Player
    Character
    Fen Wolfwood
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 22

What is considered a 'good' realm population?

I joined a JP realm (Kujata) because I wanted to play on a Japanese server (for language-practise purposes), yet, I find that there just aren't many people at all. Granted, I am only lv. 20; I feel that I rarely encounter anyone, and whenever I queue for a dungeon I just can't get into one. Even with all language options selected.. A 12 minute queue drags on for an hour and yields nothing.

https://ffxivcensus.com/ states that the realm has 6568 active players.
    ..that just doesn't seem like a lot.

Any suggestions? Thoughts? Querries?

Side-question: Any ideas on a decently populated JP server? (I don't care about the lack of English speaking players).

Thanks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eve Knight
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Firstly, know that Duty Finder uses players from across the entire data center, not just your one world.

Secondly, as far as relative world populations, the most useful and current source, albeit not the most specific, would be the official status post here:
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...06d0909189e479

That classifies Kujata as "standard." The "congested" ones likely have more, but this would only be viable if you already have a character there since you cannot create a character there or transfer while it's congested.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fen Wolfwood
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 22
    Quote Originally Posted by EveK View Post
    Firstly, know that Duty Finder uses players from across the entire data center, not just your one world.

Secondly, as far as relative world populations, the most useful and current source, albeit not the most specific, would be the official status post here:
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...06d0909189e479

That classifies Kujata as "standard." The "congested" ones likely have more, but this would only be viable if you already have a character there since you cannot create a character there or transfer while it's congested.
    Thanks a lot for that post. It clarified a fair amount of info. Especially about Duty finder being data-centre linked.

I guess I got a little 'disheartened' that the world I run around in seems quite lonely.
    I understand I am a new player (again, lv. 20), but I expected to see more people out and about doing F.A.T.E's and questing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eve Knight
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Populations also have a rhythm. It's been a while since we've had a major update, so our populations will be relatively low. 4.15 is just around the corner, but the renewed surge of people for that will likely be in PvP duties and such. When we get 4.2 (probably around February), you'll likely see a lot more people out in the field. =)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eyriwaen Zirhmusyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    When it comes to queue times, it's less about the player population and more about how many of them are playing healer and tank.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aliiza Duskryn
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr0jectseph View Post
    Thanks a lot for that post. It clarified a fair amount of info. Especially about Duty finder being data-centre linked.

I guess I got a little 'disheartened' that the world I run around in seems quite lonely.
    I understand I am a new player (again, lv. 20), but I expected to see more people out and about doing F.A.T.E's and questing.
    You will need to start on a preferred world in order to experience everyone doing everything but be warned that not a lot of people talk in dungeons, fates or in general in game anymore, more usually on discord.

The following realms/servers JP are preferred, might help, but from my experience on one, can tell ya a lot more active usually.
    ○ Aegis
     ○ Asura
    ○ Ridill

(0)

Player
    Character
    Mugetsu Okami
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Also keep in mind that time zones are different therefor the JP peak hours are different than they would be in the US. Same goes for EU. If you don't see many people online, it could be that you are playing during a lull period in the server.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Vineas Hillis
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr0jectseph View Post

Any suggestions? Thoughts? Querries?
    Firstly welcome to Kujata Server!! There few facts that you have to understand:
    1. At lv 20 does make difference in the amount of players that you will meet. You have to understand that most players are already in the Stormblood areas, leaving the ARR and HW world rather empty. But there are many players in hanging around the city during the weekend.
    2. Queue is always long if you play as DPS no matter which data center you go! Even for me at lv 70, it can takes 30mins.. A tips for faster queue is by forming a smaller party in advance before queuing, play as tank or healer (<5min), and join Free Company for extra helps!
    3. Duty finder will match you with players from other server in the same data center so it doesn't matter where you play from.

Send me a direct message if you are interested to be part of the Kujata Free Company!
    (0)