Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Gridania and Ul'dah (because Ishgard not allowed to be starting city-state :c)
    Character
    Strea Leonhart
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90

After over a year of playing FF14 you gain some... wisdom of sorts...

(goes back to read some older post that I made regarding tanks DPS and actual DPS) Good god that was my mindset at the time... so yeah, I started getting into FF14 during Heavensward when Final Steps of Faith and Nidhogg's Rage was considered relevant...

and I was one of the few people who got hyped for Stormblood... only to be disappointed with my main class/job balance adjustments(or lackthereof but that will be for another thread for another time) and realize that... tank DPS should always compensate for healer DPS...

but with the current gameplay of mechanics is towards casuals which is fine unless 1 casual wants to get into the harder content but doesn't like relying on PUGs clear since people will just say "you just got carried next time go play a different class or stop playing newb lololololollol" (generally these are the people who die more than the person who was still learning the fight who say that abeit it is an exageration) it really doesn't help especially if said casual also wants to clear the hard content in it original form, whether it be synced or no echo bonus/penalty to help make the fight easier(though the whole echo bonus thing is up for debate).

Since I play DRK, which is a tank, I should be able to not only hold aggro but also do damage that a DPS should be doing if healer DPS is doing "meh" damage at best but instead tanks are doing "meh" damage at best if they know how to do their rotation. And as a result of such imbalance, tanks should have full strength on their tank accessories instead of just 1/3 (1/2 if melded strength materia) as well as the "Enhanced Strength" traits that DPS have to go with the "Enhanced Vitality" traits that tanks have...

but everyone makes mistakes and you eventually learn from them or repeat the same mistakes... this is true for anything in general from cooking, fixing a car, etc., but if you still mess up then you realize that you are not cut out for the kind of thing you signed up for or you just keep trying until you get it right, just don't expect people to care because there are people who will put others down for feeling good because putting people makes them feels good(basically trolls in a nutshell)...

and with that said, BRING IN THE FEROCIOUS LOOKING TANKS THAT REVEAL TO BE SUPER KAWAII-DESU-WAIFUS-IN-MY-LAIFUS-I mean the constructive criticism...

EDIT: took some advice about spacing things out in sentences
    (0)
    Last edited by DRKoftheAzure; 12-13-2017 at 09:15 AM. Reason: lack of spacing

Player
    Character
    Xavier Dracul
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 79
    Care to maybe format that mess of a post a bit more? Maybe some spaces between lines, make it a bit more clear to read?

Right now this reads like you're blabbing on in one straight go.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Visanis Mitsuna
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I have no idea of what you're trying to say here.

Are you saying that the current hardest content is balanced towards casuals? Are you also saying tanks should have full STR as well as VIT on their accessories and traits AND deal as much DPS as a dedicated DPS class because healer DPS isn't as high?

I'm lost.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Soul Skyheart
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    So..... Because you're a player that's played through half an expansion and walked into a new one suddenly makes you have more wisdom?

In such wisdom, you're entitled to have a say that you or your tank class/es should be balanced around that they are able to do 2 jobs at once? DPS and Tank?

I wonder what veterans feel about this, playing from 2.0 and onward. I'm guessing they have greater wisdom where they'll ask for tank to be able to be healers too probably.

Maybe though, who knows. I'm just a dirty casual after all who's been playing from 2.0 that's cleared majority of content, but that doesn't give me said wisdom...

Oh well, i guess some others do I guess.....
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Boris Taglia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Your post.......try hitting return every once in a while. Tank dps should not make up for healer dps and should not in any way shape or form be on par with dedicated dps classes.

If that was the case there would be no reason for the trinity.

Every tank class gets their time in the light. This patch is pld. Next will most likely be drk because they’re doing a great job flooding the forums.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sigrun Helasdottir
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Solved the problem.... make VIT add Damage to tank damage again then we can vit out and stop hearing tank flipouts every other day.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Soul Skyheart
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by kidalutz View Post
    Solved the problem.... make VIT add Damage to tank damage again then we can vit out and stop hearing tank flipouts every other day.
    Can't be done and won't be done. If this was Heavensward, then I'd say there is a chance, however due to them changing the death penalty system to affect all main stats except vit, to help reduce punishments to surviving mechanics such as boss aoes' or tanks who's health aren't enough to take on tankbusters.

I say it has a chance with Heavensward because the death penalty in HW reduced VIT too and in order to implement VIT scaling into SB, they'll have to rework a penalty and tank stat, which goes into alot of coding and rewriting which the devs don't have time for because of their already planned out schedule.

I'd like VIT to scale with AP once more but we can't have nice things without making other nice things worse.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sarcatica Lin
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSkyheart View Post
    Can't be done and won't be done. If this was Heavensward, then I'd say there is a chance, however due to them changing the death penalty system to affect all main stats except vit, to help reduce punishments to surviving mechanics such as boss aoes' or tanks who's health aren't enough to take on tankbusters.

I say it has a chance with Heavensward because the death penalty in HW reduced VIT too and in order to implement VIT scaling into SB, they'll have to rework a penalty and tank stat, which goes into alot of coding and rewriting which the devs don't have time for because of their already planned out schedule.

I'd like VIT to scale with AP once more but we can't have nice things without making other nice things worse.
    Solution to this? Simply add DH to tanks/healers gears and we good. Realized how the good tanks still stay with DH melds + pentameld accessories? Still doesn't solve the whole Tenacity thingy though, might as well remove it or buff it further because the stat isn't needed at all even for UCoil so it has to be a niche for people to stack it further. Do we even have a comprehensive stat weight for the scalings to make an accurate 'guess' especially for Tenacity?

Crit would get more valuable and DH might just get the boot in 4.2++ (considering you will need pentameld to have your DH rate at 10-15%, would be worse if SE decides to fix the STR scaling on the raid accessories) if intended is still totally fine. Either way contents aren't that hard hitting on tanks to guarantee Tenacity a spot, not to mention that there is almost no real downside to stack more potential dps.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Soul Skyheart
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Solution solved another issue evolved. Adding DH (which was stated to be a dps only sub stat specifically for dps only on their gears) would make content easier. That's parry was replaced with TNC, because it was bad and it didnt offer much due to it's RNG.

Now that tanks have a stat they can focus on and will want to focus on it past 4.2, knowing that devs confirmed that Omega will be getting harder with each even numbered patches, TNC will be more desirable because tanks don't wanna pop their tank stance to tank an incoming tank buster, instead, TNC, which is built into their gear, offering 10% or more once we hit 4.2 will allow them to stay in DPS and pop a cooldown.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Soul Skyheart
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Wasting resources and time is very valuable in raids because it makes the fight difficult to complete and gives a higher chance of failure. And let's be honest now... who wants to walk into content that's easier because we can push phases or have the devs increase the boss's HP to compensate for strong stats on our gear, that's just bad content development and something they wanna avoid.

Same things go for healers, i guess... If you can DH a heal, then you've gotten a free 25% heal which will add up over time and maybe let them have more DPS uptime which again, more damage, more pushed phases, solutions to fix? Add more HP to the boss equals bad raid design equals boring fight equals give me back my sub money and wasted time back.
    -pt. 2
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast