Character
    Scott Pilgrim
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlantaa View Post
    IT IS NOT my ISP.
    I'm afraid it probably is though, based on the fact lots of people (myself included) aren't having any of these problems you're describing because our ISPs are most likely routing us to the servers a different way.

But the only way to definitely say where the blame lies is to post some traceroutes. My guess is everyone in this thread is either using the same ISP or your ISPs are all routing you through a same problematic node (traceroutes will show the path to the server), but without any actual data to look at (traceroute...) SE don't have anything to on either.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    X'lantaa Lizhashen
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by worldofneil View Post
    I'm afraid it probably is though, based on the fact lots of people (myself included) aren't having any of these problems you're describing because our ISPs are most likely routing us to the servers a different way.

But the only way to definitely say where the blame lies is to post some traceroutes. My guess is everyone in this thread is either using the same ISP or your ISPs are all routing you through a same problematic node (traceroutes will show the path to the server), but without any actual data to look at (traceroute...) SE don't have anything to on either.
    Well. One thinks is clear. This happens to different points in Europe, not in the same country or even the same ISP. Also, it started after that weird maintenance the Saturday 18th. It happens at the same time every few minutes. It is obvious servers or servers ISP problems rather that our local ISPs.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Scott Pilgrim
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    This happens to different points in Europe, not in the same country or even the same ISP.
    Different ISPs (and in different countries) will still use overlapping routes to get to the destination. The SE servers are located in one place (in Germany) and each ISP does not have their own individual route to the servers.

Also, it started after that weird maintenance the Saturday 18th.
    Okay, but that alone isn't evidence it's SE, it may just be coincidence. Lots of changes happen within the Internets infrastructure each day.

It happens at the same time every few minutes. It is obvious servers or servers ISP problems rather that our local ISPs.
    If it were SE problems then EVERYONE would be getting these issues (and there would be a lot more complaints). Clearly it's not happening to everyone.

The best thing you (and others who are affected) can do is run some traceroutes and display your results. Without that it's just going around in circles as without any data to look at it's just guesswork as to where the problem is.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Primal Ishtar
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    ive been getting these small lags lasts 2 to 5 seconds and started after 4.15 was implemented. i play on moogle and on the ps4 its not really bad but i notice it every time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lulufi Lufi
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I'm having the same problem and so are a few friends of mine, which are not in the same country as me. It started roughly 2 weeks ago. Maybe it has something to do with the network maintenance they did on the 18th of November?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Riko Futatabi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90

I don't play on EU data center, but...

...I do occasionally ping them to see if I also have issues there, which I do see a problem with 1 node on my route to the Chaos data center.

Ignore the 100% loss from the second hop, it's normal. But the 4th node has a staggering 82% packet loss right now. It's provided by Level3, this node has actually always been an issue with me. However it was usually around 15~20% packet loss, not 80%~ lol. Something is very wrong with the router there in London.

Code:
    |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    |                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
    |                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
    |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
    |                          SkyRouter.Home -    0 |  111 |  111 |    0 |    0 |    2 |    1 |
    |                   No response from host -  100 |   23 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
    |             be365.pr2.hobir.isp.sky.com -    0 |  110 |  110 |   16 |   36 | 2024 |   16 |
    |         lag-102.ear1.London1.Level3.net -   82 |   27 |    5 |    0 |  272 | 1293 |   17 |
    |   ae-1-3107.edge5.Frankfurt1.Level3.net -    0 |  110 |  110 |   25 |   44 | 2032 |   26 |
    |                            212.162.4.98 -    0 |  110 |  110 |   25 |   46 | 2033 |   26 |
    |                            195.82.60.29 -    0 |  110 |  110 |   25 |   47 | 2042 |   26 |
    |                            195.82.61.14 -    0 |  110 |  110 |   25 |   45 | 2031 |   26 |
    |                           195.82.50.234 -    0 |  110 |  110 |   25 |   44 | 2032 |   28 |
    |                             195.82.50.9 -    0 |  110 |  110 |   25 |   44 | 2031 |   25 |
    |________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
    I used WinMTR app, it's really helpful in pinpointing where the packet loss/delayed packets are coming from. Perhaps more people can use this and post the results and maybe we can see if there's any pattern forming? :3
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sandamar Delys
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    I am experiencing some random lag spike since the 18th of November exactly. The packet are happening at some telia.net nodes. The lag isn't insane but since I am monitoring the connection I can see that there is some packet loss every now and then it's still playable even though it's irritating
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sandamar Delys
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    if you havent checked yet, its because the datacentres ISP was doing maint at that time, so SE did take servers down for the same time.
    I find it funny that since their ISP (and not ours) did a maintenance some people accross Europe get random lag spikes now
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Karan_Vess View Post
    Ever since patch 4.15 my static and me have been getting lag spikes that can range from 1 to 10 seconds of nothing happening and then going back to normal. The spikes for me are infrequent and usually very short while my static reports they get lots of spikes of varying duration. They seem to occur during any kind of content, including raids, dungeons, overworld, etc.
    Is anyone else getting this? Does anyone know what's going on?
    Hello! Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XIV!

I really apologize for the issues you are experiencing! I would like to try and assist you with this. Please provide me with the following information:

Type of internet connection/provider:
    Modem maker/model number:
    Platform:

Thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lloyd Irving
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I have been lagging hard on odin since saturday its so bad its affecting my gameplay both in pve/pvp
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast