Player
    Character
    Ceallach Ruarc
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceallach View Post
    So, if a dev could answer some questions I have, that'd be great.
    • Provided we can guarantee no one is recording, can we play whatever we want?
    • Regardless of whether there's a recording, can we play music from other FINAL FANTASY games?
    • Regardless of whether there's a recording, can we play music from other games by Square Enix, such as Nier: Automata?
    To be honest, the in-game notice wasn't very clear.
    So, any devs want to shed some light on this?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hestzhyen Voer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    1) See point below #3
    2) If you suspect you'll be recorded, don't play it (only MOST music from XIV's OST is technically allowed, even songs from other FF titles are disallowed)
    3) Same as 2

SE's TOS clearly states that we're strictly forbidden from uploading Perform recordings of songs that aren't from XIV (themes by Uematsu also being part of that ban). But generally speaking, judging by the way SE has handled similarly difficult to judge questions about actions technically running afoul of the TOS in the past (most notably parsing)... if you don't draw attention to yourself by sharing things they tell you not to record, they won't police you for playing a tune they don't own for a crowd in-game. Basically "don't force our hands by being an obvious ass about it". But since you never know who's recording/streaming what, you might want to limit your audience just to people you trust if you want to play something outside of XIV's OST.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ceallach Ruarc
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    So, I asked a GM about this, and he/she basically said we should stick to pieces from FINAL FANTASY XIV only. Playing music from anything that doesn't belong to Square Enix is definitely bad, and playing music from other Square Enix games could be possibly problematic.

So I got my answers. Thanks!
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2