Player
    Character
    Faywen Verdon
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 36

Rejoin Dungeon Party.

We are a group of people, people with real lives, that means kids and spouses and sometimes we have to go afk. That really shouldn't be a problem in this game, as it say you have XX minutes to finish the dungeon.
    So please remove the 10 minutes inactivity. I can't really see the advantage of it.
    (0)

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefea View Post
    We are a group of people, people with real lives, that means kids and spouses and sometimes we have to go afk. That really shouldn't be a problem in this game, as it say you have XX minutes to finish the dungeon.
    So please remove the 10 minutes inactivity. I can't really see the advantage of it.
    honestly it should be lowered to 5.

People should know better than to commit to a dungeon/raid/trial and not have the time to finish it.
    And even then - if your AFK for that long - you WILL be kicked by your own party...unless its an private party.
    Bad enough we have speed run morons..we don't need prolific AFK'ers making it worse.
    You have my sympathies if your dealing with family stuff - but like i said...you don't have any business getting into things like this if you cant dedicate the time to it. Its why they made the "join duty in progress" option on duty finder.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Caitlin Seraphim
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    I so agree with this Nephtis, you prop will be kicked after 2-3 minutes. Sometimes even less
    There is no way in hell i'm waiting 10 minutes for someone to return from familiy matters. Call me selfish if you want.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefea View Post
    If something so important came up that you have to AFK for 10 minutes or more—especially if it involved your family or a work/school obligation—then you should honestly remove yourself from the instance, rather than try and force the other people in your party to wait for you. I feel like asking that of complete strangers is incredibly selfish. What about their time? Your time is not more important than theirs, and while it would suck having to requeue at a later time, that is the (for lack of a better word) “sacrifice” you make in a video game when real life takes priority.

The AFK timer is in place to prevent people from trying to mooch off of a run, and honestly, 10 minutes is incredibly generous with regards to instances that can take 15-20 minutes, if not less for a trial duty. And while I wouldn’t call you “mooching” for having to step away from the game to take care of your family, I would call you rude for expecting others that don’t even know you to wait on you just because you don’t want to have to requeue later when you’re free. If something comes up, quietly and politely apologize and remove yourself. People will be far more understanding of that as opposed to “My son is crying—please wait for 15 minutes while I go and take care of him, because I don’t want to have to requeue later when I’m free.” Waiting would be courteous, but no one is obligated to extend this courtesy to you. Your time is not more important than anyone else’s.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Baradaeg Ryssbhirwyn
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    But why can't they just deactivate the AFK timer in preformed parties?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion88 View Post
    But why can't they just deactivate the AFK timer in preformed parties?
    Relaxing the AFKick for preformed parties would be reasonable.

Expecting strangers in DF to commit to a sitting and doing nothing for fifteen to twenty minutes, when this is how long dungeon is supposed to take, isn't though.
    (4)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rongway View Post
    Relaxing the AFKick for preformed parties would be reasonable.

Expecting strangers in DF to commit to a sitting and doing nothing for fifteen to twenty minutes, when this is how long dungeon is supposed to take, isn't though.
    Agreed to be sure.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Agree that this is reasonable with a pre-formed party. Disagree 100% with DF strangers. Unless im mistaken, a pre-formed cant ask the que for a replacement if someone drops - so an option to remove the AFK timer in that instance does seem fine. Personally, if I regularly had to go AFK for more then half the time it takes to complete a dungeon(or any other regular task - almost all of them in this game take very little actual time) i would examine how the game fit into my life and make sure it was right for me.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Malfoy Fleurentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I mean, I understand that if you're a parent, your kids are a responsibility. But if i don't know you and we just met 5 minutes ago in DF, they aren't my problem or my responsibility. I'm not gonna just sit for twenty minutes while you deal with them. You had plenty of time to think the world revolved around you when you were a kid yourself. You don't know what the rest of us have planned that day or what's going on in our lives; please don't expect us to forego our free time just so you can still be in a dungeon when you get back. You do and you'll come back to find yourself standing by a mb with the words "you have been removed from the duty" on your screen, because if I have somewhere to be in an hour and have yet to get ready, I'm not twiddling my thumbs for twenty minutes while you tend to your rl life. I doubt anyone else would either. We have lives of our own, and no one else's responsibilities are anymore important than our own.

Now if it's just for 5 minutes or so, I'm more than willing to let you take a quick break. Life happens, I understand that. But when the amount of time the party spends waiting starts to get into "this guy should have at least come back and said something by now" territory, that's when your actions start to be disrespectful to others. I realize that first paragraph might sound a little harsh, but you don't need to be spending so much time away that you cause a ten minute inactivity timer to kick in without making sure your group are okay with that kind of time commitment first. That's why the timer exists in the first place. Because people are rude.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sakuraluna; 11-26-2017 at 12:36 AM.

___Malfoy __/thefleurentine.tumblr.com
    because diamonds are forever, as is dust.
    ~ . S A R G A T A N A S . ~

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Can't you just auto-run into a corner to avoid getting kicked?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast