Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Riyah Arpeggio
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Third, the problem is that once you hit a certain point, the match is already won. Like if your core is at 75%, and they have one tower up at 75% at 5 minutes till end, your only hope is somehow getting two oppressors to that tower to kill it fast, and then getting them up to the core to hit it. But you only get one chance due to oppressor's foot speed and the CE cost to make them, and then its just waiting the timer out. If you lose a tower in the first few minutes, and you can't generate CE, it can be fifteen minutes of losing because they can't really get the core down to 0 and you can't summon enough bots to make a push.

This actually was a problem in other matches too, in Shatter if you are at 300 points at the half way mark, you might as well give up, because you can't magically outplay people to make up a 300 point gap. there are points where the match is just lost, but keeps going on.
    (0)

Character
    Riyah Arpeggio
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMagus View Post
    Heres an example of what I mean, there sure isn't anyway that team is gonna make a comeback from this.
    Yeah, you literally can't do anything. You can try to run the lone oppressor with a cc to their tower, but they just need to devote a few CCs to counter it. And even if you kill it, you need to get that OPP to the core because you cant damage it enough with players. been in those kind of matches too.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Generika Nameius
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Thats why I just ask for vote surrender in Rival Wings, as its 1 v 1, not 1 v 1 v1
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Shatter was easy: You go attack the leading team. Send outliers for ices, but press the attack on the winning team. 5 points per head, 10 for the highs and fevers. Push them back to their base, occupy the base, and continue to fight. I led a team of randoms to a draw victory against a GC at 1562 once. Dropped them down to the 1400s, then hit the last mid ice for a win. Prior to that, both GC's hit us at our base pretty hard and we fought them back. We fought them back.

Thing is, it's too easy to just give up when you think nothing can be done. And sometimes, yes, there are situations you can't come back from. But that's when you really do need to be able to understand what led to that, rather than just throwing in the towel and making another crap shoot queue. That's why I say give up and run, and you'll always be running. Running and looking for that next "guaranteed" win. There isn't one.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Generika Nameius
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    https://imgur.com/gallery/gYZcz

Last match I had, we absolutely busted them and they had no way to come back from. This isn't about looking for a win, this is about saving time thats being wasted unneccesarily.

I understand why the loss happened, but I'm also with 23 other people, and we aren't always gonna be in sync with each other, sometimes it is better to just to say we lost, lets have another match instead. If I knew I couldn't win in a game of chess and I know it, I would just surrender, save both our times instead of just being an annoyance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Saving time? What else would you be doing with that time?

Most of these matches ride out the full 20 because people either don't push at the right times, or are content to just ride out the clock. A lot of players make a LOT of game-losing/time-consuming mistakes and don't even realize it. And that includes me; I don't want to try to sound like it doesn't. But I pay quite a lot of attention to the flow of battle, and when I find it getting stagnant, I make a move. More often than not, it turns things around. Offensive pressure and momentum go a LONG way in Rival Wings.

Still, please humor me, what else would anyone be doing with that time?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Generika Nameius
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    More matches? Like if I vote surrended every 15 minutes, I get an extra match after every 4th one? It sounds small, but it all adds up, like faster it is, more matches can be played.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quality over quantity.

Same could be said if you learn how to both prevent those situations and utilize offensive pressure to win. You might take a few lumps on the way there, but sometimes there's a greater lesson in a loss than a win.

I won't pretend I have all the time in the world. I don't. But I am committed to a match once there, win or lose. I like my wins decisive, and if I HAVE to lose, I'm going down fighting. They will literally have to pry their win from me. That's just me though. I understand I can't control 23 other people, nor do I want to. Possible exploitations aside, I'm just not in favor of the idea, but perhaps that's just me being a bit hard-boiled about it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Generika Nameius
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I understand your point on how you prefer your matches, but to me, I see the idea of a vote surrender being no less exploitable than vote kicking someone to get someones friend in or vote abandoning at the very last boss in a 24 man raid.
    (0)

Character
    Riyah Arpeggio
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdChild_ZKI View Post
    Shatter was easy: You go attack the leading team. Send outliers for ices, but press the attack on the winning team. 5 points per head, 10 for the highs and fevers.
    If you could reliably kill the other team like that, you wouldn't be 300 points down at the mid match mark. And usually a team that has enough highs got it from killing the third place team, while the second place team refuses to pressure them. Advantages can snowball pretty easily in pvp, and be much harder to respond to or counter than you think. A lot of your strategies seem to rely on the other team acting like idiots suddenly; it doesn't really work that way.
    (2)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast