Player
    Character
    Khalith Mateo
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

Time to increase airship components?

My free company has been working hard on building the various airship parts that we've unlocked so far but after doing some research i learned that the maximum components you can have is only 61. It's rather frustrating being unable to fully equip each airship with a set, having to mix and match isn't fun. Being able to fully outfit each set is much more satisfying and gives each airship a real sense of being complete.

So I think it's about time to drastically increase the ranks or completely redo the component cost of each piece, there is no reason why a maximum rank airship shouldn't be able to equip all four Viltgance pieces.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lele Inoch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Probably when we get submarines, I don't really see them adjust it before that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ali Lifesaver
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    They won't, ever, the point is to force you to choose what stats you want to focus on.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Arle Egress
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by alimdia View Post
    They won't, ever, the point is to force you to choose what stats you want to focus on.
    This 100%

The point is to use different parts to increase the stats you really want on a ship. Do you want a fast ship? Do you want a ship that brings back tons of loot? You can't have everything! You gotta choose.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hundred View Post
    These forums are so melodramatic I feel like I'm watching a latin soap opera.
    Any moment now it will be revealed that WHM is cheating on SCH with MNK after having had DRG's baby and DRG is WHM's cousin who is already married to PLD.

Player
    Character
    Khalith Mateo
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by alimdia View Post
    Which they do without providing an accurate in-game decsription of what they do and I think that's bad design. If they're going to give us a full set of parts to make then yes, we should be able to outfit all of them on a single ship. Now, if we want to customize and focus on stats that should be an option but so should having it be good all around by using all of the components we want.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalithar View Post
    Which they do without providing an accurate in-game decsription of what they do and I think that's bad design.
    Part if the fun was figuring it out!
    But that's over, it's figured out. Part of MMOs is player communication and the ease of finding information from others.
    (0)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Marcellus Cassius
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    I think airships is a done deal, gotta wait for subs now.
    (0)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus_Cassius View Post
    I think airships is a done deal, gotta wait for subs now.
    There's plenty of those to be found on Balmung.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Rhin Str'iden
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I hate how they tease us by letting us build models of all 7 possible airship types so we can see what they look like when they're properly assembled, but only the lower three tiers (Bronco, Invincible, Enterprise) are actual possible ship combos. Even a full Invincible II is 3 points over the airframe capacity limit.

It's another smack in the face of all FC airship engineers that some of the recommended airship configurations in this thread are ugly as sin. My sense of aeronautical aesthetics cries at this.

Unfortunately the only way this is ever going to get fixed would to completely rework the airship stat system. I’d propose the following :
    • Instead of stats being affected by individual airframe component, stats are freely allocated from a point pool up to a maximum rating of 150.
    • This ‘airframe tuning capacity’ pool increases as each airship levels up. Additional ‘bonus’ capacity for all ships is unlocked by set amounts when your company builds a new set of airship parts of the same type for the first time (representing increased airship expertise and availability of improved components/techniques respectively). Tuning capacity would start at 350 for a level 1 airship with only Bronco parts constructed and would increase to say 500 for a level 50 airship with all 7 airship types constructed.
    • Tuning an airship’s stats via the tuning capacity pool is done using a system similar to adjusting the stats on a relic weapon, requiring a requisite amount of airship repair materials (renamed to airship maintenance materials, as they will now be used to both repair and retune airships).

This way the incentive for building new airship parts shifts from getting optimal stats to increasing company airship tuning capacity. Companies will also be able to tune their fleet for specific goals of faster turnaround, increased collection, or greater exploration capability. Finally as individual components are no longer tied to specific stat ratings companies would be free to configure ships to their own design tastes without compromising airship stats.
    (1)
    Last edited by Random0; 12-02-2017 at 08:19 AM.