Character
    Ali Lifesaver
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    I'm not thrilled by the idea.
    PS4 and 360 have similar specs, there will be no limitations excuse. However, the switch has no place here, allowing the switch is like allowing PS3 support all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by RiyahArp View Post
    I don't think Microsoft would pursue FFXIV.
    You have this odd misconception that consoles can only have one MMO. Xbox getting Black Desert has nothing to do with whether they work with FFXIV or not.
    (4)

Character
    Riyah Arpeggio
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by alimdia View Post
    You have this odd misconception that consoles can only have one MMO. Xbox getting Black Desert has nothing to do with whether they work with FFXIV or not.
    They don't need FFXIV when they have it. It's their AAA MMO. The consoles generally can't support a lot of MMOs, especially AAA ones. Plus, they don't have any real japanese presence, so if anything Korean MMOs are a much better fit.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mide Uyagir
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Ew, no thanks. More platforms = more limitations in design = more excuses from SE about why we can't have this or that.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Hayward Timberwolf
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    The Switch's power isn't as much an issue to me as the file size. Panic Button's getting Doom and possibly Wolfenstein II onto the Switch is nothing short of mind-blowing (not to mention the remaster of L.A. Noire from R*), so the power argument is not very daunting. Moreover, the Switch's resolution tops out at 1080p (docked) & 720p (handheld), which is quite manageable with sufficient optimization (I know, that's a dirty word among American developers). What has me stumped is how SE will get ARR, Heavensward, and Stormblood onto one cart. 32GB+ carts would be possible by the time all the haggling is done, but would the prices drop sufficiently to keep the retail price within reason? That's the more concerning issue.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mature Rudlum
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    The problem here is MS they won't allow it because they don't want members to bypass the LIVE sub.

That's your issue right there.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ali Lifesaver
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by RiyahArp View Post
    The consoles generally can't support a lot of MMOs, especially AAA ones
    But where are you getting this from? there's no magical number at which consoles can't accept new MMOs. And it's not about "needing" FFXIV, any console will want as many games as they can host, because that's how they get their money. Also just for your information, ESO has been on Xbox longer than BDO, but that didn't stop BDO from trying, TERA is also getting on PS4 and Xbox.
    (5)
    Last edited by alimdia; 11-25-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Anarista Tarnyang
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    This proposal does nothing to fix the game as it is. What we need to do, is get them to stop wasting time and trying to derail our requests with these "fluffy" ideas and fix the issues that still plague us. Either fix the game or complete the add-on kit so other people can fix their game for them.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Crushing Fatigue
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenArisen0990 View Post
    This proposal does nothing to fix the game as it is. What we need to do, is get them to stop wasting time and trying to derail our requests with these "fluffy" ideas and fix the issues that still plague us. Either fix the game or complete the add-on kit so other people can fix their game for them.
    If only I had more than one upvote to give...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deacon Moore
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 79
    I honestly don't see the upside for Sony to cooperate with SE and link up with their competitors networks like this. It'd be a good deal for SE but Sony would lose out on an exclusive for the PS4.

People need to quit living in the early '90s and join the PC master race already.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aryn Tatsuuchi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 85
    I am in agreement about the concerns over the processing power of the systems...

The newest Xbox isn't so much of a concern, as I believe it and the PS4 are rather similar in performance...

But I have concerns that trying to develop for the Switch would just be limiting for FFXIV.
    (2)

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast