Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Lili Reina
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80

why not have repeatable version of the story quests?

iremember yoshi said they couldnt figure out how to let people replay the story quest, but we already have the system for repeatable quests like in the relic/holiday events quests

why not just do that? just make it so you agree to reset the whole chain so we dont have same npc in multiple places
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Tristan Vayne
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    He actually said the system was already in the game; he said to make a new character.

And I agree, it'd be a waste of dev resources in my opinion.
    (7)
    Last edited by ErryK; 12-09-2017 at 05:13 PM.

Baby, tell me, what's your motive?

Player
    Character
    Lynne Asteria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    The game sets flags based on completed quests. They would basically have to redo the quest system entirely so redoing a quest wouldn't break your character.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lho Polaali
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 23
    I would like to see something like this added for certain solo duties like the 4.1 one. Add those to the Endless Journey and queue up from there.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Crushing Fatigue
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    They have a system similar to this in LoTRO where each 'area' has it's own memory pools where you can visit and relive the quests that were given in the region. It was a nifty feature that didn't quite do enough in my mind but gave those looking to experience certain events again some manner to complete them, though as to be expected it mostly consisted of instanced questing. If they had the time I wouldn't mind seeing a similar feature make it's way here, especially since the roadblock that is 2.1-2.55 is something many have no desire to experience wholesale once more just to replay a handful of later quests.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Pa Lin'guine
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    I want this, no rewards ofc. Just reliving the quest is enough from unending journey or something.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nomfur Farredzasyn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I don't really care so much for redoing the entire quest, but what I want is the ability to re-do solo duties. Multi person duties can be re-done over and over, so why not the solo person duties?
    (12)
    White Mage ~ Scholar ~ Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiroglyph View Post
    Boi if you got kicked for the same thing in over 20 duties I strongly suggest you think hard on whatever the hell it is you're doing

As I'm sure you are well aware, it takes more than one person to be able to kick a player from a duty, so in all those instances there were at least two people agreeing they'd be better off without you tanking.

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I'd very much like something like this aswell! Not just for the mainstoryquest but also for any longer quest-chain - Hildibrand, the Theologikum in Ishgard, the quest/cutscene-heavy quest-lines each area gets...
    Just making a new character isnt really the solution here - sometimes I'd like to see just one specific quest again, that might actually require playing through 80 hours (or more...) of story/game that I dont want to see again.

Ofc those quests should have no rewards!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ayer Austen
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ErryK View Post
    He actually said the system was already in the game; he said to make a new character.

And I agree, it'd be a waste of dev resources in my opinion.
    Agreed. They waste enough time on pointless stuff already.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayer2015 View Post
    Agreed. They waste enough time on pointless stuff already.
    I dont see how this is "pointless" - at least for me it isnt! I play FF-games for their story and I started this game for its story. On singleplayer-games I normally have as many savegames as I can have, so I can jump to any point in the story I might like to repeat. I know your argument is going to be "But if you like the story so much, you should just play the whole story again (and you can do that)!" - but here is the thing: sometimes I'd like to refresh my memory of a certain part of the story. Or I'd like to go back and replay Hilli without having to go through 50 hours of ARR-story before. In a solo-game I can put savegames at any point I want, so I can repeat certain parts of the story (and believe me: I do that) - due to the nature of this game, I cant do that. But when the current mainstory makes a reference to something that happend in a quest from ARR that I played through 4 years ago, I'd love to go back to that quest and refresh my memory.

I can see how this might prove to be difficult regarding flags etc. (my proposed soultion would be: just generate all the NPCs that are needed for that quest again - dont move them, just generate a second Lyse. Call her Memoryghost-Lyse, if you must. That way every set flag could stay in place, every NPC could stay in place but we could still replay a certain story-part)
    But I'd argue its not a pointless waste of ressources, seeing how the story is one of the most important things about this and any FF-game. When they can make stuff like LoV why not this?
    (6)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast