Player
    Character
    Minako Nightsong
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldora View Post
    Basically in a little over 2 hours of playtime (including the queue times), i've managed to collect 9.140.170 experience points by running the Alliance Roulette, Leveling roulette, Bardam's Mettle as well working on the Beastmen Daily Quests.
    I do not have this Alliance Roulette and now I want it! I also did not know Kojin gave so much experience, I'll have to start including those. Thanks for the tip.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    C'rysta Zeith
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Minako_Nightsong View Post
    I do not have this Alliance Roulette and now I want it! I also did not know Kojin gave so much experience, I'll have to start including those. Thanks for the tip.
    I do have to add that i'm maxed out on the Reputation for the Blue Kojin, so if you are just starting with the Daily quests, the experience points you get from it will be a bit lower. From the top of my head, the lowest amount of experience points i got from the Blue Kojin Daily Quests was just over 215.000 experience points per quest (which is still pretty good, considering that you can complete those 3 quests in roughly 10 to 15 minutes and get 645.000 or more experience points from it).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Avatre Drakone
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Minako_Nightsong View Post
    I also did not know Kojin gave so much experience, I'll have to start including those. Thanks for the tip.
    To add a bit more perspective to what Aldora said above me, at level 60, with the Kojin maxed, you can get 246,915exp per quest
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kaylee Frye
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Once my SMN and my WHM hit 70, I've been leveling my jobs with lvling roulette, beast tribe quests and fates. It's not super fast but it goes along nicely. I rarely bother with potd. It's just a fun thing I do on the side. Same with pvp (which gives nice exp also). It's meant to be easy enough to solo so I really don't think it should have super high exp added. There are other ways to lvl.
    Also, OP, as a tank you can just do dungeon after dungeon with insta-pop queues and get from 62 to 70 by tomorrow, if you want to put a little effort in.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zarabeth; 12-14-2017 at 12:43 PM. Reason: I kant speil gud

Player
    Character
    Squires Ailith
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    The nice thing here is options. Back in 2.0 your leveling options were fate zerging or fate zerging. Now I got multiple things I can do depending on what I feel like doing. I tend to go for the least boring option rather than the most optimal.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kanlin Shigu
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Another tip, particularly for anyone waiting in queue: do the daily Hunt bills.

In Stormblood, you get a minimum of ~110k XP per bounty. At level 65-66, you should be able to complete all of them (save the occassional single one in Lochs). At level 69, completing all three daily bills nets you about 2 million worth of XP.

(Similarly, you can do the Heavensward bills between 51-60. Plus the Centurio seals and 17,5k gil - if you do them all - are always handy).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Derio Uzumaki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Alliance roulette gives the best xp. Especially for dps because its a relatively fast queue.

But other than that if you are a tank or healer, daily leveling roulette along with alliance roulette is a good way to get easy xp.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karma Dunkelsonn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    My inner completionist demands I get all my "unused" DoW/M classes from ~30 to 40 for no real reason other than it looking nicer (and being the next step in getting them all to 50 eventually where more options open up) and freeing up some retainer space.
    I'm looking at mostly DPS, the one healer I can't quite wrap my head around (AST) and two tanks I refuse to play in dungeons.

I suppose I'll get AST done through dungeons so that leaves DPS with 15-30 minutes queues and the tanks where I'll skip dungeons alltogether, I'm done being hurried along by DF DPS when I already feel insecure about setting the pace.
    So, to get to the point, what's the fastest way to get those from 30 to 40, squads?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Avatre Drakone
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarabeth View Post
    I rarely bother with potd. It's just a fun thing I do on the side. Same with pvp (which gives nice exp also).
    I'm the same with regards to PotD. I only run it every now and then when friends want to do something mind numbingly easy. Or when we all decide we want to try for floor 200(which none of us have done yet, and none of us have agreed on a time to go for it).

PVP is fun every now and then, I mostly do it for the mounts/minions you can get from it(still a ways off from most of them sadly).
    (0)

Character
    Riyah Arpeggio
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    The problem though is that, well, things like hunts and alliance really suck if you've been playing a bit. Neither have changed much from the start of HW. Alliance roulette is stupid because the rewards are useless and you've done them over and over for the whole two years of the HW expansion. None of the raid gear is dyable yet, so its limited for glamor, and you're still bidding against the entire alliance for crafted stuff, minions, and cards. Single hunts are BORING-the mobs repeat far too much with no variation, and most of your time is spent in transit between them. Kojin is still the same old beast tribe stuff, just double the exp and overall easier.

I'm waiting for the new POTD to level the 4 remain classes i need to, just because the leveling path is so tedious now. They needed to make new things, when all they did is just make the same old same old a little more lucrative.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2