Ryla Bee
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

Paladin - some QoL ideas

Hello, want to share ideas on PLD

1) Divine Veil is extremely random.
    If I need to shield party, and Passage of Arms is not an option, what often happens:
    - use Veil and toss Clemency to trigger it
    - healer finishes Medica or something just before damage hits, negating the Veil leading to deaths.
    Proposed change: significantly shorten duration of barrier effect (say, from 30 to 10 seconds), but don't let it be removed by heals.

2) Flash
    Does not feel melee class-y. Feels like arcane mage (excuse the WoW paralel) hopping around doing PLING-PLING-PLING arcane explosions.
    It feels.. un-physical, cheesy even.
    What I'm thinking: X-seconds after using Flash, Total Eclipse will generate extra hate. instead of: F-F-F-F, you go F-TE-TE-TE

3) Holy Spirit has 25y range. Requiscat has 0.
    Feels like limit imposed by PvP, where it would be unfair to allow PLD to nuke ranged classes that distanced themselves from melee.
    Could Requiscat be perhaps given longer range in PVE only?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Juke Fm
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 73

Me

Quote Originally Posted by RylaBee View Post
    Hello, want to share ideas on PLD

?
    More like a buff not a QoL and divine veil isn't random you should know when a healer is going to heal ya
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Hazel Korhonen
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    I don't think I understand what you mean about Divine Veil.

Divine Veil works as a buff on the PLD. While this buff is on the PLD, the ability does nothing at all. It is only when the PLD gets a heal that the people close to the PLD get the barrier, so a healer triggering it before a raidwide blast is actually desirable instead of having to break your rotation with a use of Clemency. Unless you mean something else? It's definitely not random at all, though.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyth View Post
    In 3.x, Cover was useless and everyone wanted a gap closer. In 4.x, gap closers are useless and everyone wants Cover.

Player
    Character
    Reinhardt Azureheim
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    1.) Divine Veil does not fall off party members when healed again. If it falls off from you, you proced it. If you put it too early, your fault.

2.) It not feeling "melee" is because Paladin is a tank-caster mix.

Giving it a proc upon "hitting" something with it would be similar to Unmend -> Unleash. If it is not guaranteed, sure it would be fine.

Guaranteed aggro boost would through things completely out of the window, outperforming DRK's second-last niche, last one being PvP. Keep in mind, FoF boosts TE.

3) Limitting Paladin's effective range for dealing damage is intended. Giving Paladin the ability to buff his ranged spell with another ranged ability would make Paladin monsters as DPSy tanks in PvP while giving them a huge amount of mobility for mechanics in PVE, topping WAR and DRK mobility-wise.

Even a suggestion as dumb as making Paladins stances oGCD would make him unnecessarily better than he already is. No QoL changes let alone buffs or nerfs needed.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ryla Bee
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernosaur View Post
    ..so a healer triggering it before a raidwide blast is actually desirable instead of having to break your rotation with a use of Clemency. Unless you mean something else? It's definitely not random at all
    Thanks for explanation, I misunderstood the ability description. There is sentence at the end that HP recovery will remove it - and its not after description of your buff, but after description of Barrier that is on others.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryla Bee
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhardt_Azureheim View Post
    2.) It not feeling "melee" is because Paladin is a tank-caster mix.

Giving it a proc upon "hitting" something with it would be similar to Unmend -> Unleash. If it is not guaranteed, sure it would be fine.
    I dont have DRK, but from reading the ability its not what I meant. Im not talking about free cast, but replacing "Flash spamm" with "Flash and then Total Eclipse spamm".

Also regarding the Requiescat, I specifically said not in PvP and dont understand what you mean about the Stance change oGCD, I was not talking about that at all ??
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thela Ivora
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    2) Flash
    Does not feel melee class-y. Feels like arcane mage (excuse the WoW paralel) hopping around doing PLING-PLING-PLING arcane explosions.
    It feels.. un-physical, cheesy even.
    What I'm thinking: X-seconds after using Flash, Total Eclipse will generate extra hate. instead of: F-F-F-F, you go F-TE-TE-TE
    If you're spamming flash you're doing it wrong, you're never supposed to use flash 4 times in a row as your example.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reinhardt Azureheim
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Also regarding the Requiescat, I specifically said not in PvP and dont understand what you mean about the Stance change oGCD, I was not talking about that at all ??
    I also explained why not in PVE - overtuned mobility for their ranged burst phases.

My mention about "simple stuff like ogcd stances" was to explain that Paladin needs NOTHING and is imho just perfect the way it is. Just because you didn't mention it doesn't mean I can't bring it as an example.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryla Bee
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Thela View Post
    If you're spamming flash you're doing it wrong, you're never supposed to use flash 4 times in a row as your example.
    I was thinking specificaly multi-pack pull.
    If you in dungeon gather 3 packs runnig throught them - and wanto to keep all even against some dps engaging on-the-way and healer HoTs ticking, you can only F-F-F-F, there is no other meaningful way.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Boris Taglia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I was thinking specificaly multi-pack pull.
    If you in dungeon gather 3 packs runnig throught them - and wanto to keep all even against some dps engaging on-the-way and healer HoTs ticking, you can only F-F-F-F, there is no other meaningful way.
    I deal with hots and overzealous dps as such: click off regens before engaging next pack. Flash through pack. Watch enemy list for dropping hp, rotate camera and shield lob said enemy losing the most hp. Continue with pack pulling. Pretty simple stuff.

If you can’t hold aggro with that, get better gear and try again.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast