Player
    Character
    Kira Thrinaria
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    Regarding mentor needing to clear ultimate or is week 1. This is a bit ridiculous for a few reasons,
    First the mentor system is meant to help new player, you don't need to have ultimate to help new healer with basic question / tips. (in other words, you don't need a PhD in math to teach addition ans multiplication)
    The class chat i talked about would be for everyone and not only beginners. It is not an novice chat afterall. I would make this strict and harsh rule, because square enix can't make sure that everyone with a crown knows what they are talking about, since nobody can expect them to make a 1 hour test with questions with everyone, before giving them the titel. Therefore you need to minimize people getting the icon without knowing what they are talking about and the only way to ensure this, is to create harsh restrictions. This of course doesn't mean someone without ultimate or an quick savage tier kill doesn't know what she/he talks about, but it is a possibilty.
    Second, you simply deny any potential good mentor simply because they werent there in day one or don't have enough time to raid on a regular basis.
    Someone who has down os1 in first week but stop raiding should be able to mentor but not someone who has it one month after but kept raising until OS4?
    Well as with everything something has to give. As i said, they can't do an test with everyone attempting to be mentor. Is it perfect? certainly not. By the way, i was suggestion that you clear ultimate (no timelimit there) or savage and by that i didn't mean v1, which was cleared by world first people in less than an hour, but the whole tier should be cleared in one week. That said, maybe you are right and they should do 1 month and not one week. One week is harsh and as you said sometimes you just don't have the time to clear it within a week.
    Finally, good raider doesn't mean good mentor. Many good raiders fail to carry their experience or adapt their speech to a less skilled audience.
    Absolutely true, but at least they know a lot about their class. Everyone does mistakes, but i've seen enough bad suggestions in the novice chat, to believe the only solution for an class chat, is to make it strict, so people can trust in what those mentors having to say. And even if you don't have the icon, you can still answer questions. It is not like only mentors can talk in there and you cant say anything xD

To your last part of the sentence. I have never had an problem with really, really good players when i asked something to get even better. In my experience the not so good players are the ones trying to insulting people, because they need to do that in order to feel superior. But the best people know what they can do and many of them in my experience gladly help out. Maybe you could ask Seb, since she is angered, if she shares the same opinion. There are very open discussions happending on discord servers for example and there you can meet very good players, including world first raider. You would be suprised how friendly and helpful some of them are. At least i was suprised
    The mantor job/role channel would in fact be much better and I think there should be a way for new player to rank up coms mentor so that a new player know they can ask.
    But above all else, a mentor status should be something you work to keep. Not something you have because you completed x dungeons and got y coms over 4 years.
    It should be something your retain by continuously answering question and helping out new players
    The class mentor would be different to the mentor you see in the novice chat. -> You could be both, either or not a mentor at all. I strongly believe, just answering questions doesn't cut it, because making bad suggestions for example can hurt more than saying nothing at all.

PS: Sorry for the off-topic. I already edited my last post for that reason, but he read it and i just wanted to reply to that then
    (0)
    Last edited by era1Ne; 01-22-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I expect a buff on MaleficIII of 10 (maybeeeee 20)
    I mean, it should at least be on par with BoilII.

What else, I wish for a spire rework. It's just utter trash. The TP recovery should simply be merged with Ewer and get a new effect.

Problem is, I don't see what could be done other than healing bonus. But even that would actually be better.
    Altough I would avoid it, AoE 10-15% more healing received or single target 20-30% is already better than TP altough we'd probly simply burn it. But hey, at leastttttt if I get in as a saved card with Sleeve Draw, I can use it on the tank for more heals.

Quote Originally Posted by era1Ne View Post
    snip
    After some clarification I see more where you're coming from.
    (3)
    Last edited by Sylvain; 01-22-2018 at 10:23 PM.

Player
    Character
    Inhaled Corn
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeducan View Post
    /snip
    These are all things I agree with, but here are other things I could see helping to help with QoL:

WHM: Lilies are also generated on crit Regen tics, and crit Aero II/III tics. Yeah, this could have bad WHMs try to spread the Regens to everyone in the party, but people are already spreading Cure Is and IIs to everyone in the party which is arguably worse. With this, there is some encouragement to actually DPS on WHM instead of its current system actively encouraging you to ignore it. In addition, if Plenary was a self-stacking buff with no cooldown instead of a buff that stacks on each, individual member, the skill could make for a very effective AoE heal bomb when you need it.

SCH: I'm still calling for Excog to have interaction with Deployment Tactic. If they do that, then, I don't think it should cost Aetherflow. Otherwise, I think it would be neat if Excog got a special effect if you place it then let it sit for a few seconds, you generate extra Fairy gauge points. In addition, ye gods, does Dissipation really need to be fixed since it has even further negative compatibility with our kit. Fey points can't be built if there is no fairy, and Dissipation locks you out of it. In addition, I'd like if the Adlo also got Succor's 150% shield of heal effect while still keeping the crit effect (and also giving Succor the crit effect) so that Emergency Tactics on Adlo isn't bleh. (I'd like a future trait where Fairy crit Embraces reduce Emergency Tactics recast time by a few seconds, but one thing at a time)

AST: I think Lightspeed could use some buffs. I think if they remove the damage decrease, it would see a lot more use since it does reduce the MP cost of spells (because AST can have some difficulties with MP management) and AST has massive GCD clipping issues. This could fix a lot of that. In addition, change the Hyper Lightspeed trait to be tied to Draw instead of Essential Dignity.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Corpse Flower
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by inhaledcorn View Post
    stuff
    Nickpick, but these aren't QoL buffs. These are just straight up buffs.
    Excog is already good, taking away the aether cost and making it aoe makes it just free-indom-but-better instead of just lustrate-plus. Dissipation has had indirect buffs and it does interact with our kit already. It takes less mana to resummon your faerie and only takes 3 seconds. You get 3 aetherflow which interacts with our quickened aetherflow. Dissipation is fine, there's even moments when you can use it at no opportunity cost even in savage fights as long as you look for them. Buffing adlo or succor would be out of left field, there's nothing wrong with them and succor just got a buff.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Diantha Sunstone
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Selene get's modded. Silent Dusk is fixed and her Aetherpact is an AoE.

.... hey I can dream, right?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lystaria Luciano
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    One thing that I would love to see on both SCH and SMN is the pet abilities being swapped depending on which pet you have summoned. This would make my life so much easier and it would mean that I dont have to use macros to get the same effect.
    (4)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9