Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90

[Obsolete] HowTo: Switch between Performance HUD and Combat HUD

Update: With the 4.2 changes to the Performance action, which give performance its own hud element and keybinds, this guide is obsolete.
    I have left it for future reference regarding storage of hotbars on unused classes.

The original guide used two macros because of the need for a hud layout change. If you just want to cycle two hotbars without changing your hud layout, it can be done with a single macro.
    Code:
    /hotbar copy JOB 1 CLA 2
    /hotbar copy CLA 1 JOB 1
    /hotbar copy CLA 2 CLA 1
    Pre-4.2 Performance-specific post follows:

Hi folks, just wanted to share this for those who want a quick toggle between performance mode and normal mode. This assumes you have four bars free for a three octave "piano" layout, and two base classes to store the bars on.

For this example, I'll be using ARC to store my combat bars and PGL to store my performance bars. HUD layout 4 is my performance HUD, and layout 1 is my combat HUD.

Switching to performance mode:
    Code:
    /hotbar copy BRD 1 ARC 1
    /hotbar copy BRD 2 ARC 2
    /hotbar copy BRD 3 ARC 3
    /hotbar copy BRD 4 ARC 4
    /hotbar copy PGL 1 BRD 1
    /hotbar copy PGL 2 BRD 2
    /hotbar copy PGL 3 BRD 3
    /hotbar copy PGL 4 BRD 4
    /hudlayout 4
    Switching to combat mode:
    Code:
    /hotbar copy BRD 1 PGL 1
    /hotbar copy BRD 2 PGL 2
    /hotbar copy BRD 3 PGL 3
    /hotbar copy BRD 4 PGL 4
    /hotbar copy ARC 1 BRD 1
    /hotbar copy ARC 2 BRD 2
    /hotbar copy ARC 3 BRD 3
    /hotbar copy ARC 4 BRD 4
    /hudlayout 1

1) First, switch to BRD and put your "To Performance HUD" button on your bar.
    Important: The button to switch to performance mode should be on one of the bars that is switching over.

2) Activate the performance mode macro to save your combat bars to ARC. This will also switch to the HUD layout that you will use for performing. It will also replace your bars with whatever was on your PGL bars.

3) At this point, you should replace the "to performance mode" macro with the "back to combat mode" macro. The two macros should never be on your bars at the same time.

4) Now you can set up your bars like so, discarding the PGL actions:

or

In my personal experience, the piano-style layout is better for clicky clicky playing, but the one with each bar being a semitone series feels better for playing on [1] ~ [=] with modifier keys to change octaves. Use whichever you feel more comfortable with.

Once you've got all the buttons on, including a button for the combat mode macro,

5) activate the combat mode macro to save your "piano" to PGL and switch back to your BRD combat bars.

Now you should be able to use the switch macros to go back and forth easily.
    (15)
    Last edited by Rongway; 01-28-2018 at 08:58 AM. Reason: 4.2

Player
    Character
    Lowena Fae
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    This is awesome, thank you!
    (0)
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/376009-Fabulous-Flying-Unicorn%21

Player
    Character
    Estriella Faerie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Is there also a way to change keybindings at the same time as changing layout ? Or are we stuck with our fighting keybindings (in which case I'm fucked...) ?
    (2)

4. 11-22-2017 12:37 AM

Player
    Character
    Menardy Winternight
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    oh well, i got the wrong idea x_X don't think you can change keybinds with macros :x
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karura Rarumanion
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Is there any option to add specified macro to hotbar with "hotbar" or another command? (for example - by number)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorTM View Post
    Is there any option to add specified macro to hotbar with "hotbar" or another command? (for example - by number)
    The system doesn't allow assigning singular macros to bars, but they are allowed to transfer with a whole hotbar copy. My swap macros are in the same hotbar slot on their respective setups, so that one button acts as a toggle between the two.
    (0)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Tenshi Stormstout
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    You, are a god. <3 thank you for sharing this! it works perfectly!
    (0)
    Well met!
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/13432666/ - my lovely character in all her glory~

Yes I am spoken for!
    Husband/BF: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/13415801/

have any Q's? PM me here or find me in game on Goblin in the Aether Data Center! <3

Player
    Character
    Boo Box
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    You rock! I've been looking for this all day D:
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Really useful setup, ty! Make sure to avoid losing hotbars by overwriting the wrong one. Put the macros on a non-shared toolbar so only one of the two is showing at a time, or after the initial copy remove copying the toolbars to the storage jobs(the lines that copy to the arc & pgl).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rosalyn Valeroyant
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Not sure what I did wrong, but it's not saving my hotbars. It'll keep them for a little while, but after doing an instance or something, I loose everything on my performance bars.

EDIT: Gave it another try, following what Dustytome said. Hoping having the macros apart will be the difference.
    (0)
    Last edited by AriesMouse; 11-24-2017 at 11:39 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast