World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdChild_ZKI View Post
    "Healers are too OP!"
    "Soaring affects healers far too well and needs an adjustment."
    *nerfs Steam Cannons*

THIS is what alienates and makes the PvP community lose what faith they have in you, SE. Cannon range was already an issue, especially. . . no, why should I explain it? You wouldn't listen anyways.

Between all the healer stacking and defeatist wannabe-PvPers, I guess I've got nothing I really want to do in game now.
    let them cry, they'll lose anyway , ez farm for us
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Nah, between this, and the fact that a Japanese player I know shared actual developer commentary on the changes - commentary strangely absent here on the NA side - my motivation to even WANT to bother with RW is on life support. This is the best they could do after a month of feedback. People weren't "busy with Omega Savage" this time, so they can't use that as an excuse for "not enough feedback".

Might try to revive Seal Rock. They miraculously haven't messed that up yet. Or just take a "vacation" til 4.2. Maybe longer. . .
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Crowe Valtyr
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    So they make a few changes which have hardly anything to do with the actual issues present in Rival Wings.

I... thanks, I guess?

Might try to revive Seal Rock. They miraculously haven't messed that up yet.

Honestly, while I've only done Seal Rock a few times when it magically popped in the roulette, it was pretty fun once I got used to how it works. I'd be up for that if you need people - need to get my wolf marks somehow.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kaoru_Nagisa; 12-12-2017 at 09:57 PM.

Character
    Kerwin Nindon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Other various issues have also been addressed.
    Wish they just give us details instead of a vague thing like this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Mhm... bug fixes are nice, ceruleum tank spawns are clearly to weaken the impact of mid and the mammet changes are kinda overdue - I can't remember having them reach the core even once due to their automatic demolition kicking in juuust before they reach the core. That's some good stuff, in line with feedback given.

Cannon changes are... confusing. I took a google translate glance through the JP thread (they only really use one thread for their consolidated Rival Wings feedback), but even they didn't seem to complain about the cannons a lot, I didn't see them mentioned a whole lot at all. This one is probably on the devs.

Lack of healer adjustments is not unexpected. Whatever changes they would have made would have been inconsequential anyway, trinity designers keep listening to players who think that if a healer only has the same impact of a filthy DPS peasant, they're garbage. The JP forums aren't better in that regard - They, too, have people who expect a singular healer to be put on the same power scale as two DPS and a tank all coordinating both burst and CC and use the same asinine arguments to defend that point of view. So no surprises there.

Ah well! I'm sure if things end up dying, they'll find some rewards to make people do it again anyway. Maybe they'll introduce Astragalos seasons with exclusive rewards if it fails too hard or put it into the Frontline roulette to put it on life support or sth. Or they'll just let it die. Who knows?
    Let's focus on the positive: They acknowledged and fixed the Flamethrower bug before 4.5. That's something!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kitty Softclaws
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeonsilt View Post
    This Cannon nerf is unnecessary, especially 20% max range decrease.

p.s. Never saw anyone whining about Cannons. My guess that this comes from JP-side(or just random fluke from SE).
    Except Mr. Happy on his youtube channel. He is whining about it in his Rival Wings Video. I don't like the Idea that a person has probably the possibility to influence the game in such a manner just because he has an youtube channel.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerwin View Post
    Wish they just give us details instead of a vague thing like this.
    Bear with the rough format, but this was a translation shared by a JP player:

About adjustment contents of patch 4.18
    In response to the feedback that the game time is long and the tempo is bad, in patch 4.18 it will make adjustments aiming mainly to damage the object and accelerate the game tempo.
    • Raise the moving speed of the automaton
    • Weakening the power and range of steam cannon bombardment
    By increasing the moving speed of the automaton, it reduces the time to reach the tower and core,
    Increase the influence of automaton objects.
    Moreover, weakening steam canon which has a strong influence in the battle around the core,
    Make the core more vulnerable to attack.

We also examined more direct adjustments such as reducing the maximum HP of the core and shortening the time limit, reducing the maximum HP of the core makes monotonous game expansion, there was concern that the cores will end without being destroyed by shortening the time limit, so we did not take action at the moment.

Also I am aware of the problem of slowing down the game after destroying the tower and allowing the core to attack.
    First of all, we will review further adjustments after confirming the change of game development with the above adjustment done.

About Power Generator
    About the strength of the influence of the power generator installed in the center of the map on the game, we are considering adjusting the amount of blue phosphorus water generated by the power generator.
    Regarding the play in the central part of the map centered on the power generator,
    It is under consideration including improvement of the game rule whether it can change to what gives sharpness to the tempo of the game.

About job adjustment
    Thank you for much feedback on the strength and influence per role in the rival wings.
    Regarding this case, we are considering adjusting the influence on the rule side.

About stationary party
    Because I think that I want to leave as much as possible the pleasures of cooperating at parties and the ease with which I can participate by inviting my friends, I do not think about putting in place about what I can apply for at the moment with a party.
    However, in regard to the point that it seems that the presence or absence of a fixed party extremely affects victory or defeat in a specific situation,
    I would like to examine the adjustment so that its influence does not become too strong.

About respawn kill
    As for the respawn kill, measures on the system side are sweet and we are sorry for the inconvenience.
    We are considering the contents to take measures.
    Source: Original JP Forum post

Funny how THEIR community reps actually explain things like this to the community. Would be real nice if we got that kind of courtesy, but I guess since this isn't about glamour or something easy to answer in the most vague manner, it's a no go. . . Lovely.
    (2)
    Last edited by ThirdChild_ZKI; 12-13-2017 at 12:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Pa Lin'guine
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenfiddich View Post
    Except Mr. Happy on his youtube channel. He is whining about it in his Rival Wings Video. I don't like the Idea that a person has probably the possibility to influence the game in such a manner just because he has an youtube channel.
    If it's even possibility, this is probably dumbest thing SE ever done. I've been on either side of his matches, haven't seen him lead once. A streamer who did few matches vs someone who trying to work strategy. C'mon SE... -_-
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    I'm nowhere near as known, but I was already making calls and leading teams when I streamed on the first day. . . It doesn't take much, just keep your map open, read the flow of battle, and make the right priority calls. Attack when you see an opening, defend if you have an opening on your side, keep up offensive pressure, and don't get too sidetracked with things that aren't the main objectives.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hott Cocoa
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Nah, between this, and the fact that a Japanese player I know shared actual developer commentary on the changes - commentary strangely absent here on the NA side - my motivation to even WANT to bother with RW is on life support. This is the best they could do after a month of feedback. People weren't "busy with Omega Savage" this time, so they can't use that as an excuse for "not enough feedback".

Might try to revive Seal Rock. They miraculously haven't messed that up yet. Or just take a "vacation" til 4.2. Maybe longer. . .
    Hey! You're on my Data Center. If you do Seal Rock I'll play with. Want to get that coat.

[On Topic] It sounds to me that these changes were simply made to end the matches faster so that they do not drag out to long. I think another reason for the adjustments is that they felt to many players focused way to heavily on the generator; and I guess SE wanted people to stop thinking it was the meta; so they increased mammet speed along with increasing the number of tanks that spawn to even out CE production.

The cannon adjustment was unneeded however. I actually felt cannon range needed increased not decreased, but I guess they really want matches to end faster than be more engaging. The only reason I can see for this is that it would make playing the game a bit more managable when the content begins to die to less players queuing for it.
    (3)
    Last edited by Vivi_Bushido; 12-13-2017 at 01:00 AM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast