Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Player
    Character
    Callus Frompt
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    I did make the comment as something super petty of me, it's just a pet peeve of mine and if they did actually address it I can see them taking away MP from the DRK's pool rather than cut the mana costs of abilities.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aleph Alpha
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    They probably will add more aggro multipliers to our tank stances.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sakura Yukimoto
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Because, I, like most DRKs want changes, here's my wish list:

Buffed Action: The Blackest Night: Additional effect added: Restores 1,200 MP if the shield dissipates naturally. Now lasts 8s. Recast increased to 18s.
    TBN has always bugged me with the server ticks and latency. Increasing its duration and recast is a good fix to get around the technical issues. Additionally, restoring part of the cost should the ability fail for whatever reason, looking at you, healers... is for the best. The MP restoration also eases the high learning curve of this move.

"New" Action: Scourge: Delivers an attack with a potency of 100. Additional effect: damage over time, 40 potency, 30s. Additional effect: increases the target's vulnerability to magic damage by 5% for 30s.
    DRK desperately needs utility and damage. This would give them some of both while opening up more compositions in the meta.

Revised Action: Dark Passenger: Potency increased to 150. Dark Arts potency increased to 280. Dark Arts effect changed: Lowers damage dealt by all targets by 5% for 10s.
    This is purely to fix dark passenger. It's obvious they don't want it used often for single target, but let's be honest, Dark Passenger/Souleater is the big DRK move. No one should not use this on cooldown. Changing the blind to flat damage reduction just fits in better with the game as it is and sures up lower level mitigation on trash.

Revised Action: Soul Survivor: Additional effect added: Increases damage you deal to the target by 10%.
    Soul Survivor needs a use on bosses with little to no adds, such as Bahamut Prime. Making it a personal damage boost also fits in with DRK's toolkit.

Revised Action: Plunge: Additional effect: Resets the recast timer for the Blackest Night.
    Sometimes, you need to shield two targets. Sometimes you need rapid heavy mitigation.

Removed Action: Blood Pact
    This thing is garbage.

Revised Action: Blood Sword: Can now be used in Grit. And its MP regeneration applies to magical damage.
    No blood pact basically requires this.

New Action: Blood Mist: Chokes the target with blood mist, reducing the damage dealt by the target's next attack by 15%. 10s duration, 120s recast.
    More tank utility. DRK is an offensive counterpart to PLD, it should look like one.

Nerfed Action: Syphon Strike: No longer has a Dark Arts combo potency.
    This is mostly to reduce complexity to make up for the complexity in DPS added by Soul Survivor and Dark Passenger.

Nerfed Action: Darkside: Now drains MP passively again.
    This is to fix the stupid overflow of MP. There's just too much MP coming in as everyone else has mentioned.

General change: Dark Knight basic attacks and all Dark Knight actions now does magic damage.
    This is just for justify Scourge more and because lore would hint at this, since DRKs fight with enchanted swords cloaked in umbral magic.
    (0)
    Last edited by MiniPrinny; 12-13-2017 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Character cap!
    Something... something... edginess... shadows... wait... I'm supposed to be a paragon of love and justice!

Player
    Character
    Lythia Norvaine
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Just with regards to the MP pool discussion: DRK still uses roughly HW proportions between Syphon Strike, DA, and your max MP. The problem with this is that MP generation is much higher in SB with the removal of Darkside's drain effect. This makes it a lot more difficult to "float" your MP between the two extremes, because you're required to handle a much higher incoming rate of MP. A larger MP pool relative to Syphon Strike/DA would give you more room to manoeuvre (due to the larger "storage capacity").

Blood Price is a bit of a wasted ability. Look at this bit of lore:

"So as I was saying, that heretic was fighting like a man possessed. Even after he took several wounds, he showed no sign of pain─though there was no mistaking the blood. As the fight wore on, it began to soak through his armor, spreading to every ilm of his body. But when it began to rise and envelop him as a mist, I realized it wasn't blood, but something dark and twisted..."

I understand the balance difficulty with an ability which gives you resources for being hit. It's bound to be either very powerful or very weak depending on how it's tuned. They could have just re-purposed it as a defensive cooldown - perhaps let its defensive power scale with the amount of damage taken while it's active. As you bleed out, it soaks into your armour, reinforcing it. Either way, I'd rather them change it if they don't think that they can safely balance it, instead of getting a deliberately undertuned action.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gulvioir Muruc
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyth View Post
    Just with regards to the MP pool discussion: DRK still uses roughly HW proportions between Syphon Strike, DA, and your max MP. The problem with this is that MP generation is much higher in SB with the removal of Darkside's drain effect. This makes it a lot more difficult to "float" your MP between the two extremes, because you're required to handle a much higher incoming rate of MP. A larger MP pool relative to Syphon Strike/DA would give you more room to manoeuvre (due to the larger "storage capacity")
    I'll take your word on this , I always found dark knight rather rhythmic in its rise and fall of mp with party buffs. If they increased our mp pool to 13K thats fine and well, I just think it is important to note that it doesn't add anything meaningful to Dark Knight DPS, it would still be behind paladin over the duration of any single target fight that matters.

However, increasing the proportion of mp restored could be a vehicle to raise dark knights dps through more dark arts. Really a huge number of dark knight's problems would go away with just raising our resource generation and increasing the duration of mitigation. A 20% increase to resource generation and 50% boost to mitigation duration could be just what the doctor ordered.

Though Dark Knight would still be boned in the area of raid utility.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Khirrika Moshroca
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    The DRK discussion has bled into the dps forums it's so bad.
    (1)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8