I'm not going to post about the actual mode itself or job balance (I'll leave that to the thread in the PVP forum). But so far I've been having a few minor issues with the interface itself in Rival Wings, and I'd like to list them here in the hope that it can be improved. My descriptions will make me sound really incompetent but with these UI problems it does feel that way a lot of the time! I want to get better

1. Team colours.

The big one. We had this before with Frontline, and after years of feedback we gained the ability to choose our own colours for the three GCs which affected player names and also map markers. This change was huge for me, and there were other people with visual impairments who felt the same way - finally, we could clearly see which team was which and not have the silly situation where playing on Maelstrom made enemies and team alike different shades of blue.

The Feast doesn't honour this with its red/blue configuration, but with only a few players on each side it's really not an issue. Coordination is pretty simple even though configuration would be a nice option to have (conditional ally team/enemy team colours would be my preference, though configurable overrides for Claws/Fangs would still be better than nothing).

However, Rival Wings just came out and I've been playing with some friends who are new to PVP. Every single time a new friend joins and we're on the red team, they exclaim that it's weird that enemy players have red nameplates and blue map markers, and vice versa. And they're right. It is weird. Our robots are red, but our allies have blue nameplates, and enemy robots are blue, but their nameplates are the default colour. In big scuffles with lots of mammets running around, I spend more time running the wrong way and targeting the wrong things than I should. I also eat AoEs I could have avoided if I didn't have to pause to try to work out whether blue was likely to be friendly or not before moving.

I've started to hate getting put on the red team for this completely avoidable reason.

Please, please, please, please, add the ability for us to customise the team colours in Rival Wings, affecting enemy map markers, robot map markers, coloured AoE target symbols and nameplates. I don't care about towers and cores, they're fine. Just people. I want the Ravens to be uniformly red, and the Falcons to be uniformly blue, and for my PVP configuration to take what team I'm on into consideration and make everything match without messing up my PVE colours. Just like you did for Frontline when it was an issue there. Please

2. Party colours.

Just a tiny one, but since there are so many small groups now it's very easy to lose your party in the sea of icons on the minimap, especially when you're on the red team and your party is blue. Can we have a PVP-specific setting for party minimap colours? I stopped playing healer because I was getting too frustrated at my team all running away because they found it too hard to see where their immediate party members were in the throng.

3. Markers.

This is another small thing, but it would be really nice to have personal or party-only target markers too, or at least target markers for A-F so that each party can take a specific one. Since it's common for the team to split and fight across several different fronts at once in Rival Wings, we end up with a lot of accidental clashing when it comes to moving the target indicators around - in concentrated maps like Shatter or Seal Rock it was easy to see whether someone else was using Circle and move to using 4 instead.

4. Robot abilities.

I don't use a mouse, which means whenever I use the various pet bars in the game I have no idea what the description of the ability I'm about to use actually is (this has been an issue since Steps of Faith). If I have enough time, I can activate the awful virtual mouse and mouseover the abilities to read them then, but nobody is going to thank me for summoning Brute Justice and standing in the starting area for 2 minutes before deactivating the virtual mouse and heading out into battle. So of course what actually happens is that I charge out, don't use my moves all that efficiently and end up playing suboptimally for my team. I'll learn the abilities fully over time, of course, and I can use a separate laptop as a cheatsheet, but it would be a lot kinder for new players starting out with Rival Wings if there was some kind of in-game UI indication as to what kind of ability it was. For example, perhaps abilities which are only strong against objects could have a different colour icon, or objects which need ground targeting could have a border so you know you need to aim that after firing. This could be an optional setting for accessibility purposes so that mouse-users could continue to enjoy their line of identical-looking red robot poses and full detailed descriptions of each ability.

5. Mammet targeting.

Please make it easier to filter the mammets out; they make targeting enemy players in big skirmishes very painful. I don't mind targeting the enemy ones, but I have an enemies-only filter and I still have to scroll through the friendly ones a lot of the time when I'm DPSing. I have no intention of targeting the friendly mammets. They're annoying. They are also a pain when healing now that we have smaller parties and more alliances - it's harder than ever to target friendly players outside of my party (especially when they end up being unhealable and in a robot) without a mouse, and the mammets really don't help.