Player
    Character
    Jill Winters
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    [*]Increased the potency of steam cannon action “Cannonfire,” while reducing the range.
    Patch notes say Cannonfire potency was reduced, not increased. Which is correct?
    (2)
    Last edited by Jillian; 12-13-2017 at 05:53 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Matches ran long because:
    • People were new and generally didn't know what to do.
    • People overfocus the wrong objectives at the wrong times.
    • People are content to ride out the clock if they have the lead.

When a team focuses and pushes objectives, and maintains offensive pressure and momentum, you'd be amazed how fast wins happen.

That said, I'd like to point out the part above where it says cannon damage was increased and range decreased vs the patch notes saying cannon damage was reduced from 6000/600 to 4000/400. Which one is correct?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Roksha Alkdnar
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    From the matches I've done today, it's just as some of the people here predicted: Now we have healers bum rushing the core and constantly healing mammets, netting an easy win for their team.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lamissa Faye
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Not surprising. A single healer can outheal 2-3 dps on a mammet without much issue. Cannons now having a more difficult time killing healers means there's no easier way to deal with the army of them running at your core.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jillian View Post
    Patch notes say Cannonfire potency was reduced, not increased. Which is correct?
    Apologies, for any confusion this may have caused.

We have made edits to reflect the implemented adjustments.

Thank you.
    (5)
    Aya "Sicycre" Montoya - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Vulcwen Mhasi
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Power Generators
    This is in regards to the power generators, which are placed in the center of the map. Since the power generator greatly affects the match, we’re considering adjusting the amount of ceruleum they produce. We’re also considering to see if it would be possible to make improvements to the rules to add a bit more challenge, especially around the center of the map, around the power generator.
    I'd suggest making it easier for the generator to get to a neutral state, by shortening the cast time on it for de-activating. It'd make it harder for healers to defend the generator, especially since they have cast times on their attacks.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Myori Mittens
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Yea now that ive played it I feel the cannon adjustments were unnecessary. Decreased range sure, but decreasing damage on top of it is salting the earth. If you can have one healer just sitting there on the edge nuking you the whole time it takes like 4? hits to bring them down now more then enough time to cast a heal and just keep at either nuking the person on cannon or doing formula 1 races with mammets.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Pa Lin'guine
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zojha View Post
    So the way to move away from a healer centric meta is to move away from direct PvP.
    I'd think the opposite, the roles are getting confusing or rather switched. Healer is the new offensive role with mechs and mammets on their tow, dps is the defensive role slowing them down, and tanks.. I tried drk, surprisingly enough took 26% of a BJ before killed...

Quote Originally Posted by Arazehl View Post
    I'm sure players will find a new work-around to slow the match down once more. Things like camping the CE tanks, in and around the waters and caves, with yet again,"healers".
    ^This. It's not really any faster, and as said above, it's just matter of time before the roles are adjusted with this new mix for both sides.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lamissa Faye
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinglybell View Post
    Yea now that ive played it I feel the cannon adjustments were unnecessary. Decreased range sure, but decreasing damage on top of it is salting the earth. If you can have one healer just sitting there on the edge nuking you the whole time it takes like 4? hits to bring them down now more then enough time to cast a heal and just keep at either nuking the person on cannon or doing formula 1 races with mammets.
    healers were underpowered, they needed to make it easier for a healer to solo a person on a cannon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Julianna Arrisit
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluebilly View Post
    From the matches I've done today, it's just as some of the people here predicted: Now we have healers bum rushing the core and constantly healing mammets, netting an easy win for their team.
    I'm glad I got my 100 win achievement before this patch was implemented. I haven't tried it today with the new changes, but this sounds even worse. Is SE even playing their own game or even listening to what players are trying to tell them of what is so out of whack with this pvp mode?
    (1)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast