Redde Wing
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80

Ixion's fate time. For help

I'm slow starting try catch Ixion.

Friend gave me page http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/HuntTracker/

But, Short chat.... person said Ixion can spawn 5-6h (green text from ariyala page)
    Is it? I know Ixion is crap random spawn time.

If players killed Ixion , wait next 24h (red text)?

Still want get mount so bad.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    I would recommend asking around your world or even on the forums here if anyone has or is part of a hunt Linkshell that you can be invited to, as many of these tend to cover special FATEs as well like Ixion, Behemoth, Foxy Lady etc. Just an idea anyway.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Redde Wing
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurando View Post
    I would recommend asking around your world or even on the forums here if anyone has or is part of a hunt Linkshell that you can be invited to, as many of these tend to cover special FATEs as well like Ixion, Behemoth, Foxy Lady etc. Just an idea anyway.
    You talk me.... When I posted Diabolos's forum for Linkshell. But, nobody tell me....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tanooki Suit
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Try in the game.

Go to a main area with a big aetheryte crystal (like Limsa Lominsa) or Rhalgr's Reach or Kugane.

In your chat, use /h to Shout to everyone.

Ask to be invited to a hunting linkshell. I hope this helps.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    ixion has a 36 hour cooldown window. then it is another 36 hours wherein it can spawn at any time until force spawn at the 36 hour mark. this gets reset during maintenance.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Twili Sidhe
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    ixion has a 36 hour cooldown window. then it is another 36 hours wherein it can spawn at any time until force spawn at the 36 hour mark. this gets reset during maintenance.
    This is where I'm confused...

I've been looking at http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/HuntTracker/
    A couple days ago I watched this site and the zone behind my browser window for 30+ hours. That tracking site got up to 70-ish hours when it spawned. We fought it, it died, I reported it dead on the site.

I noticed after it dead it was red text counting down from 36. Now that the 36 hours is up, it's green counting up. Seeing as it was green when I killed it and it was at 70-ish hours, I'm confused.... does that mean it spawns up to 72 hours after the cooldown, or did someone just not log the death so the timer went above 36.

Is it:
    A: After the cooldown it can spawn between 0 and 72 hours?
    or
    B: After the cooldown it spawns between 0 and 36 hours and the site just didn't get a death logged
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryphen Darconel
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    When the text is red counting down, it means Ixion can't spawn at all. Once that counter hits zero, it changes to green and starts counting up. During this time, Ixion will spawn when it feels like it. If it hasn't spawned yet and the counter makes it all the way up to 36, Ixion will be forced to spawn. If you add the two periods of time together, you have a minimum of 36 hours and a max of 72 hours between spawns.

So basically, if the time of death is accurate, don't waste your time waiting in the zone when the counter is in the red phase.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mangetsu Bloodrage
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryphen View Post
    When the text is red counting down, it means Ixion can't spawn at all. Once that counter hits zero, it changes to green and starts counting up. During this time, Ixion will spawn when it feels like it. If it hasn't spawned yet and the counter makes it all the way up to 36, Ixion will be forced to spawn.
    Actually, the green counter can go up to 72 hours, which, I assume, is when the FATE will force spawn. On my server, last time I killed him he spawned 67,5 hours into the green timer. Had my character parked in the Lochs for 30 hours, I don't recommend this approach unless you want to lose your sanity. A reliable hunting Linkshell is the way to go, definitely
    (0)
    "With the roar of engines and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth."

Player
    Character
    Sena Rabntah
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Yup, I can confirm with Shishiro. it can take upwards to 72 hours.I am on Famfrit and was a part of the last Ixion fight. I was the one to mark it down on Ariyala's. and as stated previously it was red for 36 hours. during that period it WILL NOT spawn. afterwards when it went "Open" and numbers turned green I've been diligent constantly hanging around the Lochs. it's been open for 68 hours and 35 minutes. Which I assume means it will force spawn soon.
    (0)