Player
    Character
    Rapha Verasch
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80

Logitech G13 Joystick Issues

Hi all! Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

I use a Logitech G13 gameboard with FFXIV, and have an intermittent issue with the joystick. I like to use the joystick for character movement instead of the mouse button controls.

About 50% of the time, when I load the game, the joystick will not have full range of motion in one or two directions. For example, I will be able to run to the left, but only walk forward and right. The particular directions that I'm "slowed" in seem to vary randomly. Sometimes I can run left and right but only walk forward, for instance.

The only thing I can seem to do to make it work is reboot my computer. Restarting FFXIV, or even disable and reenabling the device doesn't fix it.

I'm well aware this may not be a problem with FFXIV at all, but this is the only game I use the peripheral with.

Anyone else have this device and similar issues?
    (0)

Good Morning, and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Yes, this is the correct spot for this issue.

Is this the only device you are having issues with? Is this a recent development or has it always had this issue? If recent, has anything updated on your computer that coincides with the issue? Has this happened with any other game or program? Do you see any kind of pattern to it?

Do you have any other kind of device or controller plugged in at the same time? Go to your control panel and click on 'Hardware and Sound,' and see if there are any other input devices or virtual controllers that may be interfering with your Logitech Device. Make sure you have no other programs running in the background (even if you don't think they will interfere).

Also, make sure you have the most up to date drivers for that particular device. If you do, try to uninstall and reinstall them.

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)