Player
    Character
    Met Rhukon
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekimmak View Post
    But can't that also be countered by having a healer keep their own viking alive to make it a stalemate?
    I guess it assumes red is sending enough people to mid to hold the generator so even if some red healers start healing the mammets they're still outnumbered. Remember healers can attack mammets, too, so they only need to heal enough to keep them up then the rest of the time is spent dismantling the red ones.

I think this happened to our team tonight and I was near alone trying to fend off mammets and a few healers at our tower. It fell almost instantly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ichi Exorz
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Considering how many objectives there are its gnna take a while for ppl to come up with what the most effective way is to play this game mode.
    Right now people are just trying to counter whichever strategy is popular at the moment.
    I hope it all balances out & everyone spreads out on the map properly instead of running around zerging everything.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mirchea Luslec
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    I like when my team goes around the map killing people and mechs alike
    (0)

Player
    Character
    O-o O-o
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 1
    I never see SE implementing something like this, but if there was some visual merit symbol next to a person's name in pvp instance chat that displayed their veteran status or experience in pvp it would help players decide whose strategy has the most veracity vs the person who plays 6 games makes an elaborate macro, slaps on pvp mentor and thinks they understand how pvp works over someone with over 1k Frontline victories, winrate etc.

Idk like bronze star =500 pvp victories and scale up. 'Shrugs'

You just see someone yelling to pull out opps when 2 enemy brutes are up and you try to explain why that's a bad idea and you have better luck convincing a door mat...but then people still get the opps out anyway cause i mean he made a macro and sounds like he knows what he's talking about...

My brain hurts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    I generally do my best to make good calls, but I'm in the camp that prefers not to tunnel mid all match, so I'm not surprised people will question or second guess me.

I've been fortunate to have teams - my immediate light party - that generally follow through with my initial tactics, or back me up on push attempts. I feel like that makes all the difference at times.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Loki Lux
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Idk I've won games just on tanks, and some games just on generator.

The past few games the other team just stacked healers on the generator so there was no retaking it so we made do with tanks and pushing the points. It all depends on the people in your parties, mech ability, and the ability to adapt to a changing situation.
    (1)

"Within each of us, the potential for great power waits to be released."

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Exactly. Adaptability is key, as is pressure and momentum.

If they want to stack healers to block the generator, ignore the healers there, grab CE by other means and aggressively attack everything else. It's "harder" in that it may take more work/effort, but it is an effective counter to that. If you make their holding mid irrelevant, then what advantage do they have with just that?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shion Virai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    tfw someone spams macros with sound attached over mid so much, that you have to mute the volume on the game
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I have an easier time pushing mammets and completely ignoring the generator.
    Way too many people think that the centre spot is more valuable than it really is. Yes its good to have but I've won games where we've never had it. On the flip side I've lost matches because half the alliance in there defending the generator leaving the towers alone.
    (2)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    I have an easier time pushing mammets and completely ignoring the generator.
    Way too many people think that the centre spot is more valuable than it really is. Yes its good to have but I've won games where we've never had it. On the flip side I've lost matches because half the alliance in there defending the generator leaving the towers alone.
    This. So much this.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2