Player
    Character
    Crowe Valtyr
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmar View Post
    yep you are correct however they could of been placeholder icons used at the time but i have a feeling they cut the macros as they fear people would use this to recreate other songs and have copyright issues.
    I feel like Square's fear of possibly being sued over a Perform-recreated third party song is... going to sort of kill some enjoyment and usability of this feature in the end. x.x I already sort of put it away, so to speak, the moment I realized how many keys there are and the utter lack of any kind of macro ability - even to just use one note!

Might give that hotbar swapping tip Zfz mentioned a try later, though.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Reinha Sorrowmoon
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    My initial thought was: cool! Emptied my bard's hotbar and placed the notes. Then realized I don't have the skill to even play simple arpeggios properly and swapped to another job for some tome capping. If we had macros I could make little melodies of my own. It's not like the Perform ability is loud enough to disturb anyone, with or without macros.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Stigmar Ragnork
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Yep I hear ya on that its a shame that really this patch features are pretty much DOA and i swear the content of patches has been getting less and less with each expansion
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nora Origo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Imakun View Post
    My UI uses all 10 hotbars for all my jobs, it's impossible for me to use this feature. I understand you don't need ALL of the notes, but even for just messing around I simply have no space to use even a bunch of them.
    This wasn't well thought out and needs a specific UI element just for it.
    I'd like a specific UI, but when I get home from work I'm going to try to use my ARC hotbars specifically for this and use all 6. I think I can lay it out so all the sharps/flats will be on a higher hotbar so it somewhat resembles an actual piano.

what sucks hard is the keybinding..
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Yas Ticot
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoru_Nagisa View Post
    What gets me about the macro inability is that... in the stream where Yoshi showed it off, I could have sworn he had different singular notes macro'd to buttons for easier playing access when he performed Dragonsong. I remember 1 2 3 icons instead of these color buttons. Would be nice if we could at least macro them that much. :c
    And I am pretty sure that they immediately said that it will not be the case for us. He way playing Perform God-mode .
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Opodaopo View Post
    Plus qu'une terreur, une aide précieuse
    My question, suggested by my wife, at Paris 2019 Fan Festival: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/374470999?t=03h40m29s.

Player
    Character
    Yu Zeneolsia
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    They should have let us macro it, I fear this will become the next failure (after Diadem V1.0, V2.0 and Lord of Verminnion), I hope they add macro options.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Kodoyaki Takoyaki
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 64
    I love the idea but the whole system is needlessly convoluted and seems like an afterthought. The logistics of setting up skill bars full of notes using some workaround wherein you copy your bars from Bard to Archer or something...I'm still working it out.

The idea is great, the ambition is there, but the execution feels like it wasn't thought through.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Flarestar Bladesinger
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    It should have its own UI as having to use the current combat bars is cumbersome, it needs a Performance-specific mute/volume control, and the icons are useless and should be the actual name of the note.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Taylor Swiftsong
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    No macroing, no UI, delusional copyright panic... why even bother?

I'd have picked up BRD again to play with this, but oh well.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Boo Box
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohdo View Post
    The idea is great, the ambition is there, but the execution feels like it wasn't thought through.
    I feel like this sums up a lot of things implemented by SE.
    (11)

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast