Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mimiji Miji
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Did people think they were only going to add new areas to Shirogane? I don't get why the article had to bold that part like it was important... :B
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimilu View Post
    Did people think they were only going to add new areas to Shirogane? I don't get why the article had to bold that part like it was important... :B
    Yeah the number of wards has always been equal for all areas, so that news is a longer way of saying no changes. Not only same number of wards per city, but same per world too despite different world populations. That's just the way it has been designed.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lele Inoch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Siniztor View Post
    He all ready said back in Oct. in the thread he posted here all 4 wards will get housing...............

"we will be working to bolster our servers in preparation for additional wards in the Lavender Beds, the Goblet, Mist, and Shirogane by patch 4.2."

But where dose it say this "Equal numbers of plots". I see this "an appropriate amount of additional wards to all four existing housing" but if they were smart they double what ever number they have now for Shirogane seems the order of housing demand is Shirogane>Mist>Beds>Goblet. Your titles a little miss leading since some people are really hopeing they add more to Shirogane then other wards
    Did you read the article?

"Equal numbers of plots will be added to all four housing areas, so please keep in mind that we won’t simply be adding a large number of wards to Shirogane because it was so popular."

Quote Originally Posted by Nyvara View Post
    Yoshi goes on to say in the article...

"We also are planning the implementation of new specifications related to the purchasing system as well, but we will announce further details as we get closer to release. We would like to give all players equal information on the system while avoiding any extensive preparations prior to the release of these changes, so your understanding on the wait for updates would be greatly appreciated."

This seems very promising. As a new player one of the things that brought me here was having a housing system.
    It must be nice to be optimistic lol joking aside. We've been burned so many times and it feels like it same old "fix". I really hope they do make it better this time but i doubt it but we'll see when they make the official announcement
    (2)

Player

Regarding their comments regarding adding something akin to the terrace, I wonder if they could just make it so a room is viewed as being outdoors when it is not. So people can use all the functions and goodies that are only usable outside. Sure it would not be as pretty as a terrace, but could make it a green house or something. It is still could be within the same server that handles / progresses them interior.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyvara View Post
    Yoshi goes on to say in the article...

[..]
    This seems very promising. As a new player one of the things that brought me here was having a housing system.
    It really depends..if its a lottery system than nothing much changes. Now you just need luck with getting chosen in the lottery instead of the luck to be able to log in. In the end if they do not introduce a really big amount of houses (and much more large and middle ones) this will change nothing. Some might get lucky and get a house (mostly a small one) and most will still be without one.
    (1)
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Player
    Character
    Pastahnak Popotonak
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    It looks like they are gunna add some sort of system to allow FCs to get houses before individual players because they are looking at the number of active FCs without housing. Hopefully they dont consider shell FCs to be active, but we all know they will.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Julianna Arrisit
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    The fact that Yoshi stated that added wards to each of the housing areas is old news. SE added wards before to what housing districts that existed at the time, equally.

What is new to me that SE is looking into the number of active players who own houses and the number of active FC's who don't own housing. Wondering what that could mean for housing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sin Catvrix
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Arazehl View Post
    The fact that Yoshi stated that added wards to each of the housing areas is old news. SE added wards before to what housing districts that existed at the time, equally.

What is new to me that SE is looking into the number of active players who own houses and the number of active FC's who don't own housing. Wondering what that could mean for housing.
    I hope by active players they look into each char thats holding a house, not just the account its self. i know 4 people who are no longer on my server holding 4 houses 2 larges and 2 meds for no reason they dont play the char they just took over dead fc's... play time on them char is once every 45 days wile there on there main
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Julianna Arrisit
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Siniztor View Post
    I hope by active players they look into each char thats holding a house, not just the account its self. i know 4 people who are no longer on my server holding 4 houses 2 larges and 2 meds for no reason they dont play the char they just took over dead fc's... play time on them char is once every 45 days wile there on there main
    Yeah well I think that loop hole stinks too. I would rather see them implement 1 private house and one fc house per account. If you transfer servers, then you also give up your right to own a house on your previous server. They must then start anew to purchase a house on their new server.

And yes I think the 45 day inactive rule should be put back into place. Too many houses are sitting once again collecting dust.
    (0)

Character
    Beckard Arseneau
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastahnak View Post
    It looks like they are gunna add some sort of system to allow FCs to get houses before individual players because they are looking at the number of active FCs without housing. Hopefully they dont consider shell FCs to be active, but we all know they will.
    I think that line was mostly just about looking at the total amount of houses need to support the demand from both players without houses, and FCs without houses.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast