Player
    Kugane (No that red crayon is totally legitimate) >.>
    Character
    Ritsuko Sonoda
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Only times I ever hit yes on vote abandon on a 24 man raid is the small handful of times I had an alliance mostly made up of players that apparently were used to getting carried and had no desire to learn any of the mechanics.

Funny is when vote abandon fails a few times and someone force DC's hoping to get kicked and we don't do it so they log back in and are still in the instance they didn't want to stay in. :3
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Alinhbo Rhiki
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    For me it is situational but I will wait until at least the third wipe before voting for an abandon. Even then if it looks like the group has improved each wipe, especially in new content, I will hold off until it is obvious we have hit a wall.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Axl Stream
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    For me it's anytime after the 2nd wipe. The only exception to this rule are during the 2 launch weeks. After that you should have enough experienced players in the raid that the newbies can be carried through if need be.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Erilsa Leadleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Only if enough people have ragequit to the point that it resembles a revolving door and you're playing at really offpeakish hours. More as a courtesy to stop inproggers falling in with a group that's given up.
    And probably <10min~ limit on the last wipe.
    However I'm not really bothered by the 30m penalty and if a 24man was burning me out to the point of bailing i wouldn't be interested in queueing a new duty anyway.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    When can you ask? Repeated wipes without progress/not enough time left to finish the instance seem to be the generally accepted community response. If you were asking me personally, id say never. If ive given up on the group, then im no longer interested in finding out if enough other people agree with me. Ill drop the group and eat the penalty(if no one else already has) every time rather then bring up the abandon vote. By the same line of thinking, if i havent given up on the group then ill always vote no to someone elses request. Let them eat the penalty like i would. But i do know that not everyone thinks like me.
    (2)

Player

It depends, but anybody who does a vote abandon on the very first wipe should be blacklisted. That is annoying as hell. Don't queue up if you're gonna rage quit. Now if no progress is being made after the second wipe (especially if it's the same boss), then I'll considering a group vote abandon. I can't speak on time constraints because I've never been in a 24-man where we cut it close to the timer (save for Rofocate in Rabanastre during the 4.1 launch week).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hikaru Matsumura
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Never. I always stick it to the end, and I hate it when people do kill the raid. It's like people don't know how to relax and fix things.. everyone rather give up and it drives me insane.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kyou Kobayashi
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Depends on the situation.

Easy example would be second boss in Rabanastre. You have to observe your whole alliance group, first 2 pillars and 12 people die, the flame wall thing where you have to run to opposite side, another 6 will die. They can't kill the sand orbs in time, or wipe at the 3 adds.
    Just save yourself the time, if they wipe like that, I either leave or vote abandon.

On accidental wipes you shouldn't vote abandon because there's high change you will clear it on the next go.

And to people saying you shouldn't vote abandon, you don't pay my sub and time is money. Nobody said it's their first time .. So I'm rushing ahead expecting everybody knows what to do.
    When I'm new I watch a guide and/or read text guide and as soon as I'm in I say 'I'm new, sorry if I mess up, and/or please tell me the things to watch out for.
    Almost nobody ever say this so I expect they know what to do.

Then you have actual mentors wiping like this and they are the ones to actually give you advise on how to play your jobs and tell you how to do it. I cringe every time.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hikuras View Post
    Never. I always stick it to the end, and I hate it when people do kill the raid. It's like people don't know how to relax and fix things.. everyone rather give up and it drives me insane.
    That also depends too. Hashmal in Rabanastre was a literal wall for like the first month and I've been in raids where in a single run, the entire raid made less progress than the pull before it. In one particular run I can recall in like the 2nd week, it was so bad that the vast majority of the raid either had broken gear, or was close to broken gear.
    (1)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast