Player
    Character
    Oraphane Felina
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70

massive FPS and graphics issues

I experience massive graphics (stuttering graphics) and fps issues! I am on desktop PC , occured 2 days ago. Windows 10 latest update (1709) has installed 4 days ago, dunno if that causes the problem.
    My system: Windows 10 Home 64 bits 10.0 build 16299 ; Bios: I.A0 ; Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30Ghz (4 CPUs) 3.3GHz ; 16384MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070
    Game is almost unplayable, i used to play on 60fps and now it drops to 40fps. I play on high resolution 3840x2161
    (1)
    Last edited by Oraphane; 12-06-2017 at 08:09 PM.

Good Morning, and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Are you receiving any graphical glitches or is it simply a lowered frame rate?

This only occurred after the Windows 10 update correct? Before that you were playing with no issues? Has anything else on your computer updated recently?

What have you done to solve the issue up until this point? Are your graphics card drivers up to date? Additionally, have you tried lowering the resolution or graphics settings (even if your GPU can obviously handle it), does this have any effect, or does the frame rate remain constant regardless of what you choose?

If none of this seems to have any affect, try turning off Direct X 11 mode and see if this adds any more stability to the game. Also, disable any programs in the background while you are playing the game (again, even if your computer should be able to handle it).

If any of these solves your issue, please let us know so we can further assist others with the similar problems. We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Corsel Bandon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    The Windows Creators Update is to blame. My suggestion until this is fixed is to roll back to an earlier version of windows and then block the update until they resolve this. Just google "creators update."
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ash Primordial
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    There are really many people with fps issues since the windows update.
    I, myself cant figure out which solution works for me, I can't practically play anymore in borderless mode, it occasionally locks my framerate at 30fps(which is not really playable) even though it is set to lock at 60 fps. It will stay at 60 fps for some time until you open a menu or change an area, then it suddently drops to 30 and stays there until you change graphic settings again. For me only fullscreen mode fixes this.
    I played borderless window for some years with no problems.

There were also some more recent threads on reddit about this...

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...uns_at_30_fps/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...o_30_fps_only/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...me_fps_issues/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...s_my_pc_or_the

There are plenty of approaches in those threads but neither one of them worked for me.
    I removed windows game mode entirely, (what solved it for many) and this still happens. Powersaving functions, process priorities, properties of ff14 exe with disabled fullscreen optimization, driver settings, no driver settings, run as admin..and a few mode..idk...

Something doesn't work out at all since the windows update, I really don't like microsoft for pulling out such nonsense updates again, but I guess SE devs have to adjust and fix or give advises how to prevent it if its possible, they cant demand their whole playerbase to not update their pc...There can ofc be many different reasons in the end, but this feels more like there is one thing fundamentally wrong or not so many people would have this problem
    (1)

Good morning Commander_Justitia,

We recommend making your own thread (even if it is a similar issue) so that we can assist you directly. Be sure to give as much information as possible, about your issues and your PC.

We hope we can assist in improving your enjoyment of the game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Corsel Bandon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I was about to suggest you making your own thread for your problem(s) but the nice mod above me got to it already.

Commander, may I ask what GPU you're using? Is it anything from AMD by chance?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ash Primordial
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon View Post
    Is it anything from AMD by chance?
    Ye its a Radeon RX 570. ( Some recommendations included lowering the GPU frequency by a few mhz, I didnt to that, if you are refering to that, people use that to overclock usually and it would break warranty aswell even if you go lower)
    I'm gonna try to follow this thread, I'm aware that the support rather wants individual threads for each problem(thanks for the fast reply), it's fine though for me, maybe I find a solution here or in the future somewhere else. Playing in fullscreen is not the worst possible thing to happen, its just a bit annoying, especially with 2 displays, it always takes some extra seconds now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Corsel Bandon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Justitia View Post
    There are really many people with fps issues since the windows update.
    I, myself cant figure out which solution works for me, I can't practically play anymore in borderless mode, it occasionally locks my framerate at 30fps(which is not really playable) even though it is set to lock at 60 fps. It will stay at 60 fps for some time until you open a menu or change an area, then it suddently drops to 30 and stays there until you change graphic settings again. For me only fullscreen mode fixes this.
    I played borderless window for some years with no problems.

There were also some more recent threads on reddit about this...

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...uns_at_30_fps/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...o_30_fps_only/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...me_fps_issues/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...s_my_pc_or_the

There are plenty of approaches in those threads but neither one of them worked for me.
    I removed windows game mode entirely, (what solved it for many) and this still happens. Powersaving functions, process priorities, properties of ff14 exe with disabled fullscreen optimization, driver settings, no driver settings, run as admin..and a few mode..idk...

Something doesn't work out at all since the windows update, I really don't like microsoft for pulling out such nonsense updates again, but I guess SE devs have to adjust and fix or give advises how to prevent it if its possible, they cant demand their whole playerbase to not update their pc...There can ofc be many different reasons in the end, but this feels more like there is one thing fundamentally wrong or not so many people would have this problem
    Well, uhh yeah, they can. The problem does not lie with SE at all but with MS, and until MS fixes this, there's nothing that can be done but to roll back and block. It's just not FFXIV, but pretty much every game suffers from performance issues due to the update. The only exceptions are those using intel integrated graphics, in which case, those folks get a little boost. Which, to be fair, they make up 90% of PC users.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Corsel Bandon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Justitia View Post
    Ye its a Radeon RX 570. ( Some recommendations included lowering the GPU frequency by a few mhz, I didnt to that, if you are refering to that, people use that to overclock usually and it would break warranty aswell even if you go lower)
    I'm gonna try to follow this thread, I'm aware that the support rather wants individual threads for each problem(thanks for the fast reply), it's fine though for me, maybe I find a solution here or in the future somewhere else. Playing in fullscreen is not the worst possible thing to happen, its just a bit annoying, especially with 2 displays, it always takes some extra seconds now.
    Actually, overclocking or underclocking will not void most GPU warranties, especially by aftermarket companies other than Sapphire. And even if they did, there's no way for them to determine whether or not it was overclocked / underclocked actually... And a few mhz isn't going to shake up stability for you.
    (0)

Due to no response from the OP, we are going to assume this issue is resolved and will be moving this thread to "closed concerns". Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if this issue continues or if you have new issues.

Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)