Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexalibur View Post
    I'm not sure why it's such a black or white situation. We either stay with the old animations or get animations designed by Micheal Bay's team, that's not how it works. We can get a middle ground, something new and fresh. Nothing over the top but at least different, that's all. Something to consider.
    The biggest problem with flashy animations is actually not any single animation being too flashy. It's that every animation, no matter how sparse, is opaque, because programming transparent objects that will intersect with other transparent objects is a pain and not something the devs like to deal with. So everything's opaque, and when multiple animations happen on top of each other, we quickly reach a saturation that makes it difficult to see anything, even when we take a middle ground approach.
    (2)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Ragging Incubus
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    still think (elezen) blm running animation with their weapon out looks sily (like a stick up their @ss..).., ruins the immersion for me
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    I'd like freeze and ice to get a revamp.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ebon Haereticus
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    I was hoping to at least get a new animation for my main attack spell with 4.0. Maybe call it Fire V. Instead, they kept Fire IV and nerfed the potency.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    The thing is MCH had probably the most boring attack animations ever for most of the skills so their upgrade made sense in a way, but imho they went too far and honestly the heated skills doesn't look like the heat is affecting them (bar heated split shot).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Fodare Tribal
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 63
    it's hard to explain lore wise why combos are rng
    "Lorewise" shooting a gun like doesn't work, they'd never hit anything.

The problem with shooting like a normal person would it to need to have a character attacking at least once per second to make it cool.
    What? Why? In fact, "lorewise" someone using a gun should not be constantly attacking as they would need to reload, regardless of the type of ammo. Machinists behave like boring Mages with a gun, the machines don't behave like machines, they behave like magic generators.

IMO, Machinists should be played as half-rifler, half-trap setter. Using a choice of a wide variety of machines. I would put in abilities like "Take Aim" or "Use Scope", "Proximity Mine", "Ghillie Suit". What if a machinist carried around a backpack with spare parts and pockets to hold portable machines? What if they pulled out a handgun, for small damage, put it away, pulled out a shotgun for big damage, throw a specialized grenades for different types of aoes. They could even have machines that create beneficial aoes or heal - the autoturrets are a boring copout for low dps anyway.

It needs to be completely re-designed.
    (1)
    Last edited by fodare; 01-06-2018 at 05:51 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaLevossida View Post
    I was hoping to at least get a new animation for my main attack spell with 4.0. Maybe call it Fire V. Instead, they kept Fire IV and nerfed the potency.
    Honestly in the case of BLM. I really don't think à new spammable is needed. We are literally creating a small sun...
    If they are to add a fire V, I would like it to work like ruine 4 via a trait to improve an already existing skill (fire iii would fit perfectly)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Richard Butte
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by fodare View Post
    "Lorewise" shooting a gun like doesn't work, they'd never hit anything.

What? Why? In fact, "lorewise" someone using a gun should not be constantly attacking as they would need to reload, regardless of the type of ammo. Machinists behave like boring Mages with a gun, the machines don't behave like machines, they behave like magic generators.

IMO, Machinists should be played as half-rifler, half-trap setter. Using a choice of a wide variety of machines. I would put in abilities like "Take Aim" or "Use Scope", "Proximity Mine", "Ghillie Suit". What if a machinist carried around a backpack with spare parts and pockets to hold portable machines? What if they pulled out a handgun, for small damage, put it away, pulled out a shotgun for big damage, throw a specialized grenades for different types of aoes. They could even have machines that create beneficial aoes or heal - the autoturrets are a boring copout for low dps anyway.

It needs to be completely re-designed.
    I wouldn't mind a complete redesign for MCH.

It's a bloody mess of confusing ideas and bizarre mechanics that don't even seem to align with any of the previous iterations of machinists from FF games: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Machinist_(job)

Most machinists are described as using a VARIETY of gadgets to attack their enemies, some wielding hammers, others throwing grenades, etc.

Beyond that, the rotation is just kind of convoluted to the point where it feels more like plate spinning than something that's actually fun and satisfying to use.

As for the subject, the MCH's flashy animations could be viewed as an apology for the rest of the class being such a general mess... :P
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kikoku Hellfire
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    I was hoping that Monk would actually look like some Super Saiyan 4 fight scenes in battles when using their skills with grease lightning xD
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fannah Loydera
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by fodare View Post
    snip
    You're kinda out of topic, it's about animations here, you talk about game design. To make it short, all I meant was "animation would be boring if too realistic".

I don't see what reloading has to do here to counter my argument. You don't reload every bullet.

On top of that, I don't see how they behave like boring mages, nor about design, nor about animations. When you'll be MCH 70 and try to be optimal, I don't believe you'll feel like boring mages.

PS : I'm not for or against a machinist remake, it's just that it's out of topic imo.

Other than that, it doesn't "need" to be redesigned. Even if I agree we expected more different tools in their kit.
    They could just make another new class fitting more what the FF machinist could be.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fannah; 01-06-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast