(0)

Player
    Character
    Duvvvv Starflux
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I don't do PotD anymore but I do see its benefits for people who wants to keep the game going and who aims to level their characters quicker. I don't think removing/overhauling it would turn people's attention back to the open world content though.
    I personally love doing F.A.T.E.s (some of it) but it gets kind of lonely, and my birb could only get so much exp from them. I do love the idea of improving on both these contents, especially chained F.A.T.E.s for the older areas but I don't have better ideas, just pump up the rewards or give gear I guess? I liked how I got a barding in a Churning Mist F.A.T.E. from back when.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eugene Tracewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 87
    Fates are great for 1-15, but after that the exp reward is minuscule at best. Most do them for weekly roulettes.

Maybe double the exp payout or have a exp chain attached, where you get more exp the more you do but once you fail a fate, don't gold another in the time allowed, or rank below gold you start over.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inglis Eucus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Have more problems with NPCs being blocked at Rhalgr's Reach than at Quarrymill. Most ever see anymore outside in potd at Quarrymill maybe 10 to 20 and there not blocking any NPCs. POTD is best way for new player also to gear up by getting all 3 types of tomes from it when your level 70.
    (0)
    Last edited by hynaku; 01-21-2018 at 02:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Press and hold x to click NPCs.
    It's the default target filter Burton on the keyboard control scheme. Your clicks will pass through players and hit objects and NPCs instead.
    (0)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Squintina Nightgard
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I've seen people do fates,even small fate trains. Not everyone likes potd and such people (like myself) will go do fates and leves (for level ranges where available) and hunting bills and beast tribe quests and the challenge log to level. It's actually not that slow if done efficiently.

That being said, I don't want to force people who dislike such content and prefer potd (or just want to level up fast without having to move areas) to get back to doing them.

It would be nice if SE found some kind of incentive for people to come populate older zones. It might be "old" content, but as long as MSQ locking remains (and it will), which is something most other games don't have and something that forces new players to stay in older areas for extended periods of time, then I think it's their duty to find ways to keep them populated so that new players actually get to see somewhat of a lively world.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Verisa Solglade
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 70
    They need to bring all forms of exp gain up to the same levels. I shouldn’t be able to go into PotD or do Squadron dungeons and walk out with 3-5 lvls early on and damn near 1/2 - 1 lvls later on for 15 minutes of work when 15 minutes of FATEs gets me MAYBE 1/5 a lvl?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zajeel Zugunruhe
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Avellin Adorel
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    I did the FATE leveling grind before PotD was added. There is no way I could go back to that. It made my eyes bleed. I would just not level anything anymore if palace was removed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I tried PotD once, didn't like it and so went back to FATE grinding. I see others grinding them as well on occasion.

But a friend loved PotD for leveling because he got more XP for the time spent plus the rewards were a lot better. He made millions of gil from PotD rewards where as you're lucky to get few hundred gil and company seals from a FATE.

If SE wants to see all their leveling content getting more use (they may not care), then they need to balance the reward structure better. Most players are going to choose the most efficient content because they don't care about the journey (which pretty much stops existing once the character has completed the MSQ), they just want to be at level cap.
    (0)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast