Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Hott Cocoa
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    More masculine male outfits might make me fantasia to a guy. Adding the bunny outfit for males would not entice me to switch when I can already wear that. More masculine glamours for males, yes please.
    (20)

Player
    Character
    Tristain Archambeau
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrius View Post
    Because female characters in mmo's have been, are, and will be a better target for making income when it comes to outfits.
    You need to look only at various (high) Fantasy F2P mmo's to see which audience the most stuff will get.
    Dunno what you mean. Depending on the region, as many male chars are played as female, if not more. The proportions don't vary greatly enough for this excuse to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrius View Post
    It doesn't matter what's the population is - It's more the question which gender is ready to pour more of their income into the shop?
    And given the galleries of some glamour websites there's a defining trend towards the female characters which the players are more willing to invest in, for fashion reasons, than their counterpart.
    If you provide more and better female glamours, a self-fulfilling prophesy will arise where people playing females invest more in their glamours. This isn't due to the business sense of it, it is due to what players find available to them as a result of the business's decisions. You've made a circular argument, and that's about it.

It's already bad enough that some of the gear on this shop (e.g. the noble outfits) outstrips the dropped gear in instances, in a rather pricy sub-based MMO.

Also, on an unrelated note, I find it funny that Lyse's only redeeming traits in her bland performance is her outfit, and this one isn't even particularly great.
    (9)
    Last edited by Lauront; 11-28-2017 at 05:14 AM.
    When the game's story becomes self-aware:

Player
    Character
    Novia Marius
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi_Bushido View Post
    Adding the bunny outfit for males would not entice me to switch when I can already wear that. More masculine glamours for males, yes please.

The male bunny outfit isn't really meant to entice people to fanta as much as its to give guys something they should have had years ago. But yes to manly glams too. The new MNK set with the tattoos is awesome. More stuff in that vein would be fun.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Tristain Archambeau
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Whilst we're at it, I hope they added some better BLM outfits. Their design choices have been uninspiring for a while now.
    (2)
    When the game's story becomes self-aware:

Player
    Character
    Ryelle Galashin
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Serilda View Post
    It's not based on statistics (they believe they have more subscribers who main male characters; whether or not they're correct is an irrelevant point as it's just anecdotal evidence).
    The relevant statistic would be who spends more on glamours, rather than just subscribers.

It's not commercially sound (they can see how much money on unnecessary extra junk I spend on this game - it's a lot, and not everyone unhappy with this treatment is even staying to pay a subscription).
    There's no doubt there are players who want more glamour for male characters. I think the relevant question is whether that's the norm, or if those players are a relatively small number.

It's not based on history, because when ARR launched and became a success glamour options were 100% equal between male and female characters.
    I don't understand this argument at all. ARR launched with even glamours, and since then, they've become uneven. Doesn't that imply that Square Enix, who has hard data on exactly who glamours what, has seen that there's more demand for female glamours?

It's not because SB 'happened' to have more female characters they could use, because they still chose to lock the outfits. I'm happy there are so many female NPCs. But there's no rational justification for locking hotpants and a jacket.
    They started locking (male) outfits after people complained that the genders weren't being treated fairly. When they first started doing gendered sets, like the bridesmaid/best man's sets, they generally left the male version unisex while the female version was locked.

Given how Square Enix has acted here, I think it's safe to assume that they think female glamours are more lucrative. We can argue until we're blue in the face about why they think that, but we don't have access to any real data. Square Enix, on the other hand, do.
    (1)
    Last edited by Talraen; 11-28-2017 at 05:57 AM.

Hello, everyone!

Since we’re constantly taking various factors into consideration when deciding on the release time frame for gear, there may be instances, such as this, where female-specific gear is released back-to-back. With that said, we do want to assure you that we’re preparing male-specific gear to be released in the future, so we hope you're looking forward to it!
    (31)
    Aya "Sicycre" Montoya - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Renard Lefeuvre
    World
    Yojimbo
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Talraen View Post
    The relevant statistic would be who spends more on glamours, rather than just subscribers.
    I think it's reasonable to assume it would be the group who have more access to glamours, yes. It's like the logic that girls glamour more because the Thavnairian Bustier is one of the most popular glamour items every census - except girls can also wear the male version, and choose not to. Because the female version looks better. The fanmade designs to adapt it to males by deleting some of the cloth were stunning, and easy to implement with existing assets.

Given how Square Enix has acted here, I think it's safe to assume that they think female glamours are more lucrative. We can argue until we're blue in the face about why they think that, but we don't have access to any real data. Square Enix, on the other hand, do.
    That's another problem I have with their attitude towards us. It justifies the insulting comments people make, like the one earlier today that we should be happy we even got a Hannish shirt model at all instead of complaining. I hate being angry all the time, and being led on. If they'd just came out and admitted they hate male characters I'd have moved on a long time ago instead of flaming up the forums every few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Hello, everyone!

Since we’re constantly taking various factors into consideration when deciding on the release time frame for gear, there may be instances, such as this, where female-specific gear is released back-to-back. With that said, we do want to assure you that we’re preparing male-specific gear to be released in the future, so we hope you're looking forward to it!
    Thank you for the response. Please, please, please pass the feedback back up the chain if you can; I cannot understate how utterly demoralising playing a male character feels these days. It's not just because of the pattern of releasing these two recent outfits; they're just events which further twist the knife.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Shadow Link'
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Hello, everyone!

Thanks for your response! I'm glad you guys were looking into this matter.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannigan View Post
    Shirk is how you high five the other tank for the tag out. They raise their hand up with provoke and you tag it with shirk. Don't leave them hanging.

Player
    Character
    Vice Shark
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Hello, everyone!

Can we ask what sort of factors you guys are taking in?

I ask this because we're getting the impression that the top factor here seems be SE getting the impression that we want more fem glams when the population's has actually been requesting unisex and/or more male glam to equate the fem glam numbers.
    (21)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rein_eon_Osborne View Post
    Healing DRK is literally... the same since ShB. The reason why people think it's a meme to heal nowadays because DRK receives very little to no buff to their sustainability vs 3 other tanks getting something useful. If you're capable of healing DRK back in ShB (or any tanks), then you'll heal EW DRK just fine.

Player
    Character
    Niel Kalverra
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauront View Post
    If you provide more and better female glamours, a self-fulfilling prophesy will arise where people playing females invest more in their glamours. This isn't due to the business sense of it, it is due to what players find available to them as a result of the business's decisions. You've made a circular argument, and that's about it.
    And what makes it less creditable? It is a fact, nothing else, that Fantasy mmo's tend to pool their attention and efforts in certain directions, and outfits are no exception.

Because it's profitable to do so, nothing else. And if that said direction results in a bigger revenue, then you can bet they'll pick up on that.
    Until the playerbase makes a big enough stink in equal of the recent Battle Front 2 debacle, that is.
    (0)
    Last edited by Arrius; 11-28-2017 at 06:27 AM.

Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast