Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80

So, Devs and Reps, Let's Talk

No, you're not in trouble, and no one's mad this time (this time). I read a rather interesting line in that last dualshockers interview:

We are also planning for an update to the PvP system—we plan to make changes to some rules in line with player feedback we received.
    That's QUITE the statement to make! Can you elaborate on it a little? I know some things you just can't say, of course. But let's not be coy: you've blindsided the community with unwanted changes before, and claimed it was based on "feedback" we perhaps didn't offer, or simply shotgunned big changes without warning. . .But it's cool! Like I said, you're not in trouble.

Extending the olive branch here and offering a seat at the table. Let's talk! What do you have planned for us? Can you elaborate on some of the feedback that effected coming changes? Let's discuss it ahead of time rather than last minute or not at all, and leave players blindsided and full of questions. Perhaps we can offer further feedback or put our heads together to find even better ideas to make everyone happy. How about it?
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    They are going to eliminate the capability of changing jobs beginning of match and limit 1 healer per party.
    (2)

Character
    Riyah Arpeggio
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    My guess would be rank decay, a healer nerf of some kind, and limiting the hours you can queue for feast in order to get more people in a timeframe. A big longshot might be reinstating normal chat.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    Sadly, you won't know about it until patch notes go up. I keep hoping the Live Letter might reveal something but I know not to get my hopes up too much!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    You all have some good guesses and points, but that's also why I made this thread.

I've been away playing other things between matches (Tera's Elin Gunner got me like <3), but my internet travels have brought me to the forums for other games and I've noticed that their reps are a bit more communicative with the community (or are at least more forthcoming with information - at least what they can share), or in Overwatch's case, when devs make big changes, they at least mention it ahead of time, along with reasons why. It'd really go a long way to have that kind of two way communication, especially for the PvP community whom SE tends to run hot and cold with all too often. We either get little support, or big sudden changes without warning. Having a more active communication between us would go a long way toward ensuring we all have a better experience, no?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    Well, for what it's worth, some forums get responses to their PVP suggestions:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...44#post4502844

(French - basically someone talks about the plethora of healers and how much easier it is to climb ranked as a healer than any other class, and how bad the matchmaking system is).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Etrius Ballard
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Everyone knows SE doesn't take NA feedback... right? Better just lurk around the JP forums and google translate what people is talking about in there.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Sad, but true. We got more info translated from a JP stream than the NA Rival Wings "preview", and long before they updated their NA dev blog with the same info.

I like the game, but I'm really not happy with how the NA community is treated. That goes double for being a PvPer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    The post in French from the community manager is replying that they are listening and gathering player feedback. Pretty much the same thing we've been told. Sadly, that's all I've got.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    That's all we ever get. And WE didn't even get that this time. . . Nice.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast