Character
    Seraphitia Faro
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi_Bushido View Post
    Agreed 100%

They're two completely different arguments and is purely a QoL add on, not a game changing feature.
    Maybe they should just remove knockback, huh?!...Yeah...no.

Honestly, casters are the only ones that can reliably negate knockbacks. Surecast have only 30sec cooldown and 5sec up-time. Paladins skill have 180sec cooldown and 10sec up-time. The skill is so weak in comparison, that I would honestly prefer it to be changed into something entirely different because of that insane cooldown. In terms of melee, it's still 60sec for 5sec up-time, but at least have slow effect added (which won't really matter against bosses).

In case of melee and casters, anti-knockback evens out the odds a little bit against the ranged. Melee don't have to waste time on movement while casters don't waste their spells in the middle of the cast. Ranged, simply speaking, are scarcely affected. Generally it's nothing that positioning (which costs them nothing) can't solve.

Classes are supposed to have strengths and weaknesses based entirely on their role. Casters have the glaring weakness of cast times. Melee the weakness of having to be near. And ranged?!...Eh...yeah?! Right...And you want to remove the slightest semblance of weakness...I'm not talking here about the stats or potency of the skills, I'm talking about the core gameplay. Ranged have NO weaknesses. They can attack from up close and at range. They can attack while moving. They can stay away from dangerous cleaves and swipes of bosses without being affected by it, and the closest they ever need to get is about 20 yalms away from the tank, to be sure that they will be caught by Medica and similar even if the healer is overly fond of stacking almost on top of the tank to keep him in range...

If you want to remove weaknesses, small or large, make the suggestion while adding new ones. Or, hey...A bow-mage is still an option. Then, by all means, go ahead and ask for a sure-cast grade of anti-knockback.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Akashi Mousai
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi_Bushido View Post
    I see those at more inconveniences for those jobs tbh. It gives them extra responsibilities that range dps could solve with a single button press like any other job. In addition, healers would have to sacrifice their already extremely tight tool kit of cross role skills to babysit the range dps. And if there's two range dps, then one of them is out of luck. Giving range a knockback prevention would not only be a QoL for the range dps but also so the other jobs wouldn't have to hold their hand on annoying mechanics.
    I get what you’re saying 100%, I still think it’s not a requirement. I keep seeing people saying it’ll be a QoL change, but I personally see it as an intentional design choice. It makes sense, to me, why Bard and Machinist don’t have a preventive knock back move, just as it makes sense why we don’t have a gap closer either. It makes sense why Red Mage and Black Mage can teleport around, and why Summoner cannot. It makes sense why Melee have so many tools to stay on the boss (both role class and their job class), and why tanks only have one/none. Just my .02 though
    (6)

Character
    Riyah Arpeggio
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    ...physical ranged has aoe refresh and tp regain, that no longer require sacrificing DPS for. That's a hell of a lot more imbalance than other jobs having surecast is. Ranged physical has a group movement speed up buff. I mean, they get so much already, why to they have to be 100% perfect dps?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RiyahArp View Post
    ...physical ranged has aoe refresh and tp regain, that no longer require sacrificing DPS for. That's a hell of a lot more imbalance than other jobs having surecast is. Ranged physical has a group movement speed up buff. I mean, they get so much already, why to they have to be 100% perfect dps?
    ....What? You do realize Refresh and Tactician were a godsend to the old ways of MP/TP Refresh, right? So many people would not Promote their turret, nor sing Mage's or Army's when needed because of the DPS loss; MCH actually suffered a bit more than BRD in that regard because of how turret damage was weighted. We get "so much" at the cost of personal DPS--at least with regards to BRD because at most percentiles we're only doing more damage than the RDM with instant Raises every GCD.

Also, you can't use Swiftsong (Peloton) in battle so....your argument with that is what, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by AkashiXI View Post
    I get what you’re saying 100%, I still think it’s not a requirement. I keep seeing people saying it’ll be a QoL change, but I personally see it as an intentional design choice. It makes sense, to me, why Bard and Machinist don’t have a preventive knock back move, just as it makes sense why we don’t have a gap closer either. It makes sense why Red Mage and Black Mage can teleport around, and why Summoner cannot. It makes sense why Melee have so many tools to stay on the boss (both role class and their job class), and why tanks only have one/none. Just my .02 though
    As far as I'm aware, RDM does not have an Aetherial Manipulation like BLM does.

It's fine if you don't agree with me; that's your opinion. But mine is I think it's silly every other job can just say "screw you" to an annoying knockback mechanic while BRD/MCH have to beg the PLD to Cover them, or plead with the healer to rescue them. If it was something that only a few jobs could avoid due to the specific design of their job, then that would be fine. But it's every job except for two.
    (4)
    Last edited by HyoMinPark; 12-11-2017 at 06:16 AM.
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Hott Cocoa
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    ....What? You do realize Refresh and Tactician were a godsend to the old ways of MP/TP Refresh, right? So many people would not Promote their turret, nor sing Mage's or Army's when needed because of the DPS loss; MCH actually suffered a bit more than BRD in that regard because of how turret damage was weighted. We get "so much" at the cost of personal DPS--at least with regards to BRD because at most percentiles we're only doing more damage than the RDM with instant Raises every GCD.

Also, you can't use Swiftsong (Peloton) in battle so....your argument with that is what, exactly?
    Not to mention Peloton is a bit of downgrade now that it consists of a cross role skill and has to be refreshed every 30 seconds. It's worse now than when it was Swiftsong.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Crein Crein
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    We get "so much" at the cost of personal DPS--at least with regards to BRD because at most percentiles we're only doing more damage than the RDM with instant Raises every GCD.
    >> At the cost of personal dps
    >MCH contributes more dps to a raid than SMN, the highest ranking dps that also has utility
    >BRD contributes just as much

Personal numbers mean 0; why sam and blm are memes. These jobs already offer more than any other in the game, they don't need a niche skill to cover one weakness, one time, in one fight.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CreinCrein View Post
    These jobs already offer more than any other in the game, they don't need a niche skill to cover one weakness, one time, in one fight.
    The same argument can be used for Arm’s Length and Surecast. All DPS with the exception of SAM and BLM offer raid utility and contribute to a group; why give them a niche skill to cover one weakness, one time, in one fight.

But I see that I’m in the minority here, so rather than waste my time arguing over something so small, I’m going to just concede and step out. Have a lovely day~.
    (2)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Give BRD/MCH knockback protection and give them back the casting bars
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Crein Crein
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Because O4S is the only fight that knocks brd/mch out of attack range, while EVERY other knock back mechanic knocks a melee away from attack range and those knock backs, a majority of the time, include a potency loss with it. I'd compile a list but I don't want to waste the time doing so. Selective reading at its finest.
    (11)
    Last edited by CreinCrein; 12-11-2017 at 08:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Akashi Mousai
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90

As far as I'm aware, RDM does not have an Aetherial Manipulation like BLM does.

It's fine if you don't agree with me; that's your opinion. But mine is I think it's silly every other job can just say "screw you" to an annoying knockback mechanic while BRD/MCH have to beg the PLD to Cover them, or plead with the healer to rescue them. If it was something that only a few jobs could avoid due to the specific design of their job, then that would be fine. But it's every job except for two.
    I meant their lunge/jump back move :b I don’t remember their names. My point was they have a lot of mobility for a caster, as they’re intended to have.
    (3)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast