuyu are getting a redemption storyline that also allows them to live afterwards when the likes of Gaius, the Warrior of Darkness and Regula did not. Especially in regards to Regula, I want to see Emperor Varis' reaction to his best friend's death.

Relevant Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Spoilers:

Some of the major antagonists in the game are shown to be fiercely protective of each other and show genuine concern when the protagonists threaten their companions. That is what I want to see more of within FF14. It's a lot more interesting than having the antagonists cackle and treat their underlings and comrades as pawns.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Pa Lin'guine
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    Just curious, is there a transcript repository listed somewhere? I rather not scavenge 16 hours worth of cutscenes. I'm thinking it's something related to the Steppe other than Hien's coronation, there was a little bit question hanging at the end of steppe line.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    P'liko Cuga
    World
    Sophia
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by uvuvwevwevweonyetenyevweugwemu View Post
    Just curious, is there a transcript repository listed somewhere? I rather not scavenge 16 hours worth of cutscenes. I'm thinking it's something related to the Steppe other than Hien's coronation, there was a little bit question hanging at the end of steppe line.
    I haven't actually looked through it personally, but this (EDIT: Stormblood-specific) MSQ text transcript was linked to Reddit a while back (and very recently updated for 4.1). It might be useful.
    (1)
    Last edited by YianKutku; 12-17-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast